Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MetropolitanCowboy

Chargers made a big mistake...

Leaving San Diego. That stadium was a dump, but it beats the hell out of being a second-class citizen in their new town. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/chargers-players-not-pleased-that-steelers-anthem-was-played-at-home-game/

I think the Stoolers had more fans than the Bolts did last night...and I think that's been an issue since they moved. The LA Raiders would have had a better ring to it, and would have had a ton more fan support....too bad that never came to fruition. 

Chargers should've fought to beat the Raiders to Vegas. I think it would've ended up better for all involved.

I still predict that within 10 yrs, Oakland will have a brand new stadium for the Raiders and the Chargers will end up moving to Vegas.

26 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

Chargers should've fought to beat the Raiders to Vegas. I think it would've ended up better for all involved.

I still predict that within 10 yrs, Oakland will have a brand new stadium for the Raiders and the Chargers will end up moving to Vegas.

I agree the Chargers should be in Vegas. As long as they have to share a stadium with the Rams and their fan support is down, San Diego will no doubt have the opportunity to lure them back. 

Oakland is in shambles. They’re not going to build a stadium.....they have no money. Same thing for the A’s. Taxes in CA are also crazy. Oakland is done, at least for a couple decades.

kat.jpg

49 minutes ago, MetropolitanCowboy said:

Leaving San Diego. That stadium was a dump, but it beats the hell out of being a second-class citizen in their new town. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/chargers-players-not-pleased-that-steelers-anthem-was-played-at-home-game/

I think the Stoolers had more fans than the Bolts did last night...and I think that's been an issue since they moved. The LA Raiders would have had a better ring to it, and would have had a ton more fan support....too bad that never came to fruition. 

Rams and Raiders in LA makes too much sense for those bozos. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

Chargers can’t get public funding in California and the San Diego market isn’t big enough to justify building a stadium without those public dollars.  They’ll likely rebrand after this season as they aren’t getting any traction whatsoever in LA.   

1 hour ago, MetropolitanCowboy said:

30 minutes ago, SangerBulldog said:

My brother is a chargers fan. And for life of me I have no idea why. Its was 90% steeler fans last night. At least from what i can tell on TV

steelers-fans-jpg-1.jpegdownload.jpeg

NFL fans in L.A. were teamless for two-and-a-half decade. Many remained loyal to the Raiders and cheer for them even after skipping town back to O-town. Many, found new teams to cheer for. Some were S.D. fans, others S.F. and other Dallas and others whichever ever bandwagon they jumped on to.  I didn't go to yesterday's rams vs '9ers game, but when I went last season, anywhere from a third to half of the stadium was in '9er red. I expect for it to be that way at least for the next decade, until the rams truly re-establish themselves as L.A.'s team.

1 hour ago, SharkTanked said:

1 hour ago, Lester_in_reno said:

Or  move to St Louis MO?

55 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

I agree the Chargers should be in Vegas. As long as they have to share a stadium with the Rams and their fan support is down, San Diego will no doubt have the opportunity to lure them back. 

Oakland is in shambles. They’re not going to build a stadium.....they have no money. Same thing for the A’s. Taxes in CA are also crazy. Oakland is done, at least for a couple decades.

They should have really considered San Antonio. Texas would have been fine with another pro-team. The San Antonio Chargers has a good ring to it. (With a charging horse logo, no need to fully rebrand).

6 minutes ago, SangerBulldog said:

Just move the team to Portland or San Antonio and rename them. 

Just move them to Fresno. They'd probably get better crowds.

12 minutes ago, SangerBulldog said:

Just move the team to Portland or San Antonio and rename them. 

No way would Portland be able to successfully support an NFL team. No room for a stadium in the downtown area and the Oregon taxpayers are not going to open their wallets to build a palace in the suburbs, not that I blame them.

San Antonio would be a more viable option. The Alamodome is really outdated however so that community would need to work on a plan to build a new cathedral. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

14 minutes ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

They should have really considered San Antonio. Texas would have been fine with another pro-team. The San Antonio Chargers has a good ring to it. (With a charging horse logo, no need to fully rebrand).

Charger? WTF is a Charger?

Image result for charger plates

:shrug: