Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wyobraska

New Mexico @ Wyoming

1 hour ago, OrediggerPoke said:

I doubt both Chambers and Valladay run for 100 yards.  I hope I am wrong but I don't see that happening unless we pose a real passing threat missing Abojei and Harris.

Wyoming hasn't posed a real passing threat all season, yet has run the ball pretty damn well!  Reminder, in both games Wyoming has lost, UW held a lead in the 4th quarter, and in the Tulsa loss Chambers fumbled on the 2 yard line.  Its easy to say, "Wyoming would be better if it could pass the ball" but we don't know that.  More passing attempts could also lead to more turnovers.  Harris will most likely play, as he has started practicing again. 

14 hours ago, woo pig sooie said:

WYO barely beat Idaho. So Idaho must be "good" too?

Happens, nobody on this board knows more about playing badly better than your squad.

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 19TH |1 P.M. |AT&T SPORTSNET |LARAMIE, WYO.

A 1pm kickoff, cloudy, high of 48, with winds 15-20mph. Conditions might be more conducive for a running game, which is good news for UNM... a break for our secondary anyway. Pure passing teams will torch our secondary with ease!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

1 hour ago, LoboMan59 said:

A 1pm kickoff, cloudy, high of 48, with winds 15-20mph. Conditions might be more conducive for a running game, which is good news for UNM... a break for our secondary anyway. Pure passing teams will torch our secondary with ease!

That is not a break for UNM at all.  Wyoming can't pass the ball (3rd worst in the FBS in passing offense) and can't defend the pass (5th worst in FBS in passing yards allowed...plus it lost both of its 4 year starting safeties to the NFL).  Wyoming's run defense (10th best in FBS in YPG and 8th best in FBS in yards per rush)  has been as good as it has ever been since I've been following the Poke back to 1996. 

The windier the game this is the better for the Pokes.  Sorry to break the news to you.

1 hour ago, LoboMan59 said:

Here is a stat that I didn't think I would ever see...Air Force at 127.8 passing yards per game and 11.80 yards per attempt appears to be a much better passing team than Wyoming at 115.3 yards per game and 6.65 yards per attempt.  Air Force has 5 passing touchdowns on the season and Wyoming has 4.

34 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

That is not a break for UNM at all.  Wyoming can't pass the ball (3rd worst in the FBS in passing offense) and can't defend the pass (5th worst in FBS in passing yards allowed...plus it lost both of its 4 year starting safeties to the NFL).  Wyoming's run defense (10th best in FBS in YPG and 8th best in FBS in yards per rush)  has been as good as it has ever been since I've been following the Poke back to 1996. 

The windier the game this is the better for the Pokes.  Sorry to break the news to you.

Oh, you’re not breaking any news to me at all. I don’t think UNM will win again this year, and I’m thinking that the Pokes will easily cover the spread. 
im just hoping that the remaining teams on the schedule, hang enough points on the Lobos, that the AD will have to fire Davie. We need a new coaching staff, and we’re depending on you guys to get us that!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

2 hours ago, OrediggerPoke said:

UNM is great at solving other teams passing woes. We are dead last in pass defense and by far worst in the nation at giving up plays of 20 or more yards.  As for passing offense Lobos can't even decide who is going to QB. Our main starter didn't even want to get in the game last week.

As for our strengths, if you want to call them that, it is running the ball behind our OL and defending the run. So maybe we will have a game on our hands or you'll blow us out. I don't expect a Lobo win, I would just like to see some fight from our players.

3 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

Oh, you’re not breaking any news to me at all. I don’t think UNM will win again this year, and I’m thinking that the Pokes will easily cover the spread. 
im just hoping that the remaining teams on the schedule, hang enough points on the Lobos, that the AD will have to fire Davie. We need a new coaching staff, and we’re depending on you guys to get us that!

we will be there next week.mahalo.

2 hours ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

Wyoming currently 19 point favorites heading into the game tomorrow. Can’t remember the last time I’ve seen that! 

If I wasn't a Poke fan I think I would take NM and the points.  19 is a lot for this offense, especially with the injuries

38 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

If I wasn't a Poke fan I think I would take NM and the points.  19 is a lot for this offense, especially with the injuries

1 scholly RB (well, 2 counting Chambers), no Abojei, and a 35% pass game.  Yeah, I'd take NM and the points.

Hope Coop is out of his head...  assuming we can get past mid field he may be getting called upon a lot the next few games.

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."