Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornsilverandblue

Fire Mumme

56 minutes ago, westfan said:

To be fair, with the Nevada budget you may have to roll the dice on a coaching hire. Sometimes you roll a seven, sometimes you crap out.

We've basically struck out every time we've hired a coach not named Ault. At this point, maybe we're just a difficult place to win.

Thank god for basketball.

10 hours ago, bigd said:

We've basically struck out every time we've hired a coach not named Ault. At this point, maybe we're just a difficult place to win.

Thank god for basketball.

When I was posting about rolling the dice I was referring to Mumme. I still believe Knuth may have made the right HC choice, as far as Norvell's OC hire not so much.

5 hours ago, westfan said:

When I was posting about rolling the dice I was referring to Mumme. I still believe Knuth may have made the right HC choice, as far as Norvell's OC hire not so much.

It’s worth pointing out that most of the system is working well.  The offense just keeps falling into quicksand.

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg

On 10/21/2019 at 3:44 PM, Nevada Convert said:

Mumme came from a DII program, right? So his dad is known for some things, but who cares. This guy has never even proved himself at a D1 FCS school. What business did he have jumping to FBS. Very strange. I know he was cheap, but we could still get someone much better for the same money. 

D-III LaGrange College 2013-2016, which went 5-5 (5-3),  5-5 (3-5), 2-7 (2-4), 3-7 (1-6) under him.

Looking at his years there statistically, there are a few familiar patterns that emerge: they could pass the ball well (over 3500 yards a couple of years), didn’t run a ton and when they did, they couldn’t move the ball (60-70 percent of plays were passing attempts, and averaged 2.5 to 3.7 yards per carry), 2 of the teams gave up a lot of sacks, and they couldn’t stop the other team.  At least one year, they got beaten in the 2nd quarter and tried a lot of furious 4th quarter comebacks.

Source: each involved season on the LaGrange football site.

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

12 hours ago, bornsilverandblue said:

It’s worth pointing out that most of the system is working well.  The offense just keeps falling into quicksand.

Nevada has it's share of injuries, I'm not making an excuse for Mumme, as a OC you are either going to run or pass the ball and if possible have the players on the field that can run the offense with out getting a penalty or they end up punting again after another three and out!! . I dislike  his play selections in many crucial  situations, but if the players are not executing maybe you end up looking like Mumme. Regardless I just don't have any confidence in him as a OC.

13 hours ago, westfan said:

Nevada has it's share of injuries, I'm not making an excuse for Mumme, as a OC you are either going to run or pass the ball and if possible have the players on the field that can run the offense with out getting a penalty or they end up punting again after another three and out!! . I dislike  his play selections in many crucial  situations, but if the players are not executing maybe you end up looking like Mumme. Regardless I just don't have any confidence in him as a OC.

I am in complete agreement.

I try to support the Nevada coaching staff considering the O line is not performing making it tough on play calling, I still want Mumme gone.For whatever reason I believe he's not the right fit for Norvell and the Nevada offense.  If Norvell doesn't make a change it could cost him his job at contract time. FYI, I like Norvell, I think he made the wrong hire for an OC.:lalalala:

5 hours ago, westfan said:

I try to support the Nevada coaching staff considering the O line is not performing making it tough on play calling, I still want Mumme gone.For whatever reason I believe he's not the right fit for Norvell and the Nevada offense.  If Norvell doesn't make a change it could cost him his job at contract time. FYI, I like Norvell, I think he made the wrong hire for an OC.:lalalala:

Again, complete agreement.  Were I in coaching, I would love to join his staff.  It’s just certain coaches below him that need to go.

Edit: to be clear, I’m not a fan of all of his game day decisions.  However, the character traits he seems to espouse (honor, honesty, integrity, etc.) really speak to me.

On 10/26/2019 at 10:06 PM, bornsilverandblue said:

Again, complete agreement.  Were I in coaching, I would love to join his staff.  It’s just certain coaches below him that need to go.

Edit: to be clear, I’m not a fan of all of his game day decisions.  However, the character traits he seems to espouse (honor, honesty, integrity, etc.) really speak to me.

Bump

On 10/22/2019 at 6:15 PM, westfan said:

What about another Mumy? (Billy Mumy.)

"Danger, Will Robinson! Danger!" (Yeah, you have to be really old now to get it. Seemed like a great show when I was about 5.)

th?id=OIP.RiMHxSseuhwfHd0tOPsONwHaIy&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

Boom goes the dynamite.

On 10/31/2019 at 7:20 PM, Nevada Convert said:

Because it needs one. 

Saved me the trouble of bumping it again:lalalala: I left the game at half time last night because I was too dumb to dress properly for a little cold night weather and got home in time to watch the end of the third quarter. Nevada was doing so badly on offense that the announcers were confused about what happened to the Nevada offense.At one point in the fourth quarter they actually suggested the OC  was playing rope a dope once Nevada started to move the ball. Bottom line, yes Nevada won against a marginal NM squad IMO, Mumme is just not the right fit  at Nevada.

Nevada lacks discipline. Odd, never thought I would say that (at least post the Hot Dog King).

This week we will play like Sh.. as we are coming off a BYE (typically do). Besides, we are due to lose 2 we shouldn't lose (EEEEEUWWWWWTah State flat beat us-doesn't count).

On 10/26/2019 at 9:54 PM, Dj_John69 said:

Air Raid my ass!!!! Fire the dude right now and end the misery.

He'd probably be happy to get out.  Mumme gets all the blame but you can believe Norvell has his fingers all over this disaster.  Mumme comes from the Air Raid, does this look like the Air Raid?  Norvell's got the headset on, covering his mouth & giving play instructions to be signaled in.  He was an OC 1 time & never got it out of his system.  It might cost us the game but by golly he is going continue to run against a brick wall.  Again & again. 

28 minutes ago, westfan said:

Saved me the trouble of bumping it again:lalalala: I left the game at half time last night because I was too dumb to dress properly for a little cold night weather and got home in time to watch the end of the third quarter. Nevada was doing so badly on offense that the announcers were confused about what happened to the Nevada offense.At one point in the fourth quarter they actually suggested the OC  was playing rope a dope once Nevada started to move the ball. Bottom line, yes Nevada won against a marginal NM squad IMO, Mumme is just not the right fit  at Nevada.

UNM isn’t even really marginal. I think they’re definitely the worst team in the MWC. UNLV can actually show signs of great play at times, so they’re not nearly as bad as UNM. 

We would actually be a pretty good team if we had a good QB, had an average traditional Union OL and just had an OC that knew WTF he was doing. This team reminds me of a Polian coached team on offense that are struggling because of bad coaches. What’s his name, the guy from Buffalo and other small schools that never had any success and was fired for losing all the time....they bring this guy in to mentor Po-Po. You can’t make shit up like that!!!!

kat.jpg