Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Major Props To Obama For Asking Dems on the Left To Mellow Out

4 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

This whole thing about left winger purity, no compromise on anything with the GOP, take no prisoners attitude, etc. has him irked, and he called them out and told them to get over it really quick. 

The response to that hasn’t been good, but good for him for at least trying. 

They won’t moderate and Trump is gonna clobber Pocahontas in the gen election. 

He's a +++++ing loser. Supporting him for some statement like this is like the Dems supporting the Spooks when they say something mean about Orange Man.

No thanks.

that said, Trump will win re-election.

1 hour ago, bornontheblue said:

They won’t moderate and Trump is gonna clobber Pocahontas in the gen election. 

20 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

He's a +++++ing loser. Supporting him for some statement like this is like the Dems supporting the Spooks when they say something mean about Orange Man.

No thanks.

that said, Trump will win re-election.

She has no chance despite leading Trump in national polls and many battleground state polls including Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, etc? 

What is it about you Trumpers (or apparent closeted Trumpers anyway) that think the dem candidate has no chance unless he/she appeals to you?  I find this sentiment around here wild AF.  

Is it because you fancy yourselves as heartland moderates and you think she cannot win without convincing you?  Or are you guys just super narcissistic or myopic or something and are not capable of imagining anyone else's perspective?  Enquiring minds want to know. Let me have it.

1 hour ago, toonkee said:

She has no chance despite leading Trump in national polls and many battleground state polls including Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, etc? 

What is it about you Trumpers (or apparent closeted Trumpers anyway) that think the dem candidate has no chance unless he/she appeals to you?  I find this sentiment around here wild AF.  

Is it because you fancy yourselves as heartland moderates and you think she cannot win without convincing you?  Or are you guys just super narcissistic or myopic or something and are not capable of imagining anyone else's perspective?  Enquiring minds want to know. Let me have it.

Polls had Clinton beating Trump also. Her wacko agenda is reason enough to know she won’t be elected. Plus, she is as likable as Hillary. We all know you hate Trump, but Warren isn’t the one that can beat him. If you are pinning your hopes on Pocahontas you will be crying with Rachael Maddow on election night. 

4 hours ago, toonkee said:

Oh please, it doesn’t take too much analysis to know that most of the voting population in the US are in the traditional middle either a tad right or left. It’s also not hard to see that Poco and Bernie are pretty far left with their politics, and won’t have anything in common with moderates. Hell, a huge chunk of the Party voters are moderate. And that’s why so many leaders in the Dem Party are so concerned about having a far left candidate in the general election. That’s political suicide. 

It doesn’t have anything to do with disliking Poco and Colonel Sanders. 

kat.jpg

9 hours ago, toonkee said:

INQURING...  The right word is INQURING!

giphy.gif

v0icAvfW.jpg

10 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

I'll bet you 1000 bucks Liz Warren isn't the president, post-2020 election if you're so inclined .

No thanks. That's an insane bet, especially one year out when anything can and will happen. I understand you are certain, but I'm asking where you get your certainty from. 

10 hours ago, toonkee said:

Pocahontas won’t win vs Trump because voters in Dubuque, Sheboygan, Western Pennsylvania, Michigan  outside of Detroit, and many other places don’t want to have their taxes doubled, their private insurance taken away, taxes into becoming vegetarians, ha big fracking banned so we are dependent on  Mid eastern oil again.  

she will easily win Boston, New York and San Francisco if that makes you feel better. 

13 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Lol. You’re talking about the guy that said elections have consequences and never compromised on anything. 

Elections do have consequences, but aren't you forgetting that he's the guy who asked Republicans to the table for the ACA and only rammed it through when they decided that total abstinence from it was the best short term political plan? Aren't you forgetting that he's the guy who negotiated with a Republican house to create the sequester, the single greatest budget balancing policy we've had since probably Eisenhower? Aren't you also forgetting that he's the guy who, when he had a supreme court vacancy and the other party in the Senate, literally nominated the other party's example for who would be an acceptable moderate that he'd "never go for"? (these are rhetorical questions. You are forgetting these things). 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

10 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Elections do have consequences, but aren't you forgetting that he's the guy who asked Republicans to the table for the ACA and only rammed it through when they decided that total abstinence from it was the best short term political plan? Aren't you forgetting that he's the guy who negotiated with a Republican house to create the sequester, the single greatest budget balancing policy we've had since probably Eisenhower? Aren't you also forgetting that he's the guy who, when he had a supreme court vacancy and the other party in the Senate, literally nominated the other party's example for who would be an acceptable moderate that he'd "never go for"? (these are rhetorical questions. You are forgetting these things). 

I don't think he's forgetting them. Intentionally ignoring to try to make a point would be more accurate. 

17 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

This whole thing about left winger purity, no compromise on anything with the GOP, take no prisoners attitude, etc. has him irked, and he called them out and told them to get over it really quick. 

The response to that hasn’t been good, but good for him for at least trying. 

Totally agree with Obama here. 

Who is the Obama for the Right telling Republicans to avoid right wing purity, no compromise on anything with Democrats, going all in on every easily verifiable lie coming out of Trump's mouth, pointing out how unfit for office Trump is, what a danger to the Republic he is? Oh, that's right, there are tons of them! But the Trumpkins dismiss them as "Never Trumpers".

10 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Polls had Clinton beating Trump also. Her wacko agenda is reason enough to know she won’t be elected. Plus, she is as likable as Hillary. We all know you hate Trump, but Warren isn’t the one that can beat him. If you are pinning your hopes on Pocahontas you will be crying with Rachael Maddow on election night. 

One point for myopic narcissism.

6 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Oh please, it doesn’t take too much analysis to know that most of the voting population in the US are in the traditional middle either a tad right or left. It’s also not hard to see that Poco and Bernie are pretty far left with their politics, and won’t have anything in common with moderates. Hell, a huge chunk of the Party voters are moderate. And that’s why so many leaders in the Dem Party are so concerned about having a far left candidate in the general election. That’s political suicide. 

It doesn’t have anything to do with disliking Poco and Colonel Sanders. 

1 point for myopic narcissism and 1 point for "I'm a moderate that has their finger on the pulse of the heartland".  But you're not a moderate, you are a cultist (actually you're not, you just play one on the internet).

51 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

Pocahontas won’t win vs Trump because voters in Dubuque, Sheboygan, Western Pennsylvania, Michigan  outside of Detroit, and many other places don’t want to have their taxes doubled, their private insurance taken away, taxes into becoming vegetarians, ha big fracking banned so we are dependent on  Mid eastern oil again.  

she will easily win Boston, New York and San Francisco if that makes you feel better. 

I give you credit for saying her policies won't play, that's quite possible, but take away half a point for bringing my feelings into it.

By the way guys, moderates don't call Warren, Pocahontas, or Bernie, Col. Sanders.  That's what weirdos do.

9 minutes ago, toonkee said:

By the way guys, moderates don't call Warren, Pocahontas, or Bernie, Col. Sanders.  That's what weirdos do.

I will take the weirdo label fine. I think calling her  Pocahantas is hilarious. 

I am not a moderate, never have claimed to be. If the Democrats are going to go after the typical rural, suburban Midwestern swing state voter they have to moderate. Their crazy circus show is making Trump look like the sane one. 

Trump will crush Pocahontas, and Bernie too for that matter.