Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Nevada vs. New Mexico

To have any shot at bowling we have to win this game and UNLV.. Fresno might be doable if Henry plays. In fact UNLV will beat us without Henry. We might not even beat UNM without him. 

This isn’t just on Mommy. The lack of talent and execution on the OL and QB is on Norvell. Obviously he was desperate for talent at QB that he wasn’t able to recruit if he was willing to take a chance on Henry. 

kat.jpg

No worries Wolfpack fans, UNM is just going through the motions right now. We guys will win going away. This team will not fight while Davie is coach.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

35 minutes ago, slappy said:

Need practice.  Kids deserve it.  Coaches earned it.  You are a cry baby fan. 

What did the kids and coaches do to deserve it, exactly? A bowl game would be a participation trophy at this point. 

2 hours ago, slappy said:

Game of the week candidate

Given the opponent, Nevada would make itself a turd of the week candidate if it loses. Heck, UNR would probably have that honor wrapped up if it did.

Boom goes the dynamite.

1 hour ago, slappy said:

Need practice.  Kids deserve it.  Coaches earned it.  You are a cry baby fan. 

We're averaging 19ppg and our opponents are averaging 37ppg.

I'm typically a fan of the more bowls the better, because I like watching football and its fun for the teams. But we are a horrible team that lucked into a decent record.

15 hours ago, Lester_in_reno said:

I will probably be at the game. I already have a ticket.

Not big on the late start time ......

who will watch except for friends and family?

Students in attendance over/under: 45

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

58 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Let me know, I'll be watching from my couch.

Regardless of stated attendance, there won't be more than 7-8000 butts in seats. 

Late night games like this make it easier to get out of the parking garage.:thumbsup:

10 hours ago, Slapdad said:

What did the kids and coaches do to deserve it, exactly? A bowl game would be a participation trophy at this point. 

Unless you make the playoffs you are getting a participation ribbon.  Don’t kid yourself about that.  Not easy to be .500 for a bottom half MW team.  Those kids would deserve the ribbon.  You likely have some good seniors that deserve to go out with a bowl game. 

9 hours ago, bigd said:

We're averaging 19ppg and our opponents are averaging 37ppg.

I'm typically a fan of the more bowls the better, because I like watching football and its fun for the teams. But we are a horrible team that lucked into a decent record.

I don’t know about luck.  Reno doesn’t seem like a program that could turn down a bowl invite. 

25 minutes ago, slappy said:

Unless you make the playoffs you are getting a participation ribbon.  Don’t kid yourself about that.  Not easy to be .500 for a bottom half MW team.  Those kids would deserve the ribbon.  You likely have some good seniors that deserve to go out with a bowl game. 

There you go using “deserve” again. It’s a team sport and if you stink as a team, there shouldn’t be a bowl game even if there are seniors on the team. 

11 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

There you go using “deserve” again. It’s a team sport and if you stink as a team, there shouldn’t be a bowl game even if there are seniors on the team. 

If Nevada wins 6 games by definition it “deserves it.” Nevada didn’t set the bar that low. It was there for the taking!

2 hours ago, Slapdad said:

You are not making any sense here.  If they are bowl eligible they deserve it.  That is what being bowl eligible means by definition.  Pretty straight forward.  

15 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

If Nevada wins 6 games by definition it “deserves it.” Nevada didn’t set the bar that low. It was there for the taking!

Being eligible is not the definition of deserving. Being eligible for parole and being deserving of parole are two completely different things. Anybody who has watched this team and says they’re “deserving” is crazy.