Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

misplacedcowboy

Poll: Which coach gets fired first?

Poll: Who gets fired first?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets fired first?

When SDSU still owed Chuck Long for an additional year after he had earned a discharge after three seasons, some SDSU businessmen guaranteed they would cover the deficit. (Rumor has it they ended up only paying half; I have no idea whether that's true.) Chuck was owed ~$650K which in today's money can't be much less than the $900K that Davie is being paid. How much money will UNM lose in ticket revenue if Davie ISN'T fired?

Boom goes the dynamite.

Davie’s contract at UNM runs through the 2021 season, and as was mentioned before, UNM doesn’t have the money (in the athletic budget), to buy him out.

So I would be highly surprised if he got fired, this year, or even next. Where’s our sugar daddy when we need him!?

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

1 hour ago, LoboMan59 said:

Davie’s contract at UNM runs through the 2021 season, and as was mentioned before, UNM doesn’t have the money (in the athletic budget), to buy him out.

So I would be highly surprised if he got fired, this year, or even next. Where’s our sugar daddy when we need him!?

Well, CSU doesn't have the money in the budget either but I think they'll find it if they want to.  I'd say the same for UNM.  I'm also not 100% convinced that Bobo is gone after this year.  Should and will aren't always synonymous.

5 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Well, CSU doesn't have the money in the budget either but I think they'll find it if they want to.  I'd say the same for UNM.  I'm also not 100% convinced that Bobo is gone after this year.  Should and will aren't always synonymous.

and that's why Sanchez will be gone first.

2 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

You guys still can't do the $900k?  Damn

The school can if it wanted to... but the new president wants the athletic dept to fed for itself. UNM, like just about every institution, has a large endowment, but they don’t want to use school money to bail out sports programs... that’s why UNM cut programs last year, including a very successful men’s soccer program.

i suspect that there are plenty of people on the academia side, that would rather see football fold, than bailed out.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

It wont be Moore...mainly because the NFL season ends later.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Two more years?  Lobo football will be in the MWC basement for another 4-5 seasons as a result.  You cannot keep Davie for two more years.  That's inexcuseable.

1 minute ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Two more years?  Lobo football will be in the MWC basement for another 4-5 as a result.  You cannot keep Davie for two more years.  That's inexcuseable.

If it were up to Lobo fans, we’d have fired him two seasons ago... not up to us, and I guess a near empty stadium, doesn’t carry any weight with those who do decide!

If it were up to Lobo fans, we’d have fired him two seasons ago... not up to us, and I guess a near empty stadium, doesn’t carry any weight with those who do decide!

Dumb.  Might never get a lot of those fans back.  

Sanchez hiring Cotton(OC) and Baer(DC) when he was hired was the beginning of his end.  With Kent Baer go look at his history at the university of Washington.  He is in their history books as one of the worst.  As for Cotton first let me wish him the best health.  As for his coaching days how can no one notice his play book.  He isn’t currently on the sidelines yet Sanchez continues to use his 50 year old play book.  Sanchez never had D1 credibility and bringing coordinators with D1 deficiencies was dumb as +++++.  However that wasn’t all his fault as the then AD had less experience than anyone mentioned.

Sanchez will and should be fired.

I still haven’t got a clear answer to my question about Davie and his OC/DC play calling, which is... do they call what they want to call, or does Davie block or change their calls?

Really hate it when a team makes a few good plays, they go up to the line, get set, then the qb fakes slapping his hands together, then everyone relaxes, to look at the sidelines... wtf is that all about? There is no flow to the game that way!