Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

Air Force thinking of leaving the MWC?

2 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

Or the Summit, or the MVC..Or the Big Sky...They would have options..

It all depends on what they value most.  

12 minutes ago, MWC Tex said:

The WAC of course.

Only if the AFA brass threw academic standards out the window.  Because otherwise nothing would appeal to the AFA brass better than Tarleton State, Dixie State, Chicago State and Grand Canyon.

5 hours ago, bigd said:

To be fair, Air Force definitely has a different profile from most MW schools (large public universities) as seen from Bob being their only online fan representative on this board.

In a lot of ways they have more in common with small private schools in the AAC west such as Tulsa, Tulane, SMU, Navy, etc. These schools all have low enrollments and small fan bases with higher academic standards.

Plus the mission of Air Force football is to play around the country and serve as advertising for the Academy, that would work better in the AAC.

I can definitely see the fit, and it would be really cool if they could get Army to join them.

Thats the only reason I think there is any chance.  That western division would be all academies or private schools with Houston being the lone traditional public institution.  

1 hour ago, CaffeinatedCoog said:

Thats the only reason I think there is any chance.  That western division would be all academies or private schools with Houston being the lone traditional public institution.  

they can look at Houston + the two teams they'll end up playing in the East as recruiting trips.

mem skyline sig.jpeg