Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bluerules009

Only the Californian welded to their couch crowd hates late kickoffs.

Shot 6 chukar by 1 P.M., will eat lunch and probably see if i can shoot a limit of quail this afternoon.

Then watch a football game tonight.

I would never ruin a day watching other people play.   I have no understanding why people would want a middle of the day kickoff.  Ruins your whole day if you spend time watching it.

I guess if you are a couch potato though that is what you like.

1 hour ago, bluerules009 said:

Shot 6 chukar by 1 P.M., will eat lunch and probably see if i can shoot a limit of quail this afternoon.

I would never ruin a day watching other people play.   I have no understanding why people would want a middle of the day kickoff.  Ruins your whole day if you spend time watching it.

Well, it only "ruins your whole day" if there's things you prefer to watching football. There are also people who are capable of watching football while doing other things too.

You DO understand there are people who like doing certain things and people who like doing certain other things, right?

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

Just now, Wyovanian said:

Well, it only "ruins your whole day" if there's things you prefer to watching football. There are also people who are capable of watching football while doing other things too.

You DO understand there are people who like doing certain things and people who like doing certain other things, right?

Watching football is watching other people do things.   You are just sitting on your ass.

Just now, bluerules009 said:

Watching football is watching other people do things.   You are just sitting on your ass.

So what if you like to take your kids to the games, but if they start late, and if you have a long drive home, it sucks.  

Or if you just live like 3-4 hours from the stadium?  The late games suck.  

Watching movies is watching other people do things. Reading books is reading about other people doing things.

I guess you're saying there is no value in observing life as it happens, or as it has happened. You know- wanting to see what happens next. By that standard there is zero value in anything you aren't directly participating in.

Just now, Wyobraska said:

So what if you like to take your kids to the games, but if they start late, and if you have a long drive home, it sucks.  

Or if you just live like 3-4 hours from the stadium?  The late games suck.  

You watch it on TV,   It is a better view, you can record it and watch it at night, after you have taken your kids out and given them something to do instead of sitting on their ass.

Kids should be active not going to a college football game.   They should be playing football or basketball or something on a saturday.  Any parent that ruins that is irresponsible.

1 hour ago, bluerules009 said:

As I am cooking my entire week's worth of food, and being around friends building community, you are shooting mini-birds all alone.

Yeah, your life seems great. :rotflmfao:

1 minute ago, Wyovanian said:

Watching movies is watching other people do things. Reading books is reading about other people doing things.

I guess you're saying there is no value in observing life as it happens, or as it has happened. You know- wanting to see what happens next. By that standard there is zero value in anything you aren't directly participating in.

There is more value in participating in life.

You can do all those other things when the sun is down.

Just now, East Coast Aztec said:

As I am cooking my entire week's worth of food, and being around friends building community, you are shooting mini-birds all alone.

Yeah, your life seems great. :rotflmfao:

I was with an engineer and a lawyer and a bunch of dogs.

Any of the dogs i am sure would be more companionship than your group.

Only a california couch potato would think watching activity is more fun than participating in it.

1 minute ago, bluerules009 said:

There is more value in participating in life.

You can do all those other things when the sun is down.

Some like to do them when the sun is up, then "participate" to their hearts' content when it goes down.

2 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

Only a california couch potato would think watching activity is more fun than participating in it.

Why would anyone shoot at innocent birds when there's a perfectly good lawyer in range? How about "participating" in making the world a better place.

5 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

Lots of people are worthless, lazy and boring.   It is a common malady especially among the california couch potato crowd.

So, someone who spends six days out of the week "participating", then spends Saturday watching football, then spends Saturday night watching more football, then "participates" with a couple of in-their-prime cougars isn't "participating" enough?

4 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

So, someone who spends six days out of the week "participating", then spends Saturday watching football, then spends Saturday night watching more football, then "participates" with a couple of in-their-prime cougars isn't "participating" enough?

no

Just now, Cincy said:

Is sitting in Santa’s lap considered an “activity”?

only if something pops up and you like it.

16 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

I play football every Saturday morning.  I don't feel the need to shoot small birds and think of it as productive.