Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Maynard Delecto

Options for Replacing UMM

Unm has some solid posters on the forum. My dude Sean is easily a top 5 guy on the politics board. But losing at home to a team that lost to lowly Arkansas is the last of many straws.

Clearly,  a realistic top end for Lobo football is bowl eligibility once every ten years or so. 

In the two other revenue sports, basketball and softball, UNM brings nothing (bball) or worse than nothing (the batting practice for opposing teams disguised as a softball team that is a concrete mooring dragging the rest of MW softball down)

The Mountain West can and MUST do better.

Personally I'd like to see Sacramento State take the Lobos' place. The Hornets have a big potential upside for football and good softball, don't ask me abt bball but can't be any worse what UNM has put the conference through.

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif

1 minute ago, woo pig sooie said:

Unm has some solid posters on the forum. My dude Sean is easily a top 5 guy on the politics board. But losing at home to a team that lost to lowly Arkansas is the last of many straws.

Clearly,  a realistic top end for Lobo football is bowl eligibility once every ten years or so. 

In the two other revenue sports, basketball and softball, UNM brings nothing (bball) or worse than nothing (the batting practice for opposing teams disguised as a softball team that is a concrete mooring dragging the rest of MW softball down)

The Mountain West can and MUST do better.

Personally I'd like to see Sacramento State take the Lobos' place. The Hornets have a big potential upside for football and good softball, don't ask me abt bball but can't be any worse what UNM has put the conference through.

We really need to somehow get @Loboblast back on here to respond to this. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 hour ago, azinco said:

After USU beats them this year, Nuevo Mexico will not have a winning record over a single MWC football team. 

2DE49B9B-3F18-432D-8459-D92C4B15C4CB.jpeg

One "basketball school" resting on its decades old laurels is already one too many. But at least UNLV gives us access to fertile recruiting grounds, something resembling a media market, easy travel, and an event based city. ABQ offers none of those.

The smart thing to do is to  reach out to NM STATE. Let's see what they would offer in travel subsidies. 

If we had NMst n UNM's spot there would have been four MW softball teams in the Regionals last year, and at least one more bball team dancing. 

On behalf of the State of NM, I suggest we go ahead and take the hit for the good of the conference. Y'all can backfill with Arkansas, MWC second division-quality football, but it brings Muss back where he belongs. Unfortunately Fayetteville will still suck harder than a hooker at a trade show. :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

We really need to somehow get @Loboblast back on here to respond to this. 

That's a start but let's think big. Let's get megabucks for mugtang by organizing a Celebrity Deathmatch between Loboblast and Maytard. It would be epic.

Boom goes the dynamite.

On 10/12/2019 at 2:25 PM, Wyobraska said:

@woo pig sooieI would say Arkansas.  Similar meth and poverty.  I think you guys would fit right in.  Plus you can lose to CSU and SJSU in conference and can schedule FCS schools OOC to pad your win totals and maybe get to a bowl game. 

I intended to troll the UNR ppl with this sock but it turns out the WYO and Boise dudes and dudettes had the biggest reaction.

Maynard plans and God Laughs I reckon.

Yours Truly

Hugh Pig Sooie