Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JuwanHWolv

AAC is strong. Will 11 teams make them stronger???

KO time has little to do with it.  CGD hosts from prime time games all the time.  Like this week.  And if you are playing a CGD caliber game, you wont be having a late KO.  Probably.

ESPN has shown that they really dont care who is televising.  They own a piece of every conference anyways.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 hour ago, RSF said:

Actually, the AAC has the better numbers this year and by a fair margin.  But it is far from a trend, and both conferences have taken turns being better than the other over the years.  Last yr, the MWC had the better overall numbers.  Neither had definitely established superiority between the two.  Which has been the point all along and one lost on the intrepid visitors frequenting this board.  And why their cries of P6 are so laughable and pathetic.

I don’t believe it. I’d like to see the numbers. The MWC is having it’s best OOC showing in many years. The parity within the conference is the best it’s been in years. Only UNM has shit the bed. 

5 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

I don’t believe it. I’d like to see the numbers. The MWC is having it’s best OOC showing in many years. The parity within the conference is the best it’s been in years. Only UNM has shit the bed. 

Check out the Massey Composite., and all of the 109 ratings/rankings that it uses.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

I wish the conference would drop two teams that have been historic boat anchors and weak sisters. I'm not calling out any teams, bit you know who you are.

Then the MW can play a nine game conference schedule, plus their CCG.  A nine game schedule makes ooc scheduling a lot easier.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

I don't know if the benefit of UConn leaving the AAC is going to be as advantageous as some peeps think. UConn leaving will basically ensure the other teams in the AAC will lose 7 or 8 conference games that they wouldn't have with UConn in the conference. Sometimes it's good to have a "gimmie" game in the coference, dropping UConn will make the conference schedule more of a grind for AAC teams.

5 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

I haven’t looked at the numbers, but the MWC is a slightly better FB conference this year from top to bottom. The AAC has a slightly stronger top 4, but our lower half is better than the AAC’s. Our typical lower end teams of the past like UNLV, SJSU, Hawaii, Wyoming, etc. all have P5 wins this year. We really don’t have any bad teams. 

If you looked at the numbers you wouldn’t have said anything in this post.

3 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Check almost every aac thread here, they each have something posted.  You won’t like it but at least you’ll be enlightened.

5 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

L.O.L.

Going back to the point of this thread... Anyone who studies analytics can see the AAC metrics this year are much superior for the 11 team configuration. I can see why AAC fans are excited.

Divisionless play will only enhance that. The fact that the AAC was so well compensated losing their worst sagarin team by far is definitely a fluke of realignment. I believe it was reported that Mike Aresco was trying to sway an uncooperative membership to give up divisions prior to that. That resistance was erased.

Surprisingly, Basketball isn’t so impacted either it seems. UConn hoops has been shown to be a coach-dependent program and more of a liability once their great coach retired. They were the 9th ranked AAC team last year. 

Not sure how theyll miss a team that is coming off 3 straight losing years. As I said, it’s more of an anomaly in modern realignment, where selections are usually based on performance. The UConn move was more of an Army-type move, combined with a conference that wanted to strengthen their claim to the old record book. 

AAC fans should be optimistic about this waiver. (Judging by the current seasons sagarin)

8 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Irony.

Joseph Abboud Charcoal Modern Fit Linen Shorts - Men's Pants | Men's Wearhouse

Comes back from the dead with his obsessive compulsive stupid shorts smack. Don’t be so lazy and come up with something new that’s actually funnny. 

Hey, why don’t you tell us more about CA again. You know, the state that isn’t influenced by Democrats. Fvcking classic from you. 

kat.jpg

49 minutes ago, JuwanHWolv said:

Going back to the point of this thread...

You had a point?

27 minutes ago, RSF said:

You had a point?

I don’t know you, but I’m a huge numbers guy.

The predominant discussion right now centering on scheduling, both for CFP access in football and 20 game scheduling in hoops, means that conferences will be judged from top-to-bottom.

it won’t pay to keep dregs around.

With 20 game schedules being publicly acknowledged as inevitable for the MWC, this thread is germane to this board.

43 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Who besides UConn in the AAC has won a national championship?

Cincinnati off the top of my head.

However, the Big O and Jim Calhoun aren’t at those schools. UConns value these last few years has been in putting other teams over. 

And there’s a lot to be said for that. Think about it.. If you’re building a basketball program, beating the champion in 2014 is certainly a carrot. The AAC got their mileage out of that.

That being said, the AAC wasn’t getting the Kansas or Kentucky type production you’d associate with a great program. That’s why Penny taking over Memphis and landing the #1 class was big for them. That’s the type of signature program they were in great need of. That’s not to say that Mike Aresco will still not whip out the conference’s copy of that 2014 trophy. They’ll still market that.

7 hours ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

I see no way SDSU will ever host College Game Day as long as it's a member of this conference for these reasons.

1. Being on the West Coast our KO times are never earlier than 4:00 in the East.

2. Generally being the second most desirable conference team to broadcast and ESPN being basically obligated to televise Boise games, most of the home games we have against quality opponents are on CBSSports.

3. I do think that if we hosted Boise deep into the schedule when both teams were undefeated, we might be chosen; however, because God has decreed that Rocky Long must have at least one WTF game per year, the chances of that are nil.

4.  Rocky Long refuses to modernize his offense thus lowering the ceiling for SDSU football.

4 hours ago, JuwanHWolv said:

Going back to the point of this thread... Anyone who studies analytics can see the AAC metrics this year are much superior for the 11 team configuration. I can see why AAC fans are excited.

Divisionless play will only enhance that. The fact that the AAC was so well compensated losing their worst sagarin team by far is definitely a fluke of realignment. I believe it was reported that Mike Aresco was trying to sway an uncooperative membership to give up divisions prior to that. That resistance was erased.

Surprisingly, Basketball isn’t so impacted either it seems. UConn hoops has been shown to be a coach-dependent program and more of a liability once their great coach retired. They were the 9th ranked AAC team last year. 

Not sure how theyll miss a team that is coming off 3 straight losing years. As I said, it’s more of an anomaly in modern realignment, where selections are usually based on performance. The UConn move was more of an Army-type move, combined with a conference that wanted to strengthen their claim to the old record book. 

AAC fans should be optimistic about this waiver. (Judging by the current seasons sagarin)

The AAC eats shit. Next....

kat.jpg

6 hours ago, Wyobraska said:

4.  Rocky Long refuses to modernize his offense thus lowering the ceiling for SDSU football.

Untrue.

It's the play caller who is to blame.  Time after Time SDSU is throwing it well, but they stubbornly go back to the run even though the O-line can't block worth crap.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

Guest #1Stunner
7 hours ago, JuwanHWolv said:

Cincinnati off the top of my head.

However, the Big O and Jim Calhoun aren’t at those schools. UConns value these last few years has been in putting other teams over. 

And there’s a lot to be said for that. Think about it.. If you’re building a basketball program, beating the champion in 2014 is certainly a carrot. The AAC got their mileage out of that.

That being said, the AAC wasn’t getting the Kansas or Kentucky type production you’d associate with a great program. That’s why Penny taking over Memphis and landing the #1 class was big for them. That’s the type of signature program they were in great need of. That’s not to say that Mike Aresco will still not whip out the conference’s copy of that 2014 trophy. They’ll still market that.

Sorry.  But UConn was the only nationally elite program the AAC had.  UConn is the only school the Big East was ever interested in adding.

It's funny watching you pretend that UConn isn't a huge loss.