Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSanDiegan

Hey Trump supporters who were cheerleading our withdrawal from N Syria

3 hours ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

This ^^^^^^^ times a 10000. As I've said in previous threads...they are either to lazy or to stupid to run the equipment we've sold them. Hell, we try to train them even using third grade Arabic .....they don't care. They have us by the balls? I'm not sure why but every time we come to their aid. 

Maybe we sold them the goods with an extended service warranty :shrug: but at some point even a warranty runs out. Are we charging extra now for parts and labor?

What's alarming is that apparently we had no Intel on this at all.  Didn't know they were about to do it, didn't know they had the capability to be that accurate and precise on targeting, didn't know nothing.  There was an interesting article in Israeli press about their alarm on our lack of intelligence on this.

Btw, if someone launched a cruise missile at long beach tomorrow we wouldn't be able to stop it either.  Unless we had an idea it was coming.  It's a little more complicated than just saying the Saudi military is inept.

1 hour ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Hence the fourteen hundred dollars of scotch I keep hand I've shown on the forum. Or the five-figure knife collection I've shared. Or the Ermenegildo Zegna jacket in one photo, or the bottle of Cristal in the same. 

Of course, the acquisition of such veblen goods requires discretionary income, so I'm not in the least bit surprised you didn't recognize these in their respective posts, or that you're not familiar with the threads under which such items are discussed.

Not to mention, I'm guessing the firewall at your facility probably limits the number of page views you're allowed. :shrug:

Anyone cleaning lady can take a picture of their bosses scotch bottle while they are dusting it off.

If you spent 5 figures for those knives you are dumber than i thought and I previously thought you and a cockroach were about equal.

Now get some sleep it is a long day at walmart on the weekend shift.:lol:

46 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

Anyone cleaning lady can take a picture of their bosses scotch bottle while they are dusting it off.

If you spent 5 figures for those knives you are dumber than i thought and I previously thought you and a cockroach were about equal.

Now get some sleep it is a long day at walmart on the weekend shift.:lol:

I have over 400 vintage and antique edged weapons, of which I've shown but a fraction. That Potts ring-guard Bowie I posted in the Bowie grouping is a Confederate Bowie ca. 1840-1850 valued at $7000 by its lonesome. Flayderman profiles them in Ch. 6 of his treatise on the subject, The Bowie Knife. They are rarer then hen's teeth.

If you don't know the book or know whom Norm Flayderman is then you don't know shit about knives.

Furthermore, I'm guessing you don't know shit about vintage folders, military knives (you wouldn't know a Mark II from a Mark 2), ethnographic edged weapons, or, well, pretty much anything.* If you did, then you might have a clue as to the aggregate value of the modest cross section I've posted, something I should mention required considerable time and effort to do. 

*Except for hunting chukars. You seem to know way too much about hunting chukars.  

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

14 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

How do you feel about this latest deployment?

Bring home 1,000 from Syria and then deploy 2,000 to the Gulf? :blink: I know simple math can be difficult for Trump Nuthuggers, but how do you square this circle?

You are clueless. Most Trump supporters were absolutely against leaving Syria including me. He said that he’s tired of seeing bodies come home. 

One of the things you’ll never hear in the media is that anytime dead soldiers arrive at Dover, Either Trump, Pence, or a few people from Congress like Cotton are there when they arrive. They try to comfort the parents and family that are there as much as possible. 

On Thursday night, he went into how hard it is to be there and see mothers making noises and sounds you’ve never heard before, watching a mother not being able to wait for their turn to see her sons coffin and jumping down to the tarmac and jumping on top of the coffins flowers and flag and just lay there hugging it. I’ve also heard that sometimes they try to open the coffins to hug their kid. Trump actually started to tear up a bit and hold it back.

He said that he writes every single letter to the family of a killed soldier. Each one is custom done with unique facts and nice things about their son/daughter. He’s worried that if the parents get together and compare letters and see that they were mostly or partially the same, it would be hurtful to them. So no templates are used that he could modify. No, every single letter is unique, original and very heart felt. He said he spends a lot of time on this. 

