Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

OT: Montana HS Football Playoffs

8 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

Shelby and all those other Class B teams like Forsyth, Joliet, etc. that dropped to 8-Man should go back and play at the level they belong at. It's crazy. Even Plentywood in Class C is ridiculous.

There definitely does need to be a realignment. Somehow they have to be made more regional; I honestly think that if a school is  co-op it should be forced to play at least 8-Man, leaving 6-Man for the smallest of the small... the districts as they exist now are getting crazy far-flung. Even in the regular season in the Eastern 8-Man you have Broadus playing intra-district games with Plentywood and Culbertson. Even West Yellowstone being in the same district as Park City. It's nuts.

Ekalaka is back in 8man too...more long distances.

Class B football playoff scores

Columbus 28, Glasgow 24
Eureka 65, Baker 24
Fairfield 41, Townsend 13
Florence 59, Shepherd 6
Malta 26, Jefferson 7
Manhattan 41, Cut Bank 0
Missoula Loyola 20, Huntley Project 0
Red Lodge 28, Bigfork 25

Columbus scored with a minute left to win 28-24.

Class C 8-Man:

Nov. 1-2, first round

Fairview 70, Choteau 8
Thompson Falls 55, Twin Bridges 20
Fort Benton 62, Culbertson 0
Park City 34, St. Ignatius 24
Alberton-Superior 58, Shelby 21
Belt 70, Scobey 34
Drummond-Philipsburg 46, West Yellowstone 40 (2OT)
Great Falls Central 41, Ekalaka 18

Nov. 9, second round

Thompson Falls at Fairview
Park City at Fort Benton
Belt at Alberton-Superior
Drummond-Philipsburg at Great Falls Central

6-Man state football playoffs

Nov. 2, first round 

Hot Springs 47, Harlowton-Ryegate 18
Westby-Grenora 50, Power-Dutton-Brady 0
Shields Valley 59, Geraldine-Highwood 38
Wibaux 26, Denton-Geyser-Stanford 18
Jordan 51, North Star 6
White Sulphur Springs at Bridger, 7 p.m.
Big Sandy 51, Richey-Lambert 16
Roy-Winifred 38, Noxon 29

Nov. 9, second round

Westby-Grenora at Hot Springs
Wibaux at Shields Valley
White Sulphur Springs/Bridger winner at Jordan
Roy-Winifred at Big Sandy

2 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Jordan put up a 50 burger and they only have about 30 kids in the entire HS. Other 6-man teams are up to about 80 kids enrollment or co-ops of schools.

And they're all Murnions...

Also, that's wild West Yellowstone got upset...hilarious actually. That makes me smile. Also, Shields Valley could win the whole thing in 6-Man.

And I read about the Columbus game in the Gazette. Crazy game. Happy for you. In the other B action, odd to see Huntley Project go out with a whimper like that.

On 11/2/2019 at 7:24 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

6-Man state football playoffs

Nov. 2, first round 

Hot Springs 47, Harlowton-Ryegate 18
Westby-Grenora 50, Power-Dutton-Brady 0
Shields Valley 59, Geraldine-Highwood 38
Wibaux 26, Denton-Geyser-Stanford 18
Jordan 51, North Star 6
White Sulphur Springs at Bridger, 7 p.m.
Big Sandy 51, Richey-Lambert 16
Roy-Winifred 38, Noxon 29

Nov. 9, second round

Westby-Grenora at Hot Springs
Wibaux at Shields Valley
White Sulphur Springs/Bridger winner at Jordan
Roy-Winifred at Big Sandy

Hot Springs

Shields Valley

Jordan

Big Sandy

On 11/2/2019 at 7:22 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

Class C 8-Man:

Nov. 1-2, first round

Fairview 70, Choteau 8
Thompson Falls 55, Twin Bridges 20
Fort Benton 62, Culbertson 0
Park City 34, St. Ignatius 24
Alberton-Superior 58, Shelby 21
Belt 70, Scobey 34
Drummond-Philipsburg 46, West Yellowstone 40 (2OT)
Great Falls Central 41, Ekalaka 18

