Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Broncomare

The AAC thinks it deserves a guaranteed NY6 Bowl

Those stupid losers!!  LOLOL!!!

giphy.gif

I'd bet Hawaii would seat UCF's lunch money...

Glad we pushed back Cincy; we don't really need to play those turds. 

I just wish we could lure SMU and Houston...

New-Signature.jpg

I do think MWC was in the hunt for BCS status at that time and had a strong case.  But the defections killed MWC's chances.

Regarding Aresco and his P6 goal, he is a tireless and energetic spokesman for AAC.  Love it or hate it, he has put AAC in the public eye.  Sometimes it works as this Baltimore Sun article attests. I should state that both the Washington Post and the Baltimore Sun consider Navy as their own on par with the Maryland Terps.  So, yes, there is a bias here.

FROM BALTIMORE SUN

"P6" has become a branding term for the AAC, but it has never rang more true than it has this season.  The conference has two teams in the Top 25, and there's a case to be made for more.  Six teams have one loss or fewer.  Number 21 Cincinnati (5-1), Temple (5-1), Tulane (5-1), Navy (4-1), and Memphis (5-1) have all exceeded expectations thus far, and that's before you get to Number 19 SMU, which is 6-0 is among the best stories in college football this season.  The bottom of the AAC is unsightly (UConn), but the teams expected to be bad (ECU, South Florida, Tulsa) haven't been embarrassing.  And when you consider conference heavy weights UCF (4-2) and Houston (2-4) are having down years, the league's growth has been even more impressive.

The ACC has just one team ranked in the Top 25 in Number 3 Clemson.  There's a strong case to be made that the top of the AAC is on par with the top of the ACC this season, especially since Wake Forest might be the second best team in the ACC.  The AAC might even be able to hang with the Big 12, since there's a pretty steep drop off behind Oklahoma, Texas, Baylor, and Iowa State.

It will take a few more seasons at this level of play for the AAC to start getting serious respect, but the conference is well on its way to establishing itself as a fertile ground for rising programs and coaches.

7 hours ago, bigd said:

In all fairness, both the MW and AAC are likely better or as good as the ACC this year.

If Clemson makes the playoffs, the ACC could send an unranked team to a NY6 bowl.

We're almost getting back to when the MW was knocking on the footsteps of the Big East and ACC back in the Utah/BYU/TCU days. Maybe the ACC will have to poach UCF (even against the wishes of FSU)...

This is a point Aresco has picked up on in public.

Aresco has made several arguments for P6 for AAC.  One of those arguments is that the old Big East had BCS status and the AAC has outperformed the old Big East.

On 10/15/2019 at 2:08 PM, Broncomare said:

my question is this...where is the MWC Commish? Why isn't he out there talking up the MWCs P5 wins on every ESPN or CBSSN show he can get on? I give Aresco credit for getting out there and talking up the AAC every chance he gets.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

If the AAC continues to separate itself from the rest of the G5 it could find itself back in it.  

It needs to start separating itself before it can continue......

21 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

my question is this...where is the MWC Commish? Why isn't he out there talking up the MWCs P5 wins on every ESPN or CBSSN show he can get on? I give Aresco credit for getting out there and talking up the AAC every chance he gets.

Been there, done that...

But here's a question....how do you know he's not?  we all know what Aresco is saying because y'all hang on his every word, then coming running to share.  Dont see too many people caring - here or anywhere else.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 minute ago, UofMTigers said:

We all admit our commish is an idiot... but still, the AAC deserves an auto-bid to a NY6 bowl?  Boise State has been doing it longer than anyone in the AAC, they are the ones that deserve an auto-bid to the NY6, regardless if they win the MWC!!!

down in a hole.jpg

1 hour ago, UofMTigers said:

“Talking up” and making a fool of his conference are two different things. It started with UCF’s fake national championship, then the cringey “P6” stickers, the P6 campaign as a whole, etc, etc. The conference is becoming more and more of a “meme” in the national eye than anything else. 

I’d rather hair make the conference look desperate behind the scenes (if at all), rather than in the public eye. 

7 hours ago, toohandsome said:

“Talking up” and making a fool of his conference are two different things. It started with UCF’s fake national championship, then the cringey “P6” stickers, the P6 campaign as a whole, etc, etc. The conference is becoming more and more of a “meme” in the national eye than anything else. 

I’d rather hair make the conference look desperate behind the scenes (if at all), rather than in the public eye. 

Karl Benson has done a better job with the Sun Belt than Craig Thompson has done with the MWC...JMHO

mem skyline sig.jpeg

10 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

If the AAC continues to separate itself from the rest of the G5 it could find itself back in it.  

lulz - at least you keep us entertained Woosh. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

On 10/15/2019 at 6:03 PM, Wyobraska said:

This year's version of Boise State would not match up well against those Utah teams or TCU.  Maybe BYU.  Those Utah and TCU teams were elite.  Boise is not elite this year.  Boise back then was elite as well.  This year's Boise team would not match up well against your best Boise teams.  

I was in this board back then and it was a concensus that those years' Boise teams weren't as good as those teams then... and yet that Boise team beat the best TCU team of the MW era. 

BTW, Vegas agreed and made TCU a 7 point favorite in the Fiesta Bowl... but Boise still won. Perception isn't always reality. 

1 minute ago, kingpotato said:

I was in this board back then and it was a concensus that those years' Boise teams weren't as good as those teams then... and yet that Boise team beat the best TCU team of the MW era. 

BTW, Vegas agreed and made TCU a 7 point favorite in the Fiesta Bowl... but Boise still won. Perception isn't always reality. 

So are you trying to say this years Boise team could have beat those TCU, Boise, and Utah teams?

On 10/15/2019 at 10:49 PM, Tulsa Guy said:

This is a point Aresco has picked up on in public.

Aresco has made several arguments for P6 for AAC.  One of those arguments is that the old Big East had BCS status and the AAC has outperformed the old Big East.

Yeah sure, comparing yourself to the only conference to ever lose it's automatic bid is a super valid argument. :hmmm:

2 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

So are you trying to say this years Boise team could have beat those TCU, Boise, and Utah teams?

I'm not saying anything... other than not one person on that board would have thought that Boise team would have beaten that TCU team... but it still happened. 

4 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

I'm not saying anything... other than not one person on that board would have thought that Boise team would have beaten that TCU team... but it still happened. 

2 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

To add to that, ALL of the predictions were massive blowout scenarios. 

That had nothing at all to do with what I wrote but alright.  

13 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

MW was higher rated last year and has an ALL Conference best 9 P5 OOC wins. There most definitely is no separation happening.