Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

battle.borne

Rep. Hill exposed by The Daily Mail

1 hour ago, Joe from WY said:

If a 40-year-old married male congressional member got exposed for sleeping with multiple 20-somethings on his staff (who were getting paid taxpayer dollars for their time) and there were pictures of him naked doing drugs and rubbing himself against and making out with said staffers, do you think he’d still be a congressional member or nah? I don’t know if this is woman or democrat privilege, but there is definitely some privilege at work. John Edwards could not be reached for comment.

Are you saying the younger woman, who one assumes was covered by the FLSA, was having sex with Hill while on duty? If so, yeah, that's a problem. However, what evidence is there of that? As to Edwards, Donald Trump makes apparent that things have changed considerably over the last decade.

Also, that Pelosi doesn't appear to be mentoring Hill anymore suggests things haven't changed completely and that Hill's gender isn't shielding her from scrutiny.

Boom goes the dynamite.

9 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Phuck that. Only if you let it be.

I see what you're doing there.

The world is what you make of it.

Still, I see a guy with two lightning bolts or iron cross or confederate flags, I'm not stopping to ask for directions.

44 minutes ago, Rocket said:

Still, I see a guy with two lightning bolts or iron cross or confederate flags, I'm not stopping to ask for directions.

I'm not either. He'll probably get you lost as he has shown to make bed decisions.

8 minutes ago, rudolro said:

I'm not either. He'll probably get you lost as he has shown to make bed decisions.

That plus you'll probably end up at some chop shop in the middle of the desert fighting for your survival now like on breakdown.

2 minutes ago, MetropolitanCowboy said:

Indie.png

I don't know about anyone else, but I used to buy Independent Trucks for my skateboards...at the time, they were the best that money could buy. 

Still are. Great Santa Cruz company. Pretty sure they still make the trucks in SF.

1 hour ago, Rocket said:

Yea...

I realize it may be co opted into some mass production but you and I know damn well what it means.

I get where you’re coming from, but in this case you need to look at the context it’s being used in. The skater crowd has taken it back and used it in a good way. I’ve found that not looking for stuff to piss you off tends to make for a happier life. I’m not saying we should just ignore blatant displays of racism, we should definitely call them out when they happen. But arbitrarily assigning a tag of racist to a symbol no matter the context has a way of killing the conversation without resolving anything.

Is it supposed to mean something that were made in Spanish named cities?

from wikiped

The logo for the trucks was based on the Iron Cross according to the author, Jim Phillips. It has remained the Independent logo since the company's inception.

Jim Phillips says in his 2007 book "The Art of Jim Phillips":

"...I began toying with the iron, or Maltese cross which was long dead as the old 60s surfer's cross, and even longer dead as the biker's cross. I used a beam compass to make it into a round shape, which looked completely different than the old square iron crosses... I took my idea into the NHS office the next morning and it went on the wall as usual. Jay and Rich each stared at it for a while, and they both thought that it looked a little too "Nazi".

2 minutes ago, Uncle Juan said:

I get where you’re coming from, but in this case you need to look at the context it’s being used in. The skater crowd has taken it back and used it in a good way. I’ve found that not looking for stuff to piss you off tends to make for a happier life. I’m not saying we should just ignore blatant displays of racism, we should definitely call them out when they happen. But arbitrarily assigning a tag of racist to a symbol no matter the context has a way of killing the conversation without resolving anything.

Ok Aunt Lilly

1 minute ago, Rocket said:

Ok Aunt Lilly

Do you look at a toga and think "Jewish holocaust"?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 hours ago, Rocket said:

Ok Aunt Lilly

Really dude? I came to the conversation with you in good faith thinking that maybe you and I could bury the hatchet. Well I guess I was wrong. I won’t make that mistake again. Game on.

7 minutes ago, Rocket said:

from wikiped

The logo for the trucks was based on the Iron Cross according to the author, Jim Phillips. It has remained the Independent logo since the company's inception.

"...I began toying with the iron, or Maltese cross which was long dead as the old 60s surfer's cross, and even longer dead as the biker's cross. I used a beam compass to make it into a round shape, which looked completely different than the old square iron crosses... I took my idea into the NHS office the next morning and it went on the wall as usual. Jay and Rich each stared at it for a while, and they both thought that it looked a little too "Nazi".

No. It's interesting they make them in SF as it's the only truck foundry in the US. Also, you left out the last part of the entry.

My sketches were rejected and I was sent back to the drawing board. I went back to my studio determined to use it, knowing it was the one. I searched my archives and scrap file for some justification for using the symbol. I found a firefighter's logo, symbols on the knights and Columbus sails. Then in my scrap file, under the letter P, I found a Time magazine cover of Pope John Paul from the June 18,1979 edition. It was amazing; there was a cross on his vestments almost the way I designed mine. I marched into the office the next morning with the magazine to show what I thought was proof of acceptability. They both looked at each other and said, 'Well, if the Pope has it, it must be okay!' That was that, and the Independent cross was born."

3 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

No. It's interesting they make them in SF as it's the only truck foundry in the US. Also, you left out the last part of the entry.

He left it out because it destroyed his narrative. 

1 hour ago, Rocket said:

Would you be frightened by Rep. Hill since she's obviously a NAZI!:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Rocket said:

from wikiped

9ED9BD9A-387B-42C8-AA90-E9A8FA94EDA8.jpeg

12 hours ago, mugtang said:

Sure but she wasn’t elected to the House until 2018 and didn’t start serving until 2019.   The relationship with the campaign staffer started in 2017.  It doesn’t say that the campaign staffer worked for her in the House.  And the House rules say you can’t engage in an inappropriate relationship with an employee of the House.  I do agree if it was a man who did it to a younger woman on his campaign it would probably be bigger news.  But this really is a nothingburger.  

She illegally manipulated a subordinate/employee to perform sexual favors. Using workplace power to elicit sex is abuse. It's like a female teacher justifying having sex with her 18 year old students. 

Then you factor in she's using public funds to pay said subordinate...yeah, she should 100% be forced to resign. She's no better than Matt Lauer. 

If Katie Hill was a man his life/career/ would be 100% be ruined. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

17 hours ago, Rebelbacker said:

If this was a male GOP congressman in an affair with his 24 year old staffer(which is against the rules in the House BTW) I think there would be quite a different reaction. Double standard. 

I see hypothetical rage is in now 

I too like to get whipped up in a fury by my own imaginations of what would happen if things were unjust in situations I've imagined or are tangentially related

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

46 minutes ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

I see hypothetical rage is in now 

I too like to get whipped up in a fury by my own imaginations of what would happen if things were unjust in situations I've imagined or are tangentially related

Faux rage and nonsense, that's all they are. They would vote for a Russian over their own country, is there anything else we need to know about the character of these twats?