Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

19 minutes ago, woo pig sooie said:

Tex ReCruyter is actually a heckuva defensive guy as evidenced by the results at my not so beloved alma mater, the University of California, Berkeley.

#CalReCruyter

He has a good defensive mind, but was a terrible head coach that was hands off with player development. It's well known that Derek Carr was the head coach and offensive coordinator the last two years he was here. There were multiple games were OC Schramm (Scamm) would make terrible play call decisions and Derek would have to audible at the line then rip into the OC when he got off the field. DeRuyter is good in the booth, but is clueless when he's on the field.  

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

21 hours ago, Rev McQuervo said:

Where are all the posters claimed this guy was the Greatest Find?

FresTuckians pretty quiet these days....

Jeez, they have only lost 1 game, on the road, to a pretty tough Air Force team.

46 minutes ago, MWC said:

Jeez, they have only lost 1 game, on the road, to a pretty tough Air Force team.

umm No- they are 2-3

6 minutes ago, Rev McQuervo said:

umm No- they are 2-3

OK, so one Conference game. 

Point is they are still very much alive in the conference. 

You are making it sound like they are terrible this year.  Maybe they are, but it is still to early to tell.

On 10/13/2019 at 1:33 PM, KingBronco said:

That final AFA drive against Fresno had to be brutal for anyone associated with the Dogs. You could just see the life getting sucked out of Tedford, Reyna and the defense as the Falcons methodically burned the last 11 minutes of the game away. At this point, it looks like it will fairly tough for Fresno to even get to bowl eligiblility.

It wasn't brutal for me. For anyone watching the game you KNEW Fresno was not going to hold AF to three short drives in a row. I knew the game was over when we punted the ball with a little over 11 minutes left. 

Heck even holding AF to two short drives in a row (considering we only held AF to one short drive up until that point) would have been pretty surprising. Still if you are playing to win we had to go for it on that fourth down instead of punting. 

7 hours ago, MWC said:

OK, so one Conference game. 

Point is they are still very much alive in the conference. 

You are making it sound like they are terrible this year.  Maybe they are, but it is still to early to tell.

Alive in the West but would be tough to win the conference. Both because the Mountain will host the champ game (likely Boise) and the Mountain has a better top than the West.

I fully expect us to win the next two home games and then have the game on the island really determine if we are legit contender to win the west or not. 

On 10/13/2019 at 5:31 PM, kingpotato said:

This. They weren't just hoping, they were certain. 

Love them or hate them, this is why BSU is respected nationally. 

BSU doesn’t rebuild, just reload.  A bad year for Boise might be 8 wins.  They defy normal cycles.  Sometimes people take shots at their relative short time in FBS(D1) but they sure have made the most of their time.

1 minute ago, utenation said:

Love them or hate them, this is why BSU is respected nationally. 

BSU doesn’t rebuild, just reload.  A bad year for Boise might be 8 wins.  They defy normal cycles.  Sometimes people take shots at their relative short time in FBS(D1) but they sure have made the most of their time.

A bad year is 9 wins. 8 wins is a horrible year. 10-11 wins is a average year. 12+ wins is a good/great year. There is literally probably 10 schools (counting both fbs/fcs) that have that standard. 

I mean in 19 years at the D-1 level they have 2 8 win years (2001, 2013) and 2 9 win years (2005, 2015). The other 15 years will be 10+ wins*.

*I am taking the liberty of assuming they will get to 10 wins this year. I mean they have 7-8 games left and only need 4 more wins. 

On 10/13/2019 at 1:08 PM, Rev McQuervo said:

Where are all the posters claimed this guy was the Greatest Find?

FresTuckians pretty quiet these days....

Come on, it's not like FS has dropped a game to a lower division team...glass house, shooter.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

1 hour ago, thedude15 said:

A bad year is 9 wins. 8 wins is a horrible year. 10-11 wins is a average year. 12+ wins is a good/great year. There is literally probably 10 schools (counting both fbs/fcs) that have that standard. 

I mean in 19 years at the D-1 level they have 2 8 win years (2001, 2013) and 2 9 win years (2005, 2015). The other 15 years will be 10+ wins*.

*I am taking the liberty of assuming they will get to 10 wins this year. I mean they have 7-8 games left and only need 4 more wins. 

The knock on Boise will always be level of competition.  Easier said than done sometimes but I would like to see 2 P5 teams consistently on their schedule each year. I still think they would do well. 

With Vegas opening up with a real stadium finally, I think the West might turn the tide a bit on neutral games in NFL stadiums.  With the P12 and to top of the MWC wanting more of these games, there’s some East Coast and Midwestern P5 hides we can skin. All too often we have go out there. I’m a P5 fan but will always cheer for Western teams over the SEC, B12, ACC and B1G. Except for BYU of course.

8 hours ago, creeper86 said:

Lol......

Remember all Dog fans when Retreadford grabbed Tr QB Haener-“Teddy knows what he’s doing” etc etc....better hope Haener’s the answer now.

I am actually thrilled he got Haener. Obviously there must have been some concern Casey could flip so at least we "hopefully" have a solid QB lined up for 20 and 21. I mean the last 2 year QB transfer worked out ok for also. Also people are saying Heaner is the best QB on the team right now (ie better than starter and other QB's on roster) so he is still an upgrade over what we had on the rooster.