Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

Beto O'Rourke: Churches should be taxed if they refuse to support gay marriage

2 hours ago, mugtang said:

I say we eliminate tax exempt status for everybody. Unions, planned parenthood, churches, colleges. Everybody. 

What about charitable organizations that do a great job of being very efficient o. Their admin expenses and distribute a lot of money for social good? 

Just now, bornontheblue said:

What about charitable organizations that do a great job of being very efficient o. Their admin expenses and distribute a lot of money for social good? 

Tax exempt organizations are required to distribute all of their revenue.  If they lost that exemption they still wouldn’t pay taxes as their expenses would still equal their revenues.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

9 hours ago, mugtang said:

Donations would be considered revenue. But in reality they can eliminate any tax via expenses.   Non-profits typically have to expend any revenue they receive so there wouldn’t be much of a change for them.  But pastors shouldn’t have the special tax benefits that they get now for example a housing allowance that they’re paid is tax free but if I got paid that I’d get taxed on that.  

@#1Stunner   haven't seen you respond. Do you disagree that pastors shouldn't be given special privilege?  It's your thread afterall. Buck up. 

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

@#1Stunner   haven't seen you respond. Do you disagree that pastors shouldn't be given special privilege?  It's your thread afterall. Buck up. 

Sorry, I wasn't aware that someone asked me something.

I don't think that pastors should get special tax breaks, no.  

2 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Sorry, I wasn't aware that someone asked me something.

I don't think that pastors should get special tax breaks, no.  

Your secretary is not on her/his A game. Lord Mug asked. 

Since Beto is going to have to get a real job in the near future, someone tell him that all guns were just banned, and then offer him big bucks to go door to door demanding them in the towns throughout the southern states. 

He might make it through 0.1 of his first hour, but go ahead and donate the few bucks he made to pay for a 10 gun salute at his burial. 

kat.jpg

On 10/11/2019 at 10:59 AM, mugtang said:

I say we eliminate tax exempt status for everybody. Unions, planned parenthood, churches, colleges. Everybody. 

I think this is something to consider.   A lot of "nonprofits" are just ways to extract money from well meaning donors in order to give the money to crook administrators who suck most of the tax exempt income as personal enrichment.  Taxpayers shouldn't be subsidizing Jimmy Swaggerts mansions.  People with a vow of poverty should already have plenty of room in the tax code not to pay income taxes.   Churches should already have plenty of valid expenses and nonprofits should be able to demonstrate enough expenses doing their missions to not show taxable income. 

Posted Image

Beto’s only chance to stay in the Dem race would be to announce that he’s gay and has a partner that he loves even more than Butgieg’s squeeze.

And then claim that he used to be a woman. And maybe even falsify some DNA testing that shows that he’s a melting pot of Black, Hispanic, Indian, Illegal Alien, etc. and has absolutely no ‘white boy’ in him at all. “White boy cells are just cancer cells to me”, says Beto. “Not only that, but with all the death and destruction being at the hands of ‘white boys’ in world history, I consider these WB cells to be terrorist cells. I refuse to be involved with terrorist cells.”

kat.jpg

16 minutes ago, MetropolitanCowboy said:

This is why the darlings of the left are going to have a hard slog come next November. These things sound good to the crazies on the coasts, but are things that most sensible people are going to look at with googly eyes. 

Both Warren and Pete have said thanks but no thanks to this idea. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater