Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rosegreen

Predict Sanchez’s last game to coach UNLV...

Predict Sanchez’s last game he coaches.   

68 members have voted

1. 1. Last game the HS coaches against will be?

• SDSU
    • CSU
    • Hawaii
    • San Jose State
    • Nevada - Reno JR High

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/2019 at 05:43 AM

15 hours ago, westfan said:

This thread has been all over the place, I have a serious question as much as it's possible.:whistle: If nevada southern beats the Wolf Pack and keeps the cannon, does he keep his HC job?:shrug:

No. Bowl or bust.

1 hour ago, Joe from WY said:

UNLV should go after McElwain. They have to be able to pay more than whatever Directional Michigan is paying him.

Unlv won’t pay his buyout. Maybe Kiffin, he’s not doing so hot and could look to bail. 

Ultimately it probably goes to Jim Mora jr. DRF probably sees how well ASU is doing with Herm. I think ASU’s defensive coordinator would be a candidate as well. 

1 minute ago, Rosegreen said:

Unlv won’t pay his buyout. Maybe Kiffin, he’s not doing so hot and could look to bail. 

Ultimately it probably goes to Jim Mora jr. DRF probably sees how well ASU is doing with Herm. I think ASU’s defensive coordinator would be a candidate as well. 

Marcel Yates is available now after getting fired by UA last night. That's a possibility.

4 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

UNLV should go after McElwain. They have to be able to pay more than whatever Directional Michigan is paying him.

He is at Central Michigan. He won't have to worry about death threats from our fan base. Old yellow teeth doesn't seem like he would fit in Vegas.

Just now, rebelcuff said:

He is at Central Michigan. He won't have to worry about death threats from our fan base. Old yellow teeth doesn't seem like he would fit in Vegas.

You're probably right. I'm thinking the guy who coaches Miami Norland or IMG Academy is more your speed.

Hire Hunkie Coper as head coach i bet he can recruit like crazy and the team will be tough as hell

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

43 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

Officially ineligible to go bowling now. Statement from DRF last season:

EIZR5ndWwAEIi02?format=png&name=900x900

Her statement was pretty clear, bowl or be gone.   5 years was a fair amount of time to see if Tony was the right guy.  Time to move in another direction.  Cant wait to see some of the candidates.

4 minutes ago, RebelTexan said:

Time to move in another direction.  Cant wait to see some of the candidates.

Based on the way the coaching search was conducted for basketball last spring, I wouldn't expect to hear much about who the "candidates" are.

There will be speculation, but until there is an introductory press conference scheduled most of what we hear will just be speculation.

1 hour ago, BleedRebelRed said:

Based on the way the coaching search was conducted for basketball last spring, I wouldn't expect to hear much about who the "candidates" are.

There will be speculation, but until there is an introductory press conference scheduled most of what we hear will just be speculation.

I don’t know of a school that announces their candidates for the hc position are anyway, but UNLV would need to move quickly and not waste anytime on getting a staff together so they can retain the players currently on the roster and recruit. 

Hauck got a very late start on recruiting by being officially hired at the end of December.  Sanchez was hired on December 8th. Sanford on December 6th. 

Due to the recruiting calendars and rules, DRF can’t wait around until December to hire a coach. DRF needs to hire someone and have a staff in place by the end of November. 

The recruiting calendar says that December 1st through 14th you can have contacts with the recruits and make pitches. Then on the 16th it’s a dead period. Only giving your coaches a week to make contact with their recruits is not a good way to start off. 

Secondly, UNLV needs to hire a proven coach that can cobble together a decent staff that can develop players. We don’t have that right now. The development has been atrocious under Sanchez. 

This program has a history of suck and isn’t in position to hire an up and comer. DRF was able to hire someone like TJO for the basketball program because it’s an established program. Unlv football is not established at all. Someone in the mold of Jim Mora Jr would bring some credibility to the program that has zero right now. 

4 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

I don’t know of a school that announces their candidates for the hc position are anyway, but UNLV would need to move quickly and not waste anytime on getting a staff together so they can retain the players currently on the roster and recruit. 

Hauck got a very late start on recruiting by being officially hired at the end of December.  Sanchez was hired on December 8th. Sanford on December 6th. 

Due to the recruiting calendars and rules, DRF can’t wait around until December to hire a coach. DRF needs to hire someone and have a staff in place by the end of November. 

The recruiting calendar says that December 1st through 14th you can have contacts with the recruits and make pitches. Then on the 16th it’s a dead period. Only giving your coaches a week to make contact with their recruits is not a good way to start off. 

Secondly, UNLV needs to hire a proven coach that can cobble together a decent staff that can develop players. We don’t have that right now. The development has been atrocious under Sanchez. 

This program has a history of suck and isn’t in position to hire an up and comer. DRF was able to hire someone like TJO for the basketball program because it’s an established program. Unlv football is not established at all. Someone in the mold of Jim Mora Jr would bring some credibility to the program that has zero right now. 

Can't argue with this thinking :thumbsup: