Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSanDiegan

Hey Trump supporters who were cheerleading our withdrawal from N Syria

3 minutes ago, MetropolitanCowboy said:

Why do you have to be a "nuthugger" to want to get out of NE Syria? Can one not support Trump and still support a withdrawal? The logic here is flawed. 

We had something like at most 2,000 spec ops troops in Syria who were there to train the Kurds and to provide disincentive to Turkey to attack them. I'm all for bringing our soldiers home from all over the world, but Syria was a really tiny amount of soldiers as compared to the rest of the world. 

3 minutes ago, MetropolitanCowboy said:

Why do you have to be a "nuthugger" to want to get out of NE Syria? Can one not support Trump and still support a withdrawal? The logic here is flawed. 

It's not that I don't support a withdrawal. I don't support a withdrawal without an exit plan also I don't support a withdrawal because Turkey told us to.

1 hour ago, MetropolitanCowboy said:

You don't. I'm as happy as a Nuthugger that they're coming home. I do, however, find fault with the process and the lack of consideration for our allies.

Your presentation of my "logic" is flawed, not my original question, which still stands... if - if - you consider yourself a Trump blind loyalist (read: Trump Nuthugger), how do you feel about him deploying twice as many troops to the ME as he's bringing home?

It's an entirely valid question, though I can understand how the cognitive dissonance might be hard to process for the TNH crowd.

ETA: I'm not suggesting in any way you're a Trump Nuthugger and mean "you" in the greater sense - my apologies if my comments came off as directed at you personally.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

The circlejerk in the other thread was disconcerting, even if you do agree with the policy

Grown-man cheerleaders are unseemly

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

2 hours ago, retrofade said:

We had something like at most 2,000 spec ops troops in Syria who were there to train the Kurds and to provide disincentive to Turkey to attack them. I'm all for bringing our soldiers home from all over the world, but Syria was a really tiny amount of soldiers as compared to the rest of the world. 

No you aren't.  Every time Trump tries to withdraw troops hypocrites like you are all upset.  You have history on this board hypocrite, you can't run from it.

2 hours ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

The circlejerk in the other thread was disconcerting, even if you do agree with the policy

Grown-man cheerleaders are unseemly

What is unseemly is the totally hypocrisy of people like you.

There is no low you won't achieve if you think it gives "your side", a political advantage.   The funny part is you aren't even aware enough to know what "your side", stands for.

I oppose Trump on many issues, I wouldn't vote for him to be dog catcher.  Yet when he does something right I acknowledge it because unlike you I am not a morally and emotionally crippled idiot.

Guest #1Stunner
6 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

You need to learn to keep up with the class, kiddo.

Screen-Shot-2019-10-11-at-1-02-12-PM.png

At least read the OP ffs.

Got to protect the Saudi oil fields from another drone attack, or else the price of gas will go up again, and people in El Cajon will riot. 

8 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

So you oppose deploying these 2,000 troops to the Gulf then, right? :hmmm:

Yes.  We sell them enough weapons they should be able to defend their own oil fields. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

21 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Yeah. Long-term U.S military presence in the Middle East has been a complete detriment. The whole idea that our troops are needed occupy these countries for decades to fight in these "forever wars" in Syria, Afghanistan, Iraq, etc is to prevent more "forever wars" between them just doesn't sit well with me. If anything, U.S presence has prevented any potential diplomacy between the Kurds and Syrians. 

and frankly, I really don't give a f*ck if they fight with eachother. Just as long as no one from OUR TEAM gets killed. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

1 hour ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Don't you?

The President of the United States Barack Obama greets King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia.

Muhammah Diyab, a commentator in a Saudi paper, approved of Mr Obama's gesture, and saw it as a clear bow. "Obama wished to demonstrate his respect and appreciation of the personality of King Abdullah Bin Abdulaziz, 

The White House denied that the president bowed during a meeting on the sidelines of the London conference, though photographs show Mr Obama at least stooped significantly before the 84-year-old monarch.

"It wasn't a bow. He grasped his hand with two hands, and he's taller than King Abdullah," an Obama aide told Politico.com.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/barackobama/5128171/Barack-Obama-criticised-for-bowing-to-King-Abdullah-of-Saudi-Arabia.html