Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sdsuphilip4

Bob Davie is in year 8

1 hour ago, sdsuphilip4 said:

He’s 17-41 in conference play, what exactly is New Mexico waiting for?

Somebody from "Breaking Bad" to take an interest in local sports and ponying up the buyout?

6 hours ago, sdsuphilip4 said:

A sugar daddy/family, to adopt us and buy us a winning coach, who can at least find a QB that can chew gum and connect a pass from time to time!

I can’t believe it, in all his years here, he’s not been able to recruit ONE decent QB to build an offense around. But then again, he hasn’t been able to settle on an offense yet either so... and defense is what he hangs his hat on when talking about his past... that’s a hardy belly laugh right there!

if anyone wants to argue coaching versus talent, bringing up Davie, will win that argument for you! In his case, it’s definitely coaching! 

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

The sad part about all this is, as a diehard UNM fan, I've learned to expect, and accept, losses like this. I use to take losses hard! Now, I think, what ever fans are left, they're just as broken as the program is.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

maybe get Urlacher involved.....?

there is a Notre Dame (oriented) sports bar in Palo Alto called "the Old Pro".

Davies picture is on the wall from when he coached the Irish..... the caption placed on that picture is "Bobby Bird Brain"....

(sorry)-- was down there last month.

and granted  we Pack fans can't really criticize anybody/

cerified_Subarus.jpg

2 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

The sad part about all this is, as a diehard UNM fan, I've learned to expect, and accept, losses like this. I use to take losses hard! Now, I think, what ever fans are left, they're just as broken as the program is.

Noting that you're almost a decade into your Davie funk, this was sort of the mentality at SJSU, oh, around 15 years ago or so.  By that point (more than a decade into our own extended period of crapulousness), we had well-established those low expectations ourselves.  It 'aint fun, that's for sure, but you just gotta find a way to hang in there. 

What's more disheartening is that you now have the widespread influences of social media, etc., to also contend with.  This puts added pressure on what's likely already a dwindling fan base.   It's not a good combo and you'd best nip that situation in the bud sooner than later.  At SJSU, we've always been attendance challenged (more than the rest), sure, but losing a generation (or more) of fans because of a 25-year run of ineptitude has had long-reaching effects in trying to win any number of them back...

7 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

Now that you mentioned this, that is exactly the way I felt last night. Last weeks loss to SJSU hurt but last night didn't faze me. It can't be this way.

4 hours ago, sjsbuff said:

Noting that you're almost a decade into your Davie funk, this was sort of the mentality at SJSU, oh, around 15 years ago or so.  By that point (more than a decade into our own extended period of crapulousness), we had well-established those low expectations ourselves.  It 'aint fun, that's for sure, but you just gotta find a way to hang in there. 

What's more disheartening is that you now have the widespread influences of social media, etc., to also contend with.  This puts added pressure on what's likely already a dwindling fan base.   It's not a good combo and you'd best nip that situation in the bud sooner than later.  At SJSU, we've always been attendance challenged (more than the rest), sure, but losing a generation (or more) of fans because of a 25-year run of ineptitude has had long-reaching effects in trying to win any number of them back...

You guys have some things to build on; a new stadium, SEC win in the road, good recruiting grounds. We have none of that and no money to make necessary changes.

15 hours ago, sdsuphilip4 said:

The last guy had go 2-26, lose to an FCS on homecoming, and have his son’s friend busted for DWI in the coaches’ comp car in front of the stadium during that loss. So the bar is pretty high.

Unless there’s a group of donors willing to step up and pay off the buyout today, I think Davie gets the rest of this season. If they don’t show a lot of improvement the second half of the year, I can’t see how UNM can afford to keep Davie. The minor league soccer team puts more butts in seats.

The story so far:

In the beginning the Universe was created.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.