Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wyoguns

SDSU???

7 hours ago, GoPokes86 said:

I do think the Wyoming rushing game will be the best that SDSU has faced this year, and having everybody healthy will be important for the Pokes. The Wyoming d-line should be able to get pressure on Agnew too. If you like football from the 1950s, this will be a fun one! 

Not sure if serious.

Boom goes the dynamite.

On 10/8/2019 at 7:16 AM, Wyoguns said:

Just wondering where all the chest pounding Spaztec fans are?  I figured with the Pokes and Tecs both 4-1 there would be a little shit talking going on by now.  I'm going with the Pokes in this one...  21-17

SDSU should win this one in a ugly to watch game. I guess by 10 sounds about right

I was worried about this game a few weeks ago, but now not so much. After watching SDSU’s performance last week against CSU I think this is a very winnable game for Wyoming. Nothing is given with our offense though. The team to have a couple breakaway plays takes home the W.

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

19 hours ago, Rev McQuervo said:

Lassard and Washington back at RB for the Aztecs, same could be said for the Pokes...

Last I heard, Washington was still iffy.

After really looking at things, i think this should be a fun, low-scoring, physical, old school game. We'll find out if SDSU's defense is for real, as they really haven't played anyone with a rush offense pulse. All of the Aztecs' wins have come against opponents with a combined total of 6 wins, including a 3 win FCS team (Weber State, who they managed to score 6 points against). Wyoming's wins have come against teams with a combined 11 wins including the team currently sitting at #1 in the SEC East. 'Pokes sole loss came on the road, and, quite honestly, was the result of horribly timed turnovers.

Aztecs haven't faced a serious running QB all season, and while Wyoming's Sean Chambers' passing game hasn't been par for FBS, since returning to the game in Tulsa, his completion rate has jumped to 48%. Wyoming's receivers have also shown improvement in pulling in the ones that should be easy and have begun to show some ability to make the tough ones in coverage. The O-line is healthy, and is good at giving Chambers room to work. Our d-line and linebackers are a nasty unit, good at corralling the opponent's backfield. Our secondary is young, suspect, but quick, and standout CB Tyler Hall will be back for this game. He's a solid return threat as well.

On the Aztecs' side, their defensive front looks scary quick to the ball. A suspect secondary is helped tremendously by a line and LBs who excel in pressure against QBs. If they get that done against Wyoming, it's going to be extremely hard for Wyoming to find ways to score. However, like I pointed out before, they haven't faced anyone with a respectable running game thus far. If Chambers starts hitting receivers, SDSU will have to drop into coverage, giving up space for Valladay and Chambers to run.

Agnew is what I would refer to as a solid worker, capable of connecting with some decent receivers, and, like I said, Wyoming's secondary is the main factor in our "bend-but-don't-break" pass defense. They're prone to giving up yardage on a long field, but once they're in the red zone compression, Wyoming front lines can take away a lot of play options and get to the QB early and often. If SDSU's running game continues to struggle, and here they're facing the #14 rush defense in the country, Wyoming will be in the game to the end. If Wyoming struggles to contain the run, Agnew will end up scoring with his arm and it could be a long day for 'Pokes fans.

Here's to a tough-fought, well-played game in front of enough fans to make it feel like a real game to the Cowboys!

GO 'POKES!!!

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

3 hours ago, Wyovanian said:

Last I heard, Washington was still iffy.

After really looking at things, i think this should be a fun, low-scoring, physical, old school game. We'll find out if SDSU's defense is for real, as they really haven't played anyone with a rush offense pulse. All of the Aztecs' wins have come against opponents with a combined total of 6 wins, including a 3 win FCS team (Weber State, who they managed to score 6 points against). Wyoming's wins have come against teams with a combined 11 wins including the team currently sitting at #1 in the SEC East. 'Pokes sole loss came on the road, and, quite honestly, was the result of horribly timed turnovers.

Aztecs haven't faced a serious running QB all season, and while Wyoming's Sean Chambers' passing game hasn't been par for FBS, since returning to the game in Tulsa, his completion rate has jumped to 48%. Wyoming's receivers have also shown improvement in pulling in the ones that should be easy and have begun to show some ability to make the tough ones in coverage. The O-line is healthy, and is good at giving Chambers room to work. Our d-line and linebackers are a nasty unit, good at corralling the opponent's backfield. Our secondary is young, suspect, but quick, and standout CB Tyler Hall will be back for this game. He's a solid return threat as well.

On the Aztecs' side, their defensive front looks scary quick to the ball. A suspect secondary is helped tremendously by a line and LBs who excel in pressure against QBs. If they get that done against Wyoming, it's going to be extremely hard for Wyoming to find ways to score. However, like I pointed out before, they haven't faced anyone with a respectable running game thus far. If Chambers starts hitting receivers, SDSU will have to drop into coverage, giving up space for Valladay and Chambers to run.

Agnew is what I would refer to as a solid worker, capable of connecting with some decent receivers, and, like I said, Wyoming's secondary is the main factor in our "bend-but-don't-break" pass defense. They're prone to giving up yardage on a long field, but once they're in the red zone compression, Wyoming front lines can take away a lot of play options and get to the QB early and often. If SDSU's running game continues to struggle, and here they're facing the #14 rush defense in the country, Wyoming will be in the game to the end. If Wyoming struggles to contain the run, Agnew will end up scoring with his arm and it could be a long day for 'Pokes fans.

Here's to a tough-fought, well-played game in front of enough fans to make it feel like a real game to the Cowboys!

GO 'POKES!!!

There is nothing suspect about our secondary it is the strongest part of the team with exception of linebackers. Preseason Phil Steele ranked it number two tied with Boise state.god know we have alot of other things you could calls suspect.(like The entire offense):pullhair:

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

I'd love to jump on the bandwagon and make fun of Wyoming's quarterbacking which is probably a 2.0 on a 10 scale.

However, since SDSU's quarterbacking is about a 3.25 so doing would be a bit hypocritical.

Boom goes the dynamite.

2 hours ago, steveem said:

There is nothing suspect about our secondary it is the strongest part of the team with exception of linebackers. Preseason Phil Steele ranked it number two tied with Boise state.god know we have alot of other things you could calls suspect.(like The entire offense):pullhair:

A pass defense not even ranked in the top 50 is one of your greatest strengths?

1 hour ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

I'd love to jump on the bandwagon and make fun of Wyoming's quarterbacking which is probably a 2.0 on a 10 scale.

However, since SDSU's quarterbacking is about a 3.25 so doing would be a bit hypocritical.

Hey, at least our QB can run...

Good luck to the Cowboys .  This is about what I expected San Diego state has the worst offense in the country. Too Boring will take the year off and follow Int lRugby. if they hire new offensive coaches and get a good QB from the portal maybe I will follow them some nest year..

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche