Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Woman killed in own home when Fort Worth officer shoots her

Officers responded at 2:25 a.m. to the house in the 1200 block of East Allen Avenue. James Smith, who called a non-emergency police number, said he saw the doors were open and the lights were on, which struck him as unusual. He knew Jefferson, his neighbor, was home with her 8-year-old nephew.

Police parked around the corner, and the woman could not see them, according to Smith, 62. About 15 minutes later, he said, he heard a loud bang and saw several more officers rush inside.

Body-worn camera video police released shows two officers using flashlights to check the perimeter of the house, inspecting two doors that are open with closed screen doors. At the back of house, one officer appears to see a figure through a dark window, and he quickly twists his body to the left.

“Put your hands up! Show me your hands!” he shouts through the window, his gun drawn. He then fires a single shot through the window.

In the video, he does not identify himself as an officer.

Jefferson was playing video games with her nephew when they heard what they believed to be a prowler outside, her relatives’ attorney said. When she went to the window to see what was going on, she was shot, the attorney said.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/fort-worth/article236067328.html

The DFW area appears to be breeding murderous law enforcement officers. 

1 hour ago, Rebels18 said:

Do liberals actually think anyone is pro-excessive force/police brutality? Any opportunity to politicize a tragedy I guess.

Y'all are vehemently pro-police over everyone, so yes... you're for this type of bullshit.

2 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I know that the truth hurts, but you should just go ahead and own it already.

you caught me, all republicans love police brutality. :rolleyes:  So get this, some cop went into a woman's backyard a couple months ago and started open firing on her dog and shot and killed the woman accidentally--- all republicans everywhere were  like "Yay! GO POLICEMAN!! GO! #Blueline!"

fat idiot. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

1 minute ago, Rebels18 said:

you caught me, all republicans love police brutality. :rolleyes:  So get this, some cop went into a woman's backyard a couple months ago and started open firing on her dog and shot and killed the woman accidentally--- all republicans everywhere were  like "Yay! GO POLICEMAN!! GO! #Blueline!"

fat idiot. 

The fact that you called this an accident proves my point, you dumb+++++. 

6 minutes ago, retrofade said:

The fact that you called this an accident proves my point, you dumb+++++. 

He aimed for the dog, missed, and hit the the woman in the crossfire. 

Firing at the dog wasn't an accident (which was horrible on its own)--but killing the woman clearly was. 

Try to keep up, fatboy. My point is no one likes excessive force--trying to perpetuate that anyone/"Ya'll" does because they might have an overall positive opinion about the police is just strawman bullshit. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

Just now, Rebels18 said:

He aimed for the dog, missed, and hit the the woman in the crossfire. 

Firing at the dog wasn't an accident (which was horrible on its own)--but killing the woman clearly was. 

Try to keep up, fatboy. My point is no one likes police brutality--trying to perpetuate that anyone/"Ya'll" does because they might have an overall positive opinion about the police is just strawman bullshit. 

Why the +++++ was he shooting someone in their own home to begin with, you dumb+++++? Further, I can't even begin to unpack your last sentence for the idiocy contained within. 

I'll break this down for you.

A cop murdered a women in her home because he was a +++++wit. You're defending the murder of an innocent woman. 

1 minute ago, retrofade said:

Why the +++++ was he shooting someone in their own home to begin with, you dumb+++++? Further, I can't even begin to unpack your last sentence for the idiocy contained within. 

I'll break this down for you.

A cop murdered a women in her home because he was a +++++wit. You're defending the murder of an innocent woman. 

I'm not defending it at all. I brought up the story about the woman and her dog as another example of police excessive force that no one could possibly support/defend. 

The overall point being: no one supports police brutality you halfwit. Understand now? Good. Now go back to the unemployment line you fat loser. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

52 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

I'm not defending it at all. I brought up the story about the woman and her dog as another example of police excessive force that no one could possibly support/defend. 

The overall point being: no one supports police brutality you halfwit. Understand now? Good. Now go back to the unemployment line you fat loser. 

Other than Trump nuthuggers like yourself.

And shit like this is why I don't trust cops. Getting murdered in your own house by a cop seems to be all the rage in the DFW area these days. The fact that this latest Jack booted thug isn't in jail awaiting trial tells you all you need to know about how police and Sheriff's departments regard regular citizens.

52 minutes ago, Uncle Juan said:

And shit like this is why I don't trust cops. Getting murdered in your own house by a cop seems to be all the rage in the DFW area these days. The fact that this latest Jack booted thug isn't in jail awaiting trial tells you all you need to know about how police and Sheriff's departments regard regular citizens.

Dude... didn't you listen to @Rebels18, it was her own fault for being in her own house at the time.

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

Dude... didn't you listen to @Rebels18, it was her own fault for being in her own house at the time.

Not trying to get in the way of your argument. ...but why did James Smith call the cops? He saw door open and lights on..ummm....means someone was home and enjoying the cooler nighttime temps..maybe. Cops overreacted according to the article.but should they have ever been called in the first place. ......

Just now, DestinFlPackfan said:

Not trying to get in the way of your argument. ...but why did James Smith call the cops? He saw door open and lights on..ummm....means someone was home and enjoying the cooler nighttime temps..maybe. Cops overreacted according to the article.but should they have ever been called in the first place. ......

Why did the cops snoop around the house? The neighbor called for a welfare check. Why not knock on the door, identify yourself, and explain why you're there? This is on the police, period! They phucked this up and the homeowner is dead. 

3 minutes ago, Uncle Juan said:

Why did the cops snoop around the house? The neighbor called for a welfare check. Why not knock on the door, identify yourself, and explain why you're there? This is on the police, period! They phucked this up and the homeowner is dead. 

No doubt. Procedures like you mentioned are in place for a reason. But poor old James Smith is going to have to question why he called the cops. No one should ever have to do that.  

Just now, DestinFlPackfan said:

No doubt. Procedures like you mentioned are in place for a reason. But poor old James Smith is going to have to question why he called the cops. No one should ever have to do that.  

Yeah, I feel bad for the guy. He was trying to look out for a neighbor and it ended with her dead.