Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

Mexico -- murders are going up at a rapid rate again

Mexico is walking that fine line between normal and failed state. There are no easy solutions. Regular people are caught between a govt that is corrupt at every level and the cartels. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Just now, retrofade said:

It's ok, Donny is going to send in the cavalry...

And once again the President shows off his phucking ignorance. Mexico will never accept overt US action. Too much bad history between us, and it's not just the govt. The people of Mexico won't stand for it either. Donny needs to keep his mouth shut and work quietly with the Mexican govt.

39 minutes ago, Uncle Juan said:

Mexico is walking that fine line between normal and failed state. There are no easy solutions. Regular people are caught between a govt that is corrupt at every level and the cartels. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I think they need to do with the cartels what the American government did with organized crime in the thirties. That is to say, basically declare a national emergency and suspend habeus corpus for cartel members while arming their version of the G-men to the teeth. Let all cartel members know they will be treated fairly if they give themselves up but warn them that if they don't give up their criminal activity they will be hunted down and shot on sight.

Elliot Ness lived an extremely stressful life as head of the Untouchables and was eventually compelled to leave law enforcement, ultimately dying penniless of a massive heart attack in his early fifties. However, for a couple decades he and his crew coordinated the demise of the vast majority of the organized crime in Chicago. From what I know of the guy, I consider him a hero and the Mexican government could use somebody like that.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Just now, SleepingGiantFan said:

I think they need to do with the cartels what the American government did with organized crime in the thirties. That is to say, basically declare a national emergency and suspend habeus corpus for cartel members while arming their version of the G-men to the teeth. Let all cartel members know they will be treated fairly if they give themselves up but warn them that if they don't give up their criminal activity they will be hunted down and shot on sight.

Elliot Ness lived an extremely stressful life as head of the Untouchables and was eventually compelled to leave law enforcement, eventually dying penniless of a massive heart attack in his early fifties. However, for a couple decades he and his crew coordinated the demise of the vast majority of the organized crime in Chicago. From what I know of the guy, I consider him a hero and the Mexican government could use somebody like that.

There are guys like that already. The problem is corruption runs so deep in Mexican Law Enforcement and the Army that the cartels get tipped whenever there is an op against them. The lure of money, and the threats to family are powerful tools for the cartels.

37 minutes ago, Uncle Juan said:

And once again the President shows off his phucking ignorance. Mexico will never accept overt US action. Too much bad history between us, and it's not just the govt. The people of Mexico won't stand for it either. Donny needs to keep his mouth shut and work quietly with the Mexican govt.

So invading northern Mexico is a bad idea.  Hmmm

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, THEUniversityofNevada said:

We need to invade Northern Mexico NOW and not stop until Albuquerque is either subdued or sharpied off the map!!

I don't like you but that was witty

4 minutes ago, Rocket said:

yea invading other countries bad guy. bye bye

sorry just trying to match the ignorance sarcasm?

It was a joke. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, Rocket said:

I see that, you have to put an emoji

I apologize. Next time I will include the appropriate emoji or emoticon.  :cheers:

11 minutes ago, THEUniversityofNevada said:

We need to invade Northern Mexico NOW and not stop until Albuquerque is either subdued or sharpied off the map!!

This wins the mwcboard today.  POTD.  Congrats.