Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thespywhozaggedme

How big would the ratings be for a Notre Dame/Boise Cotton Bowl?

15 minutes ago, RSF said:

If they win out? Boise is a mortal lock for the NY6, and itll be Cotton, because its the only one available.  The only team even close right now is (gag) SMU.  Lose a game, and things may change.

Yeah it's the cotton.  The only chance Boise has for the NY6 is if they win out (imo), the likelihood of anyone winning out is low (not imo).  That said with the relative strength of the MW being what it is this year they stand as good a chance of winning out as anyone (except App State).  The AAC champ will likely have at least 3-4 top 25 wins to their credit (SMU could have 5) by the end of the season so there is a growing chance the AAC champ pulls ahead of an undefeated Boise when the committee begins doing what they do.  Obviously it's too early to give too much thought to that, and it would set a new precedent amongst the G5 but the AAC has really flexed this year and is looking good comparatively.  I hope that the MW, Sunbelt, and AAC all end strong as it's good for cfb. 

15 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Yeah it's the cotton.  The only chance Boise has for the NY6 is if they win out (imo), the likelihood of anyone winning out is low (not imo).  That said with the relative strength of the MW being what it is this year they stand as good a chance of winning out as anyone (except App State).  The AAC champ will likely have at least 3-4 top 25 wins to their credit (SMU could have 5) by the end of the season so there is a growing chance the AAC champ pulls ahead of an undefeated Boise when the committee begins doing what they do.  Obviously it's too early to give too much thought to that, and it would set a new precedent amongst the G5 but the AAC has really flexed this year and is looking good comparatively.  I hope that the MW, Sunbelt, and AAC all end strong as it's good for cfb. 

I see you are going with the SEC argument this year.   We just keep beating each other up so we all must be good right?  Right?

2 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Hmm.

Right now SMU doesn’t play any top 25 teams on their schedule for the remainer of the season (based off of the current AP poll). You can speculate Temple (that buffalo beatdown looks real good, eh?) & Tulane (l.o.l) but that’s all it is right now, speculation. Plus, by seasons end it’s possible all the teams from the AAC currently in or flirting with the AP top 25 all have multiple losses. Also, counting a win over a horrendously overrated TCU team is laughable. But that’s what the AAC and yourself are both pretty good at, getting laughed at.

3 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

There is a high probability the AAC Champ will have 2 losses this year IMO. The AAC is definitely very good this year but there is too much parity and no dominant team. Attrition during conference play is likely going to derail the AAC's NY6 chances this year.

5 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

I'll grudgingly admit that the AAC West is very good this year. But no way the committee picks a 1-loss or 2-loss AAC team over an undefeated Boise State with a road win over Florida State (even if they aren't very good this year). It's extremely difficult to go undefeated no matter how weak one's schedule might be, and the committee knows that.

8 hours ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

If both teams win out that is pretty much guaranteed to be the NY6 game. I think the ratings will be through the roof, almost equal to the playoffs. Both teams have national followings and just as many people tune in to watch Notre Dame because they hate them than those that tune in because they love them. We will we will be a huge underdog, and most of the nation will be rooting for us.

"Ratings almost equal to the playoffs. ....most of the nation will be rooting for us"....sweet baby Jesus , I love it when the potato Borg show their ass this early in the season. 

4 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

"Ratings almost equal to the playoffs. ....most of the nation will be rooting for us"....sweet baby Jesus , I love it when the potato Borg show their ass this early in the season. 

We’re back baby. Pinky out while drinking our tea in Elvis costumes, the whole shebang.

1 hour ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Instead of insulting, why not make cogent counterpoints? If the game takes place and neither ND nor us loses, I will wager that the ratings will be through the roof, one of the highest non playoff game since the cfp playoffs began. I'll make you a username bet, if the ratings are top 3 non playoff game, you have to change your username to whatever I choose, if they're 4th or below, the opposite, deal? Also, do you think most of the nation will be rooting for ND vs Boise State, if so why? Try to make points without condescension and name calling, thanks. 

2 hours ago, SDDean said:

Boise shouldn’t be counting their eggs before they hatch.

I think we’re okay because I bathed in this shit last night:

Reversing_Oil.jpg?v=1499296792

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg