Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fbpack

Utah @Nevada MBB

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

I just kept thinking how much Drew would have helped last years Nevada team. He would have taken all the ball handling duties off the Martin twins and improved the Pack three point shooting. 

Nevada looks like a team that lost most of their starting lineup and are starting from scratch. 

he knows it too, you could see it in his face. I felt bad for him, he's been my favorite UNR player.

11 hours ago, Del Scorcho said:

I was pleasantly surprised and a little shocked. 

We have won our first game, only 9 more to go to reach my expectation level. 

Utah has a well coached team. Played really good defense and ran the ofense well. Your freshman are impressive and played within the system, though they are older than the usual freshmen. If you guys can find a consistent outside shooter, you'll be dangerous by the conference tournament.

53 minutes ago, NMpackalum said:

Utah has a well coached team. Played really good defense and ran the ofense well. Your freshman are impressive and played within the system, though they are older than the usual freshmen. If you guys can find a consistent outside shooter, you'll be dangerous by the conference tournament.

Ten true freshman is what was said and they sure look good.  That Gach kid looked a lot like former NM player Tony Snell who is now with the Detroit Pistons.

16 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

I just kept thinking how much Drew would have helped last years Nevada team. He would have taken all the ball handling duties off the Martin twins and improved the Pack three point shooting. 

Nevada looks like a team that lost most of their starting lineup and are starting from scratch. 

Also don't forget, the year Nevada made it to the sweet sixteen they didn't have Drew. Had he been healthy there is little chance they lose to Loyola.

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

13 minutes ago, battle.borne said:

Also don't forget, the year Nevada made it to the sweet sixteen they didn't have Drew. Had he been healthy there is little chance they lose to Loyola.

Yeah, the what-ifs with Drew, Caroline, and the Martins are definitely interesting. Although, there are plenty of them in the history of Nevada basketball with all of our early entries.

On the other hand, it would've been a really difficult year this year without Drew. At least Alford has something decent to build on.

14 hours ago, NMpackalum said:

Only 1 of those kids are LDS and went on a mission. 

13 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

Only 1 of those kids are LDS and went on a mission. 

I only mentioned it because Alford mentioned it in his pre game presser. I saw 2 that mentioned a mission on the school roster site including Carlson who will be a stud. 

Pac12 went undefeated the last couple of days... the Pac is back baby! :cheer::P

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."