Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rosegreen

Purdue Fort Wayne at UNLV

DATE: Tuesday, November 5
TIME: 7:00 p.m.
SITE: Tarkanian Court, Thomas & Mack Center (18,000), Las Vegas
TV/VID.: Mountain West Network/UNLVRebels.com (Tony Cordasco, Donovan Stewart
RADIO: ESPN Radio 1100 AM (Jon Sandler, Curtis Terry, sideline reporter: Steve Cofield)
AUDIO: UNLV Gameday App/TuneIn & UNLVRebels.com
STATS: Live Stats at Gameday App & UNLVRebels.com

The 2019-20 season marks the 37th year of Runnin’ Rebel basketball in the Thomas & Mack Center. UNLV has posted an all-time record of 488-125 (.796) in the arena since it opened in 1983

UNLV All-Time Record: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1,288-567 (.694)/62nd season

This will mark the second all-time meeting between UNLV and Purdue Fort Wayne, with the Runnin’ Rebels winning the lone previous meeting

Previously known as IPFW, the two schools previously met in men’s basketball during the 2002-03

UNLV is 15-2 all-time against teams that currently make up the Summit League

Otzelberger’s South Dakota State teams went 5-1 against Purdue Fort Wayne over the last three years, including a season split last year

UNLV is 48-13 all-time in season lid-lifters and is 40-7 when opening the season at home

UNLV lost its season opener last year, 61-50, at home to Loyola Marymount

The Runnin’ Rebels are 25-3 in season openers at the Thomas & Mack Center

Purdue Fort Wayne did not play an exhibition game this season

The Mastodons were picked to finish sixth in this year’s Summit League standings

UNLV’s roster includes no freshmen

UNLV holds the NCAA record for most consecutive games scoring at least one 3-pointer. Since the 3-point field goal was adopted by the NCAA in 1986-87, UNLV has converted at least one 3-pointer in all 1,070 games played.

UNLV has finished the season with a winning percentage above .500, 56 times in its 61-year history

I gotta work tonight because I'm taking a week off next week....

Seahawks at 49ers Monday

UNLV at Cal Tuesday

UNLV at UCLA Friday

VGK at LA Kings Saturday

Gonna be a fun trip.

BTW, if anyone is going to CAL game or know someone who wants to.... I have 2 extra tickets first row behind UNLV bench. So close I might see if I can put a uniform on and get a couple hard fouls for the boys.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

Gonna try and stream it though.

IPFW has 6 straight winning seasons and starting frontcourt who has a ton of experience.

Scouting report:

Donnie Tillman vs. Matt Holba

Diong vs Dylan Carl

Holba is an offensive beast. Stretch 4. I think Tillman will match up well, but Holba is going to get his I believe.

Carl is a solid big. I do think Diong should dominate this matchup. This is year 3 for the kid. We're gonna see that next step. No reason Diong doesn't average 10+ points and boards a 2+ blocks this year.

Hardy is the heart and soul still. I'm excited he has a shooter around him in Antonio. I also think M-Long will be great along side Hardy. Long is more of a pass first guy. Hardy we need to score, but of course both will be dishing the ball. About as close a combination to Oscar Bellfield and Anthony Marshall we can get. Both probably average 5+ assists in this offense.

This is a huge game. UNLV traditionally has been slow out the gate the last few years. IPFW wins this or keeps it close under Rice and Menzies. I think that changes. I like TJO's philosophies and I think UNLV finally wins the games it supposed to...consistently. Which UNLV has been lacking in previous years. (win some big games, lose to scrubs later)

Excited for the new season.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

57 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

I gotta work tonight because I'm taking a week off next week....

Seahawks at 49ers Monday

UNLV at Cal Tuesday

UNLV at UCLA Friday

VGK at LA Kings Saturday

Gonna be a fun trip.

BTW, if anyone is going to CAL game or know someone who wants to.... I have 2 extra tickets first row behind UNLV bench. So close I might see if I can put a uniform on and get a couple hard fouls for the boys.

What a fantastic trip, I'm jealous!