Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ltcpilot

ESPN SUCKS

We talked about this possibility at our tailgate before the FSU game.  THIS STINKS.  

AF vs Utah State kickoff set on freaking ESPN at 815pm MST (2015hours).  

THIS IS HORRIBLE FOR THE PLAYERS AND FOR THE FANS AND THEIR FAMILIES.

JUST KEEP SELLING YOUR SOUL FOR $$$$'s

GO FALCONS JUST WIN

https://goairforcefalcons.com/news/2019/10/14/football-air-force-utah-state-kickoff-time-set-by-espn.aspx?path=football

I took the time machine to look at the attendance in Falcon Stadium for this game on October 26th....I'm sitting alone in the 20th row....StacyBarclay-20180317162944.jpg.b6e62bbb12d638d3f36deaf75de70953.jpg

..GO FALCONS..

10 minutes ago, ltcpilot said:

We talked about this possibility at our tailgate before the FSU game.  THIS STINKS.  

GO FALCONS JUST WIN

https://goairforcefalcons.com/news/2019/10/14/football-air-force-utah-state-kickoff-time-set-by-espn.aspx?path=football

I took the time machine to look at the attendance in Falcon Stadium for this game on October 26th....I'm sitting alone in the 20th row....StacyBarclay-20180317162944.jpg.b6e62bbb12d638d3f36deaf75de70953.jpg

Welcome to Boise State's world!  But we still sold out last Saturday.

down in a hole.jpg

Look on the bright side.

You'll have all day to go snipe hunting...

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Wait till they push the game time back to 8:30 because the previous game went over, then follow it with a 2+ hour first half that ends about 10:35PM.  And a finish time of about 12:35AM.

Calhoun will be begging to be admitted to the RMAC at the post-game presser.

1 hour ago, ltcpilot said:

GO FALCONS JUST WIN

That picture is not too far off from what the stadium looked like this weekend. Why was is so sparsely attended? 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

1 hour ago, ltcpilot said:

GO FALCONS JUST WIN

So you are just figuring this out  ......  

We've got Nevada Saturday at 8:15 in the rain. We had CSU at 8:15 in the rain with a lightening delay. We're prolly gonna have Wyoming and yBu at 8:15 in the rain, maybe snow. Then we'll have Boazy at 8:15, probably in the snow.

What're you whining about?

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

5 minutes ago, UofNPackFan said:

You guys act like 8pm starts only happen on the west coast 

Alabama has one this weekend.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 hour ago, Dimwhit said:

Learn to embrace the 8:15pm kickoff time. The nice thing about it is you have all day to tailgate and watch other games.

Boise bars rake in the cash on late starts, patrons arrive early and return late - not so the case with early starts.  

I’m fine with the late starts, but would rather see Boise play more Thursday/Friday 7/8 MT starts on ESPN.  

4 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Boise bars rake in the cash on late starts, patrons arrive early and return late - not so the case with early starts.  

I’m fine with the late starts, but would rather see Boise play more Thursday/Friday 7/8 MT starts on ESPN.  

Because you watch from your couch!

9 hours ago, ltcpilot said:

GO FALCONS JUST WIN

Any chatter about you guys looking to go Indy to control start times more?  Any thoughts on Calhoun's recent comments?

Personally I love the late starts. It allows you to watch a full day of football and then close out the night watching your team (either on TV or at the game).

Now granted Fresno fans typically don't have to deal with as bad of weather as the Mountain schools AND Fresno's latest start would be 7:30pm. So yeah if it is snowing/freezing outside I can see why some people won't be thrilled with an 815pm start. And I am also sure it is tough on families with young children and tough on some elderly folks.