Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

MWC Players of the Week

1 hour ago, Bob said:

Jackson is the best WR in the conference. 

He’s been great.  He obviously benefits from being in an offense that knows how to throw the ball.  Same for the Hawaii and Boise receivers.  I feel bad for guys like SDSU’s Kobe Smith and UNLV’s Randal Grimes.  Both those guys are studs but don’t get the opportunities that a player like Jackson gets.

21 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

He’s been great.  He obviously benefits from being in an offense that knows how to throw the ball.  Same for the Hawaii and Boise receivers.  I feel bad for guys like SDSU’s Kobe Smith and UNLV’s Randal Grimes.  Both those guys are studs but don’t get the opportunities that a player like Jackson gets.

Randal Grimes has been criminally underutilized. He's a 6'4 210 speedster that should be targeted atleast 15 times/game. Armani overthrowing him when he's got his man beat, or opting for a 4 yd checkdown when he's wide open 20+ yds down the field was frustrating as hell.  

Luckily, Kenyon Oblad is starting to find his groove as a freshman and is beginning to stretch the field w/ Grimes (like we saw with that beautiful 63 yd TD pass against Vandy) I think UNLV is going to be much more successful throwing the ball going forward than what we saw in the previous 4 losses.---Hopefully not too successful as UNLV sneaking into a bowl game w/ 6-wins would be a major Pyrrhic victory if it means it buys Sanchize another year.----Although my guess is Sanchez is a deadman walking regardless. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif