Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

calspartan

Most heated rivalry in the MWC

CSU’s rivalry with Wyoming pales in comparison to their bitter hate-filled rivalry with Minnesota. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

46 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

It could just as easily be a combination of Bronco and nightmare. Shall I also assume that Jeffkills is a serial killer? It's a screen name for f' sake. 

To be on the safe side, yes.

As for rivalries all I got to say is it sucks to be a sheep.  Though it is tough playing second fiddle to Minnesota.  (Damn it BSU...)

How about inter vs intra state rivalries?  In some cases like Michigan vs Mich St/Ohio St there is not near the animosity between the Michigan schools as each has for Ohio State.  On the flip side you have rivalries like Montana - Montana State that are just gold.  My thoughts is while history, tradition, of the game itself all has a role, but what really makes a rivalry is cultural differences between the fans that permeates the lives outside the game.  

55 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

It could just as easily be a combination of Bronco and nightmare. Shall I also assume that Jeffkills is a serial killer? It's a screen name for f' sake. 

You are so right, the Bronco's are a nightmare for UNR!!

down in a hole.jpg

1 hour ago, Bob said:

CSU fans think know they are too good for Wyoming. Wyoming fans hate CSU because of cultural differences. That's a good rivalry. 

^^^^^^

FIFY

FSU fans love to downplay the SJSU FSU rivalry, however as seen on this board many FSU fans are quick to show their hatred for SJSU. I have some relatives that live in the Fresno area and many of them discuss their desire to beat SJSU. That said I do not think the rivalry is as heated as it once was. Outside of the Fales vs Carr showdown there have not been enough games that mattered, and the rivalry has been fairly lopsided. So I still think this is a great rivalry but likely far from the most heated. It sure would be fun for it to become more heated.

4 hours ago, Slapdad said:

Have you not seen his regular avatar? More like cereal killer...

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

3 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Boise vs the entire MW is the answer. We're everyone's team they wanna beat. 

Meh I want Wyoming to beat every team they play.   If I had to pick winning against CSU or Boise State and losing to the other I will pick getting the bronze boot every time.  Of course would prefer winning both, but if I had to pick one definitely beating CSU.

9 hours ago, Broncomare said:

Isn't this the oldest rivalry west of the Mississippi? 

USU vs Utah started in 1892

OSU vs Oregon started in 1892

Stanford vs Cal started in 1894

BYU vs Utah started in 1896.  

If there is something older than 1892(west of Mississippi) not sure what it is.

@BSUTOP25 what year did CSU Vs Minny start? Any idea what the total amount of fans connected to this game is?