Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Turkey Bombed US Special Forces by “Mistake”

On 10/11/2019 at 8:03 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

It makes for a wonderful bird.  The problem with a Turkey is that it is basically a large ball, which is not an optimal shape for cooking.  To get the whole thing done, you have to overcook the best meat.  By flattening the bird, you change the thermodynamic equation.  You expose far more skin to the heat source at the same time as well, allowing the fat to drip and start the "mallard" effect, insuring the bird stays moist.

Even deep frying the bird does not solve the problem of the physics of cooking a ball of raw meat.  Spatchcocking does.

Give it a go this year, it is a lot of fun as well.  Something about ripping out the spinal column and breaking the breast bone feel, right.

You could sous vide that shit

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 hour ago, rudolro said:

This is how I cook my chicken.  Comes out perfect everytime. I've never even considered this for a turkey because of the size.

Works great. That's how I've done my last 2-3 birds after hearing about it here.

BTW, a cordless Sawzall works the best for cutting out the backbone. much easier than any knife of poultry scissors.

15 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Works great. That's how I've done my last 2-3 birds after hearing about it here.

BTW, a cordless Sawzall works the best for cutting out the backbone. much easier than any knife of poultry scissors.

You sound like Tim Allen on Home Improvement . I'll stick to my meat scissors. 

3 hours ago, renoskier said:

Whoa:stop:, wait a damn minute. I get the excuse to buy a cordless sawzall for (ummm) kitchen use?  This spatchcocking is getting better and better

On 10/14/2019 at 6:18 PM, DestinFlPackfan said:

Whoa:stop:, wait a damn minute. I get the excuse to buy a cordless sawzall for (ummm) kitchen use?  This spatchcocking is getting better and better

The Saturday after Thanksgiving there's going to be a handful of poster talking about how the lost a finger prepping Thanksgiving.

This is going to be all your fault @renoskier 

Edit:  @mugtang how's your liability insurance?