Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

OT: Montana HS Football Playoffs

4 minutes ago, MetropolitanCowboy said:

Butte

Eureka
Miles City

Fairview

Jordan

I go back and forth on the Miles City-Laurel one. It's going to be brutal for both teams.

Just now, MetropolitanCowboy said:

I give the edge to MC based on them having home field. Could go either way though, like you said. 

Laurel is tough. Beating Dillon surprised me. So I think they can take anyone since I thought Dillon was the best team in Class A.

Wibaux-Jordan is going to be a ballbuster for both sides. I give Jordan the edge with their home field, but Wibaux is in better shape than at teh start of the playoffs owing to the fact that Tel Lunde is back. I saw that kid tear up 8-man, and he's doing a good job of making 6-man look silly as well. 

8 minutes ago, MetropolitanCowboy said:

Same family? I had no idea. I've had dealings in that part of the world. We probably know some of the same people. 

Yep.

And we probably do. It's a small world out there.

Butte - because they are nasty.

Laurel over Cowtown.

Manhattan (256) - Manhattan Christian (100) Co-op should have to compete in Class A, but I think they'll win Class B.

Fairview - I've got a third cousin or something that plays for them.

Wibaux - Great program that has sustained in a small town for at least the last 15-20 years if not longer.  

On 11/1/2019 at 3:35 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

Baker has to travel 667 miles for it's first round playoff football game against Eureka in Class B .  (That's about the same distance as San Diego to Redding, CA).

And only 11 miles of that is on the interstate.

image.png.ff0472341d09d7a1e4a4a5dc9508d83f.png

https://www.montanasports.com/high-school/warm-up-the-bus-baker-owns-longest-road-trip-of-first-round?fbclid=IwAR00cOEEQQflGXiPf12SW83DS_LPrgoWRUJrzObsRkHAgbo9WUEMKobM11s

Also notable in 6-man action, @Joe from WY's Harlowton-Ryegate Engineers have to travel all the way to the Flathead Reservation to take on undefeated Hot Springs.

Are you following Class C, @MetropolitanCowboy?

This thread is a great idea. People might ask, well if a HS FB playoff game were played but no one outside Montana ever heard about it, did it really happen? This thread ensures that, YES!, it did happen. 🙂🙂🙂

kat.jpg

On 11/1/2019 at 3:35 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

Baker has to travel 667 miles for it's first round playoff football game against Eureka in Class B .  (That's about the same distance as San Diego to Redding, CA).

And only 11 miles of that is on the interstate.

image.png.ff0472341d09d7a1e4a4a5dc9508d83f.png

https://www.montanasports.com/high-school/warm-up-the-bus-baker-owns-longest-road-trip-of-first-round?fbclid=IwAR00cOEEQQflGXiPf12SW83DS_LPrgoWRUJrzObsRkHAgbo9WUEMKobM11s

Also notable in 6-man action, @Joe from WY's Harlowton-Ryegate Engineers have to travel all the way to the Flathead Reservation to take on undefeated Hot Springs.

Are you following Class C, @MetropolitanCowboy?

At that point they should just play each other online with an agreed upon video FB game. Then take the money they saved from the 2 day trip, and for the ‘after-game’ party use it on booze, weed and moose lingerie. 

kat.jpg

On 11/21/2019 at 1:16 PM, MetropolitanCowboy said:

Butte

Eureka

Miles City

Fairview

Jordan

4 out of 5 - not bad.

6-Man

Jordan 70, Wibaux 14

Wibaux;0;14;0;0;—;14
Jordan;21;19;15;15;—;70

JOR — Derek Reis 8 pass from Keenan Murnion (kick failed)

JOR — Derek Reis 2 run (Edward Murnion run)

JOR — Team safety

JOR — Dawson Murnion 13 pass from Keenan Murnion (kick failed)

WBX — Gavin Nelson 1 run ( kick)

JOR — Edward Murnion 35 pass from Keenan Murnion (kick failed)

JOR — Edward Murnion 5 pass from Keenan Murnion (kick failed)

WBX — Tel Lunde 7 run (kick failed)

JOR — Edward Murnion 41 pass from Keenan Murnion (Edward Murnion pass from Keenan Murnion)

JOR — Cole Murnion 16 pass from Keenan Murnion (kick failed)

JOR — Team safety

JOR — Cole Murnion NA fumble return ( kick)

JOR — Cole Murnion 29 pass from Edward Murnion (Edward Murnion kick)

JOR — Ben McRae 5 pass from Keenan Murnion (Derek Reis pass from Keenan Murnion)

8-Man

Fairview 70, Alberton-Superior 6

Class B

Eureka 20, Manhattan 6

Class A

Miles City 35, Laurel 7

20 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

4 out of 5 - not bad.

6-Man

Jordan 70, Wibaux 14

8-Man

Fairview 70, Alberton-Superior 6

Class B

Eureka 20, Manhattan 6

Class A

Miles City 35, Laurel 7

I thought about picking Bozeman too, but I can't stand them, so that blinded me on it. 

I see the Murnions beat Wibaux handily...wonder if there'll be more coming once this group leaves?

They've also voted to realign 6-man and 8-man...yet again. 

https://cdn4.sportngin.com/attachments/document/1e4b-2039200/2020_6-Player_Realignment_1_.pdf (6 man)

https://cdn3.sportngin.com/attachments/document/e15f-2039203/2020_8-Player_Realignment_1_.pdf (8 man)

Still think they'd be better off putting WSS and Harlo in the same division, but I don't make the rules.