BSUTOP25

OT: UCF is absolute garbage. They’d be a .500 team in the MWC.

17 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

You are seriously equating next season's AAC TV contract with the PAC12 contract signed 10 years ago, and due for replacement in 2 years?

The AAC contract ESPN contract isn't even that much...  $7M per year ($5M after expenses), since it is heavy ESPN+.  

https://dailycampus.com/stories/2019/3/25/aac-and-espn-sign-new-12-year-media-rights-deal

That 7M per team wont be achieved until year 6 or 7.

2 minutes ago, CaffeinatedCoog said:

I am not "equating" anything.  I am comparing (those words do not mean the same thing).  Yes, as the 10 year old deal and the new AAC deal are the only known facts at this time---yes---I am comparing those figures to one another.  Its the only data known.  All deals have differing dates so whining about signing dates is silly.   Its a fallacy in any comparison of contract deals.  

Given that there's much more data in this thread than that, I'm going to assume going forward that you're just being willfully obtuse.

1 hour ago, RSF said:

That 7M per team wont be achieved until year 6 or 7.

Given that there's much more data in this thread than that, I'm going to assume going forward that you're just being willfully obtuse.

Shrug.  We make 2 milliion a year now.  We will make 2 or 3 tiimes more than that next year even using your figures.   The AAC will make some progress in closing the gap.  Thats simply a fact.  lol....Will that last very long---probably not.   But despite your wild flailing about---like it or not---the gap will narrow next year.  Not sure why you seem so bothered by that.  The MW is signing a new deal.  Perhaps they will do just as well.  We will soon see.  

6 hours ago, CaffeinatedCoog said:

While this is looked at as a marketing failure---its actually more of a product failure.  Coke changed the actual product and were forced to go back to the old formulation by popular demand.  I actually worked for Houston Coca Cola Bottling at the time.   lol---I was just an account manager at the time, but it was a horrible period to work for the company---especially for the first month following the change because the original talking points we got from corporate was something to the effect that "New Coke was the only Coke and the old formula would no longer be available".   Customers didnt like that talking point at all.  There were people who took their Coca Cola very seriously and there were several times when I was confronted by consumers who were so angry I though it might turn violent.  Crazy times.   

New Coke was a scheme that was launched from Coca Cola’s marketing department.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Coke

12 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

I mean, none of them are good teams....this is Utah’s best year in a really long time but the PAC is just plain not good-worse than the AAC by many measures.  If Utah plays Cincy or Memphis they will lose.  That’s money in the bank.  

How much you wanna bet ?

Their d-line alone has a minumim of four and possibly 5 guys getting drafted next spring. 3 of those guys would have been drafted last year if they hadn't stayed for their senior season. 

That O-line is beast sized, athletic, and strong. They literally beat teams down over four quarters .

Utah is the team nobody  wants to play in the CFP. Even if you win, they will have beaten you down and you will have nothing left for the Championship.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, renoskier said:

And you're right, from an actual marketing standpoint, the whole snafu probably worked out well in the long run. "Coke" was like a worldwide story for awhile.

There is no such thing as good or bad publicity. There is only publicity.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CaffeinatedCoog said:

The MW is signing a new deal.  Perhaps they will do just as well.  We will soon see.  

No, they won't. 

To the media, Boise is a valuable asset and possibly SDSU because of it's potential SoCal market and late night scheduling slot. All other teams are not.

All I have to do is look at the broadcast outlets for the rest of the conference. It's mostly internet based or ESPN+, or EspnU.

There is very little demand even regionally for MW sports. Too many professional sports and Pac-12 teams.

2 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

New Coke was a scheme that was launched from Coca Cola’s marketing department.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Coke

I understand---Im just saying that the marketing of "New Coke" wasnt the problem.  The New Coke product was the problem. 

One theory thats been floated in the years since was the whole thing was designed to make it easy to switch from sugar to corn syrup.   Supposedly when they brought back the "Classic Coke" (that was the first step toward New Coke eventually getting dumped), they brought it back with corn syrup which saved the company a crap load of money over sugar.  I never heard anything about that at the time--but I guess its possible.  The only formula fiddling I was aware during the New Coke period was that the Houston Bottlers got special permission from Atlanta to increase the amount of carbonation in New Coke to try to make it more like the original formulation.  It didnt make any difference.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

I mean, none of them are good teams....this is Utah’s best year in a really long time but the PAC is just plain not good-worse than the AAC by many measures.  If Utah plays Cincy or Memphis they will lose.  That’s money in the bank.  

