Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

OT: UCF is absolute garbage. They’d be a .500 team in the MWC.

9 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

Your claim of the AAC outperforming the best days of the MWC - you do know that Utah had a pair of top 5 finishes in the 2000s, right?  Blowout win over Pitt in the '05 Fiesta Bowl and two td win over Alabama in '09 Sugar Bowl??   2nd in the final AP poll that year??? 

And TCU was ranked #2 in the final Coaches' poll in 2010. Won the 2011 Rose Bowl.  Just saying...

You know there were ratings that actually had TCU #1?

You wouldnt know it from our stadium, though.  No sign claiming a 2010 National Championship.  No rings, either.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

20 hours ago, CaffeinatedCoog said:

The MW used to market itself as "Above The Rest".  Same thing.  The AAC can very reasonably argue that is the 6th best of the 10 FBS conferences.  You can market the AAC as "The best of the bottom 5 conferences in FBS" or you can market the AAC as "One of the top 6 conference in FBS".  While both are true----It doesnt take much marketing savy to see one sounds much better than the other.  

Aresco coming up with P6 is one of the best examples of branding and marketing.  P6 doesn't cost a cent, slap it on the sideline markers, on helmets, on jerseys, on backgrounds for TV interviews....it gets national attention for not one penney advertising cost.  Yes, P6 has a nice ring to it. "Best of the Bottom" surely would not have gotten the message across.

On 11/13/2019 at 6:44 AM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

I mean, none of them are good teams....this is Utah’s best year in a really long time but the PAC is just plain not good-worse than the AAC by many measures.  If Utah plays Cincy or Memphis they will lose.  That’s money in the bank.  

They must have some good drugs down where you're at. 

9 minutes ago, Tulsa Guy said:

Aresco coming up with P6 is one of the best examples of branding and marketing.  P6 doesn't cost a cent, slap it on the sideline markers, on helmets, on jerseys, on backgrounds for TV interviews....it gets national attention for not one penney advertising cost.  Yes, P6 has a nice ring to it. "Best of the Bottom" surely would not have gotten the message across.

National attention? Laff laff laff. I don't think anyone cares about the P6 moniker except those idiots that mentally masturbate to the thoughts of it. 

:OT: observation.  The power conferences have at least three members in the AAU.

B1G: 13

P12: nine

ACC and SEC: four

B12: three 

The American?  Just one (Tulane).  Just found that interesting.

10 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

Your claim of the AAC outperforming the best days of the MWC - you do know that Utah had a pair of top 5 finishes in the 2000s, right?  Blowout win over Pitt in the '05 Fiesta Bowl and two td win over Alabama in '09 Sugar Bowl??   2nd in the final AP poll that year??? 

And TCU was ranked #2 in the final Coaches' poll in 2010. Won the 2011 Rose Bowl.  Just saying...

I've only spoken of the MW relative to the AAC in terms of each other.  It is dishonest/without meaning to go back to a different era of football to create any argument and apply it to the present, so I only interest myself with the time that both leagues have existed together.  Yes, in a different decade TCU and Utah were successful and earned their way into the big conf shuffle by different methods.  This decade, in terms of what I laid out earlier, is different however.  I think its great that TCU won the Rose Bowl in 2011.  I wonder if the future members of the AAC will tout UCF's Fiesta or Peach Bowl victories after they move on to a different conference, maybe Tulsa guy can give insight.  

On 11/12/2019 at 2:56 PM, utenation said:

You guys just don’t get it. If your conference was as good as you claim, you wouldn’t be over here arguing with MWC fans on how good you are. The numbers and data would speak for itself.

The numbers and data do speak for themselves though, there is a clear delineation between the two.  You may just be choosing to ignore it.  Also, I don't speak for the Tulsa guy, but I can tell you that P5 teams tout how great they are all the time on g5 boards.  So your false equivalence statement has no meaning.

12 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

He's the one that made that crap up.  All I did was ask if the programming was the same.  Don't fall to his idiotic level.

Now, now. I know exactly what was said.  You are nothing more than a bucket of chum. Thrown into the water for this board’s amusement.  @BSUTOP25 is a message board master.  He’s forgotten more abusive, condescending, sarcastic back handed tactics than you’ll ever know. 

You’re too stupid to pick up the mechanics. 

On 11/14/2019 at 12:15 AM, utenation said:

Hey @BSUTOP25, this is the “East Coast Sports Center” guy right?

He sounds very credible.....

20 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

He's the one that made that crap up.  All I did was ask if the programming was the same.  Don't fall to his idiotic level.

8 hours ago, utenation said:

Now, now. I know exactly what was said.  You are nothing more than a bucket of chum. Thrown into the water for this board’s amusement.  @BSUTOP25 is a message board master.  He’s forgotten more abusive, condescending, sarcastic back handed tactics than you’ll ever know. 

Lol — @halfmanhalfbronco, our pal is “WOOSHING IT” again. Classic. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

10 hours ago, utenation said:

If you knew what was said then you wouldn’t want to double down on it.  

All bsutop25 does is make up a catch phrase that is usually nonsensical and repeats it over and over.   Not someone you should want to put up the way you are...slim pickings in your circle?

3 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

If you knew what was said then you wouldn’t want to double down on it.  

All bsutop25 does is make up a catch phrase that is usually nonsensical and repeats it over and over.   Not someone you should want to put up the way you are...slim pickings in your circle?

Member that time you said UCF was the fastest team ever to win the amount of games they did and the fastest to play in NY6 bowls?

I believe you though,  That live baseball game that was going on at 1:30 AM ET that had that cut in from East Coast Sports Center really delved deep into "spot-gate".  East Coast 30 for 30 is up for multiple IRE awards, well deserved too!