Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV at Vanderbilt

congrats UNLV! While Vandy isn't very good beating a SEC squad on the road is always a good thing.

I will admit if Vandy fired their coach I would be worried about Norvell leaving Memphis. Vandy is an $EC squad with low expectations coupled with strong academics in a nice city.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

Got to give Sanchez a little credit. He said this week they had to get back to being a running team and v of course that's what they did. The effectiveness of the run allowed the receivers to get a little space and oblad was able to make a couple more throws Rogers might have blown. Really happy for the guys, it's got to be hard to keep getting up off the mat. Any p5 scalp, even one from a crappy team, is a big deal for UNLV. 

24 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

congrats UNLV! While Vandy isn't very good beating a SEC squad on the road is always a good thing.

I will admit if Vandy fired their coach I would be worried about Norvell leaving Memphis. Vandy is an $EC squad with low expectations coupled with strong academics in a nice city.

Not a big win had BSU or maybe Fresno St won there.............but UNLV? Yeah, it's a nice win as it's MWC #12 vs SEC #12 and that is a decent win for UNLV as Vandy might be a middling MWC team if they played in the MWC 

1 hour ago, Rosegreen said:

Maybe (emphasis on MAYBE) 2 wins tops (Hawaii and SJSU). Unlv played a bad team and that team was poorly coached today. Before today UNLV was allowing 37 points a game and scoring less than 20. 

Beating Vanderbilt ends a P5 drought but that’s as far as it goes. It’s not some launch point to a bowl game. 

I think CSEwe might be the most winnable game left.

And, I apologize for opining without having said-

REBELS!!! REBELS!!! REBELS!!!

U! N! L! V! UNLV GO FIGHT AND WIN!!!

:cheer:

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

2 hours ago, Rosegreen said:

Bowl game isn’t guaranteed even if he goes 6-6 because the UNLV fan base doesn’t travel. 

She’s not gonna fire him for being left out of a bowl game despite being bowl eligible.  It’s beyond his control at that point.

1 hour ago, UNLV2001 said:

Not a big win had BSU or maybe Fresno St won there.............but UNLV? Yeah, it's a nice win as it's MWC #12 vs SEC #12 and that is a decent win for UNLV as Vandy might be a middling MWC team if they played in the MWC 

it's kinda like when Memphis beat Kansas in football at the Liberty Bowl...It's fun putting a P5 in it's place and reminding the SEC in this case (Big 12 in our case) that there isn't much difference between a middling AAC or MWC squad and a low level Big 12 or SEC team.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

2 hours ago, HawaiiMongoose said:

Well done Rebels!  Congratulations!

I believe that improves the the MWC’s record against the SEC to 3-2.  I wonder, does any other conference have a winning record this season against the blue bloods of college football?

Wyoming over Mizzou

SJSU over Arkansas

UNLV over Vandy

3 hours ago, toonkee said:

Got to give Sanchez a little credit.

Top 5 all time wins Unlv

Top 3 P5 wins Unlv

Tough to get rid of guy on the verge of re-writing Unlv record books.  

Plus the guy builds facilities.  How do they do better than this.  I think he stays.  Another great win. 

21 minutes ago, slappy said:

Top 5 all time wins Unlv

Top 3 P5 wins Unlv

Tough to get rid of guy on the verge of re-writing Unlv record books.  

Plus the guy builds facilities.  How do they do better than this.  I think he stays.  Another great win. 

maybe win more than 2 or 3 games? :shrug: