Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DCPoke

Nevada at Wyoming

Getting the play call in with 10 seconds left on the play clock is inexcusable.  Another recurring theme.

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg

That sums up our afternoon right there.  I’m done with this bullshit. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, nashvillepoke said:

Holy crap,  how do you try to field that punt

Because why not :shrug:

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, bornsilverandblue said:

I would argue the only offensive coaches that should be back next year for Nevada are Chang and Taua. I don’t think we need much change on the defensive side.  We just need players who can d up in the back 5.

And no, I didn’t forget to mention McClure here.  He’ll be back, but I don’t feel he should be.

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

Atta boy X.  

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

Just now, NorthWestCowboy said:

I felt confident about a Cowboy win today but didn't think it would be this dominating of a win.  Gotta love the passing game pulling it's weight today.

As mugtang said…it’s us.  The only passing attack we haven’t let eviscerate us was Utah St., and we couldn’t score on them anyway.

Good win by the Pokes, now a week to get ready and prep for Boise and their smurf turf.  After their stunt against the exiled ones they cannot be allowed to win the MW this year.  Two weeks Wyoming must step up.  It is for the good of the conference.

To make Nevada fans feel a little better we got 30mph gusts and about 4 inches of snow on the ground where I am at, so you got that going for you.

1 minute ago, bornsilverandblue said:

As mugtang said…it’s us.  The only passing attack we haven’t let eviscerate us was Utah St., and we couldn’t score on them anyway.

Fair enough but the Cowboys were ranked #127 in all of FBS in passing offense coming into this game.  Even though it's a baby step, it's a step forward.

4 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Fair enough but the Cowboys were ranked #127 in all of FBS in passing offense coming into this game.  Even though it's a baby step, it's a step forward.

Right, the thing is Pack defense or not earlier in the season against Tulsa, Idaho, Texas State Chambers wasn't connecting or Receivers weren't catching.  For them to improve on completing plays was good to see.

2 hours ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

I felt confident about a Cowboy win today but didn't think it would be this dominating of a win.  Gotta love the passing game pulling it's weight today.  Passing = 221 yards, Rushing 258 yards.

Reno is not very good.  You just don’t want injuries when you play them.  

Mountain championship starts next.  Here we go. 

Nice win by the Pokes.  I watched game on dvr about 2 hours after it started.  Game seemed over at 10 min in 3rd qtr.  Pokes should have had 2 more touchdowns though.  
I was kind of concerned about this game but Pokes stepped up big time.   Nevada got a tough start and probably a couple of bad calls but didn't show anything in this game.  Idaho and NM played Pokes a lot tougher.  Nevada can still get 6 wins this year though.   

Really hoping Chambers injuries are just sprains and comes back strong in 2 weeks.  He made some nice throws in this game and keeps that offense going.  I didn't like keeping Valladay in thru the 4th qtr, can't afford any more injuries but he is a very tough runner.