Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crixus

Alex Trebek, Nearing The End

Unfortunately, Alex Trebek's pancreatic cancer has reared it's ugly head again. :( https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/alex-trebek-says-hes-nearing-151600051.html

Damn, that was hard to read. I love the guy, he has been an inspiration to many and I love Jeopardy. The game isn't over yet though, he still has some fight left in him. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

11 hours ago, ridgeview2 said:

Damn, that was hard to read. I love the guy, he has been an inspiration to many and I love Jeopardy. The game isn't over yet though, he still has some fight left in him. 

I feel the same way, I got choked up reading it. I don't know Alex personally, but after 35 + years of watching the show I sure feel like it. As millions of others do too.

On 10/10/2019 at 9:48 PM, ridgeview2 said:

He can have all the fight in the world.... Stage 4 Pancreatic  wins every time. 

I was also a big fan and believe he left the world a little better place. 

15 minutes ago, tspoke said:

We don't deserve Alex. Keep up the fight.

I love that man.

I don’t know much about hockey, but America is willing to trade at least 10 all stars for Trebek to Canada right now. And if they say no, we must invade.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

What a great guy. 

About 10 years ago I was having major abdominal pain and they did an MRI. They noticed an 8mm long abnormality on my pancreas, but they needed a closeup MRI of the area. After it was done I talked to the tech that could see the images as they were taken, and was trying to get him to give me an opinion on what he saw. He said he couldn’t and was quiet and a bit cold. So that really scared me. My aunt had recently died of it, and that also had me worried. 

But sitting in my docs office and waiting for him to come in with the results and basically tell me if I was going to live or die.......that was the worst. I was sweating bricks. He walked in with a smile on his face and I knew instantly there wasn’t bad news and there wasn’t. Party time!!

kat.jpg

Last night on KABC News Channel 7 in Los Angeles they updated Trebek's health status. Alex told the reporter that the Doctor's expected he'd be dead six months ago and they can't really explain why he's not. Alex said that it's because of all the prayers he's received and his positive attitude. And I agree. My Grandmother was given six months to live when she had cancer and she lived another ten years. She had a lot of people praying for her and she had a positive attitude too. It worked for her and it's working for Alex. :)

10 hours ago, crixus said:

Last night on KABC News Channel 7 in Los Angeles they updated Trebek's health status. Alex told the reporter that the Doctor's expected he'd be dead six months ago and they can't really explain why he's not. Alex said that it's because of all the prayers he's received and his positive attitude. And I agree. My Grandmother was given six months to live when she had cancer and she lived another ten years. She had a lot of people praying for her and she had a positive attitude too. It worked for her and it's working for Alex. :)

I sure hope so. He’s a classy human being. My next door neighbor was given six months and lasted about that long. It’s one of the more deadly cancers.