He’s tired of our kids dying. We were originally only supposed to be in Syria for 30 days. So I understand where he’s coming from, even though he’s still absolutely wrong on leaving Syria. 

kat.jpg

32 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I have over 400 vintage and antique edged weapons, of which I've shown but a fraction. That Potts ring-guard Bowie I posted in the Bowie grouping is a Confederate Bowie ca. 1840-1850 valued at $7000 by its lonesome. Flayderman profiles them in Ch. 6 of his treatise on the subject, The Bowie Knife. They are rarer then hen's teeth.

If you don't know the book or know whom Norm Flayderman is then you don't know shit about knives.

Furthermore, I'm guessing you don't know shit about vintage folders, military knives (you wouldn't know a Mark II from a Mark 2), ethnographic edged weapons, or, well, pretty much anything.* If you did, then you might have a clue as to the aggregate value of the modest cross section I've posted, something I should mention required considerable time and effort to do. 

*Except for hunting chukars. You seem to know way too much about hunting chukars.  

I will actually be using a knife tomorrow for what it is designed for.

I bet that is more knowledge than you will ever gain.

You are a fool and people parting you from your money is like taking candy from a baby.

14 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

How do you feel about this latest deployment?

Bring home 1,000 from Syria and then deploy 2,000 to the Gulf? :blink: I know simple math can be difficult for Trump Nuthuggers, but how do you square this circle?

They can't square the circle.  Drumph sending Americans to defend Saudi Arabia is nothing more than Saudi Arabia hiring mercenaries.  Drumph himself said that the Saud's (my word) were going to pay us a lot of money.

Drumph is all about Drumph.  He has as many as 8 properties in Saud-land he doesn't want to lose   Why do you think he has his son in law Kushner as his middle eastern adviser.  Drumph himself knows he stands to lose millions.

Drumph wants to send our soldiers to protect his personal assets.  The GOP Drumph supporters don't care about our soldiers.

2 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

I will actually be using a knife tomorrow for what it is designed for.

I bet that is more knowledge than you will ever gain.

You are a fool and people parting you from your money is like taking candy from a baby.

I already told you in a previous thread how my uncle used to take me rabbit hunting and taught me how to field dress a rabbit.

But as I don't live in a bunker in some shithole dystopian desert wasteland, I just go to the store now to procure meat.

And considering you don't have the first f*cking clue what I paid for so much as a single one of the pieces I've collected over the last 25-30 years, you're not really not in a position to assess how good or bad of a value any of my procurements were. For instance, I have one Scottish dirk that is currently valued somewhere between $10K-$12K for which I paid $1,300.  Or my "best" nihonto, which in polish is a $20,000 blade for which I paid less than $500 (though to bring it in polish would cost me at least $4K).

But on the bright side, at least we established you don't know shit about knives. We'll always have that.

6 minutes ago, Lester_in_reno said:

the House of Saud gives the USA money.

The Kurds don't. (and they don't have any)

Thats all you need to know.

Trump sez the saudis are paying the us now for the escalation of our military involvement. 

Sez the saudis buy a lot of military equipment from us.

So our troops are for hire now? We’re not even going to pretend there’s some righteousness cause? 

18 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

Just like every brainwashed leftist, science and facts mean nothing to you.

You are just another drone wage slave with zero chance of a successful productive life beyond whatever welfare you get.

I have zero doubt that The San Diegan earns more than you do and other than students who might come here, I suspect every Aztec on this board does.

As an example, if you're still running an exterminator business as you once said you were, although in semi-retirement I may not be massively out-earning you, my income is still probably higher than yours.

And let's be clear. I don't begrudge anyone having the profession of their choice or doing the best they're capable of since none of us entered the workforce under identical circumstances. What I DO object to, however, is your comment that anyone who isn't self employed is a "drone wage slave." So stating is not just demeaning, it's absolutely phucking stupid.

Boom goes the dynamite.

20 hours ago, CPslograd said:

What's alarming is that apparently we had no Intel on this at all.  Didn't know they were about to do it, didn't know they had the capability to be that accurate and precise on targeting, didn't know nothing.  There was an interesting article in Israeli press about their alarm on our lack of intelligence on this.

