Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JuwanHWolv

AAC is strong. Will 11 teams make them stronger???

10 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Based on your comments I don't think you know much about what you speak of.  More people live on UCF's main campus than the entire population of Laramie, Wyoming.  Compared to UCF, not even Orlando, Laramie is quite literally a one horse town.  Don't even get me started on your other drivel.  You just sound old and salty.

Orlando is a shithole. It's Bakersfield with theme parks.

UCF is a giant commuter school. I'm sure it sucks knowing your ceiling is being a novelty.

12 hours ago, UofMTigers said:

folks say the same thing about Aloha Stadium but they've hosted Pro Bowls, Bowl games, and Hawai'i football for 40+ years.

Aloha Stadium's been open for 40+ years, and if it's showing some signs of wear and tear, being next to an ocean and such...that makes sense. 

You're arguing apples and oranges. 

1 hour ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

UCF, usf do also.  And the water is actually warm, unlike in Cali

Ucf is a long ways from the ocean

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

1 hour ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Based on your comments I don't think you know much about what you speak of.  More people live on UCF's main campus than the entire population of Laramie, Wyoming.  Compared to UCF, not even Orlando, Laramie is quite literally a one horse town.  Don't even get me started on your other drivel.  You just sound old and salty.

UCF has less than 10,000 on campus beds (plus 3,000 'affliliated' beds) for a student population of 68K.  That's a commuter school.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 hour ago, MetropolitanCowboy said:

Orlando doesn't have a beach in it...lol

Now you're being disingenuous. 

NOW?

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

23 minutes ago, Tulsa Guy said:

75% of Wyoming U students live off campus (U.S. News and World Report). 

They aint commuting because, as WOOSH so elequently pointed out, Laramie is a one horse town.  Also, Wyoming has school housing off campus.  it's called lack of available space, not 'I'm living with/off of mommy and daddy'.  52K off campus vs 9K off campus.  They also guarantee admission to LOCAL JuCo grads.  Nothing inherently wrong with that.  The path of least resistance.  It is what it is.

Thanks for playing.

1 hour ago, RSF said:

They aint commuting because, as WOOSH so elequently pointed out, Laramie is a one horse town.  Also, Wyoming has school housing off campus.  it's called lack of available space, not 'I'm living with/off of mommy and daddy'.  52K off campus vs 9K off campus.  They also guarantee admission to LOCAL JuCo grads.  Nothing inherently wrong with that.  The path of least resistance.  It is what it is.

Thanks for playing.

Ditto for UCF.  The UCF campus is surrounded by apartment housing for UCF students.  Orlando has exploded with growth and UCF undoubtedly had a difficult time keeping up with on campus housing needs.

Given the high costs of college, students at commuter schools SDSU, SJSU, FSU, Boise, Wyoming, Hawaii, NMU, UNLV, and NV are fortunate to have housing options to help keep college costs down.  In addition, many of those students are also working to earn money to pay for school.  I agree with Memphis fan that it is a good thing. 

Given AAC attendance and success, I don't think this is an issue MWC fans can use to criticize AAC.

Its my pleasure!  And thank you for playing.

1 hour ago, RSF said:

They aint commuting because, as WOOSH so elequently pointed out, Laramie is a one horse town.  Also, Wyoming has school housing off campus.  it's called lack of available space, not 'I'm living with/off of mommy and daddy'.  52K off campus vs 9K off campus.  They also guarantee admission to LOCAL JuCo grads.  Nothing inherently wrong with that.  The path of least resistance. 

5 minutes ago, Tulsa Guy said:

Ditto for UCF.  The UCF campus is surrounded by apartment housing for UCF students.  Orlando has exploded with growth and undoubtedly had a difficult time keeping up with on campus housing needs.

Given the high costs of college, students at commuter schools SDSU, SJSU, FSU, Boise, Wyoming, Hawaii, NMU, UNLV, and NV are fortunate to have housing options to help keep college costs down.

Nevada also has some very nice off campus housing :ph34r:

image.jpeg.3d3bc42be8c7604034aafb99ccc03909.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Tulsa Guy said:

Ditto for UCF.  The UCF campus is surrounded by apartment housing for UCF students.  Orlando has exploded with growth and UCF undoubtedly had a difficult time keeping up with on campus housing needs.

Given the high costs of college, students at commuter schools SDSU, SJSU, FSU, Boise, Wyoming, Hawaii, NMU, UNLV, and NV are fortunate to have housing options to help keep college costs down.  In addition, many of those students are also working to earn money to pay for school.  I agree with Memphis fan that it is a good thing. 

Given AAC attendance and success, I don't think this is an issue MWC fans can use to criticize AAC.

Its my pleasure!  And thank you for playing.

I always thought Tulsa was a good school.  Academically, anyways.

How did you graduate from there?

Commuter schools are wonderful. They .allow grads from schools in small cities to find jobs and continue their education acquiring masters and PHDs. Many of them adopt the attitude: I wasn't born here but I got here as soon as I could.

Been expecting a response from Cougar High.....

35 minutes ago, MetropolitanCowboy said:

How is Hawaii a "commuter school"? lol

Some MWC fans have tried to establish the criterion that a large percentage of students living off campus makes that school a commuter school and therefore an inferior school.  And with the implication that campuses with a large off campus student population do not support sports.  77% of Hawaii U students live off campus.  I am just using the same criterion established by some MWC fans to criticize (flame) AAC schools.

When I was a student some time ago, Freshmen were required to live on campus.  That requirement has since been dropped by just about all colleges.  Many students prefer to live off campus....they still can participate in any on campus function/activity they choose to do so.

The line between "day" students and "night" students is also disappearing as many colleges have pushed many courses to late afternoon and early evening to cater to both types of students.  Then there are the many online courses.  Are students taking online courses resident or nonresident campus students?

The U of Washington has 46,081 students with only 8,250 students residing on campus.  Anyone here ready to argue that UW is not a good school and nonsupportive of Husky football?

41 minutes ago, Tulsa Guy said:

Some MWC fans have tried to establish the criterion that a large percentage of students living off campus makes that school a commuter school and therefore an inferior school.  And with the implication that campuses with a large off campus student population do not support sports.  77% of Hawaii U students live off campus.  I am just using the same criterion established by some MWC fans to criticize (flame) AAC schools.

When I was a student some time ago, Freshmen were required to live on campus.  That requirement has since been dropped by just about all colleges.  Many students prefer to live off campus....they still can participate in any on campus function/activity they choose to do so.

The line between "day" students and "night" students is also disappearing as many colleges have pushed many courses to late afternoon and early evening to cater to both types of students.  Then there are the many online courses.  Are students taking online courses resident or nonresident campus students?

The U of Washington has 46,081 students with only 8,250 students residing on campus.  Anyone here ready to argue that UW is not a good school and nonsupportive of Husky football?

Where is Hawaii U? Is it a new school that's located near the leper colony on Molokai? I've honesty never heard of it. 

49 minutes ago, Tulsa Guy said:

I am just using the same criterion established by some MWC fans to criticize (flame) AAC schools.

You're not, but that's never stopped you.