Hey @BSUTOP25, this is the “East Coast Sports Center” guy right?

He sounds very credible.....

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Your claim of the AAC outperforming the best days of the MWC - you do know that Utah had a pair of top 5 finishes in the 2000s, right?  Blowout win over Pitt in the '05 Fiesta Bowl and two td win over Alabama in '09 Sugar Bowl??   2nd in the final AP poll that year??? 

And TCU was ranked #2 in the final Coaches' poll in 2010. Won the 2011 Rose Bowl.  Just saying...

9 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

Your claim of the AAC outperforming the best days of the MWC - you do know that Utah had a pair of top 5 finishes in the 2000s, right?  Blowout win over Pitt in the '05 Fiesta Bowl and two td win over Alabama in '09 Sugar Bowl??   2nd in the final AP poll that year??? 

And TCU was ranked #2 in the final Coaches' poll in 2010. Won the 2011 Rose Bowl.  Just saying...

You know there were ratings that actually had TCU #1?

You wouldnt know it from our stadium, though.  No sign claiming a 2010 National Championship.  No rings, either.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, CaffeinatedCoog said:

The MW used to market itself as "Above The Rest".  Same thing.  The AAC can very reasonably argue that is the 6th best of the 10 FBS conferences.  You can market the AAC as "The best of the bottom 5 conferences in FBS" or you can market the AAC as "One of the top 6 conference in FBS".  While both are true----It doesnt take much marketing savy to see one sounds much better than the other.  

Aresco coming up with P6 is one of the best examples of branding and marketing.  P6 doesn't cost a cent, slap it on the sideline markers, on helmets, on jerseys, on backgrounds for TV interviews....it gets national attention for not one penney advertising cost.  Yes, P6 has a nice ring to it. "Best of the Bottom" surely would not have gotten the message across.

On 11/13/2019 at 6:44 AM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

They must have some good drugs down where you're at. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tulsa Guy said:

Aresco coming up with P6 is one of the best examples of branding and marketing.  P6 doesn't cost a cent, slap it on the sideline markers, on helmets, on jerseys, on backgrounds for TV interviews....it gets national attention for not one penney advertising cost.  Yes, P6 has a nice ring to it. "Best of the Bottom" surely would not have gotten the message across.

National attention? Laff laff laff. I don't think anyone cares about the P6 moniker except those idiots that mentally masturbate to the thoughts of it. 

• Like 1

:OT: observation.  The power conferences have at least three members in the AAU.

B1G: 13

P12: nine

ACC and SEC: four

B12: three 

The American?  Just one (Tulane).  Just found that interesting.

12 hours ago, utenation said:

Hey @BSUTOP25, this is the “East Coast Sports Center” guy right?

He sounds very credible.....

He's the one that made that crap up.  All I did was ask if the programming was the same.  Don't fall to his idiotic level.

10 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

I've only spoken of the MW relative to the AAC in terms of each other.  It is dishonest/without meaning to go back to a different era of football to create any argument and apply it to the present, so I only interest myself with the time that both leagues have existed together.  Yes, in a different decade TCU and Utah were successful and earned their way into the big conf shuffle by different methods.  This decade, in terms of what I laid out earlier, is different however.  I think its great that TCU won the Rose Bowl in 2011.  I wonder if the future members of the AAC will tout UCF's Fiesta or Peach Bowl victories after they move on to a different conference, maybe Tulsa guy can give insight.  

49 minutes ago, MetropolitanCowboy said:

They must have some good drugs down where you're at. 

Methamphetamine is a hell of a drug.

On 11/12/2019 at 2:56 PM, utenation said:

You guys just don’t get it. If your conference was as good as you claim, you wouldn’t be over here arguing with MWC fans on how good you are. The numbers and data would speak for itself.

The numbers and data do speak for themselves though, there is a clear delineation between the two.  You may just be choosing to ignore it.  Also, I don't speak for the Tulsa guy, but I can tell you that P5 teams tout how great they are all the time on g5 boards.  So your false equivalence statement has no meaning.

53 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Methamphetamine is a hell of a drug.

He must have some of Walter White's blue stuff. Secret stash.

12 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

He's the one that made that crap up.  All I did was ask if the programming was the same.  Don't fall to his idiotic level.

Now, now. I know exactly what was said.  You are nothing more than a bucket of chum. Thrown into the water for this board’s amusement.  @BSUTOP25 is a message board master.  He’s forgotten more abusive, condescending, sarcastic back handed tactics than you’ll ever know. 

You’re too stupid to pick up the mechanics. 

• Cheers 1