Btw, if someone launched a cruise missile at long beach tomorrow we wouldn't be able to stop it either.  Unless we had an idea it was coming.  It's a little more complicated than just saying the Saudi military is inept.

Sir, your first paragraph I agree with...which is definitely alarming. 

To your last sentence ... the Saudi military IS inept. I trust my brothers analysis. He spent many years there before going to Dubai and Bahrain.  Training said countries military on the usage of the weapons systems they purchased. He has first hand on the ground/classroom intel.   And it's not positive.

7 hours ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

I have zero doubt that The San Diegan earns more than you do and other than students who might come here, I suspect every Aztec on this board does.

As an example, if you're still running an exterminator business as you once said you were, although in semi-retirement I may not be massively out-earning you, my income is still probably higher than yours.

And let's be clear. I don't begrudge anyone having the profession of their choice or doing the best they're capable of since none of us entered the workforce under identical circumstances. What I DO object to, however, is your comment that anyone who isn't self employed is a "drone wage slave." So stating is not just demeaning, it's absolutely phucking stupid.

You live in California.   I win.

You are a wage slave.  No difference between you and the historical positions of peasants, serfs or slaves.   You are dependent on others for your lively hood.   You can object all you want, it is just the facts.

You would thank businessmen like me for supporting you, if you had any grace at all.   Instead you are just a jealous fool.

22 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I already told you in a previous thread how my uncle used to take me rabbit hunting and taught me how to field dress a rabbit.

But as I don't live in a bunker in some shithole dystopian desert wasteland, I just go to the store now to procure meat.

And considering you don't have the first f*cking clue what I paid for so much as a single one of the pieces I've collected over the last 25-30 years, you're not really not in a position to assess how good or bad of a value any of my procurements were. For instance, I have one Scottish dirk that is currently valued somewhere between $10K-$12K for which I paid $1,300.  Or my "best" nihonto, which in polish is a $20,000 blade for which I paid less than $500 (though to bring it in polish would cost me at least $4K).

But on the bright side, at least we established you don't know shit about knives. We'll always have that.

The only thing we have established is you don't know shit about the value of money.

Knives are tools.  I used mine to dress 6 chukar and 9 quail today.   You used yours to waste good money you will never see again.

32 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

The only thing we have established is you don't know shit about the value of money.

Knives are tools.  I used mine to dress 6 chukar and 9 quail today.   You used yours to waste good money you will never see again.

I respect your lifestyle of austerity, blue. But you're a complete ingrate. And mentally retarded. Like full, helmet-wearing, short-bus riding, Rainman f*cking retarded.

You've already demonstrated you don't know jack shit about knives. We've established that.

Now you're demonstrating you don't know jack shit about economics. 

Like I said, you don't have the first clue what I'm into these for. But just for shits and giggles, let me explain how it works.

I acquired most of my pieces by buying out collections, large or small, in part or in whole. I would assimilate the top 10% into my own collection, and sell the rest. It was not uncommon to not only leverage my acquisition cost in whole, but to double, or even triple my out of pocket cost. I could dump everything right now and it's all house money. 

Here's one example. Like I said, I acquired a Japanese nihonto (mentioned upthread) for less than $500. It was one of three swords for which I paid $800 in total. I recovered my cost by selling the other two, as this was the one I wanted to keep. I've turned down $6K for it. 

And I didn't just do this with edged weapons; I like art. I sent one item to auction earlier this year that hammered for mid-five figures. Over the years I'm guessing I've turned more pieces than I've kept.  

But thanks for the financial advice blue. You rock on, quaker.

20 hours ago, toonkee said:

Trump sez the saudis are paying the us now for the escalation of our military involvement. 

Sez the saudis buy a lot of military equipment from us.

So our troops are for hire now? We’re not even going to pretend there’s some righteousness cause? 

I mean, one of his closest NatSec advisers during the campaign (and beyond) is/was Erik Prince, so this attitude shouldn't really surprise anyone.