Nov. 9, second round

Thompson Falls at Fairview
Park City at Fort Benton
Belt at Alberton-Superior
Drummond-Philipsburg at Great Falls Central

Fairview

Ft. Benton

Alberton-Superior

Drummond-Phillipsburg

On 11/1/2019 at 3:28 PM, jdgaucho said:

@bsu_alum9 , just for kicks I looked up how far Eureka HS is to the Canadian border.  If I read it right, EHS is just 14 miles from British Colombia :o

Actually, Eureka is only 6 miles from the border gate.  The high school is a little further from the border as it is on the south end of town

In AA this week, the winners will be: Butte, West, Bozeman and Sentinel

A: Miles City, Dillon, Laurel and Central

B: Eureka, Manhattan, Red Lodge and Fairfield

8-Man: Fairview, Park City, Alberton/Superior, Drummond

6-Man: Shields Valley, Hot Springs, Big Sandy, Jordan

I read an embarrassingly long amount of time on this thread. I actually work shipping fertilizer to these smaller towns so it's cool to read about them. Even work with a company out of Shelby. Also, it all sounds like eastern Colorado. If you haven't seen 6 man football you should. Basketball type scores, center is eligible, bunch of farm kids fighting it out. Had to look it up, my longest trip was 223 miles so you guys all beat that by quite a bit. Alright back to being an adult now. 

Alright - state championship weekend is here.  Same weekend as the Brawl of the Wild!

FCS:

#3 Montana at #8 Montana State

Last season was essentially a playoff play-in game with Montana State getting the dramatic road win. This year, both teams are already in the playoffs with eight Division I wins. Now, these two bitter rivals are positioning for playoff seeds.

A Montana win has the Griz looking like a serious contender for a deep playoff run. A Montana State win puts the Big Sky seeding picture in a jumbled mess while setting the Bobcats up for a deep playoff run.

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-2019-stake-montana-montana-state-bzbz

6-Man Football:

Wibaux at Jordan (Garfield County High School)

This will be a rematch of last year's championship (Wibaux won 70-27) and is an inter-conference rivalry.  During the regular season - Jordan secured homefield advantage for the playoffs by beating Wibaux on the road, 47-41.  Garfield County has about 5,000 square miles of land and about 1,000 people.  Wibaux County is much more urban, with about 1000 people in just 900 square miles. :D Also, Joe - you weren't joking about the Murnions.  Are they related to the family from Golden Valley County that had 20+ kids.

8-Man Football:

Fairview vs. Alberton-Superior

The teams are meeting halfway in Billings at Rocky's field for the state championship, which is still a 5+ hour bus trip for both teams, which are bordering North Dakota and the Idaho Panhandle.

image.png.7ebf48c9400666afcf58cad3ad58e774.png

Class B Football:

Eureka at Manhattan 

Both teams are coming off of close wins (less than a touchdown) in the semifinals.

Class A Football:

Laurel at Miles City

Class AA Football:

Bozeman at Butte 

1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

This will be a rematch of last year's championship (Wibaux won 70-27) and is an inter-conference rivalry.  During the regular season - Jordan secured homefield advantage for the playoffs by beating Wibaux on the road, 47-41.  Garfield County has about 5,000 square miles of land and about 1,000 people.  Wibaux County is much more urban, with about 1000 people in just 900 square miles. :D Also, Joe - you weren't joking about the Murnions.  Are they related to the family from Golden Valley County that had 20+ kids.

Yes. They're cousins.

I only know that because my ranch is at the corner of Golden Valley, Stillwater, and Yellowstone and I've had my run-ins with them over the years. One of their relatives owns the ranch across the fence from mine but they're total assholes so I don't have a lot to do with them.

58 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Yes. They're cousins.

I only know that because my ranch is at the corner of Golden Valley, Stillwater, and Yellowstone and I've had my run-ins with them over the years. One of their relatives owns the ranch across the fence from mine but they're total assholes so I don't have a lot to do with them.

Same family? I had no idea. I've had dealings in that part of the world. We probably know some of the same people.