Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Malik Henry to start vs SJSU

6 hours ago, battle.borne said:

He was a high profile FSU recruit who was dismissed from the Seminoles. FSU fans are curious about this game.

He was the most talked about "character" in the history of Last Chance U. Fans of the show are curious about the game.

Scouts who loved Henry coming out of high school will be curious about this game.

Imo, there is serious intrigue surrounding Henry from disparate parts of the college football world.

Very well said. 

kat.jpg

10 hours ago, PackNation said:

Is it Mumme? Read and heard the same thing about Rolo when he was the O.C. 

Maybe it's Mumme, maybe he is doing what he is told. Roll sure isn't running the same offense he did while at Nevada. 

The difference: Mumme is running his own offense with input from Norvell.  Rolo was brought in under a “I need you to run my offense, while I maintain veto power over your play calls” kind of deal.

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg

3 hours ago, bornsilverandblue said:

The difference: Mumme is running his own offense with input from Norvell.  Rolo was brought in under a “I need you to run my offense, while I maintain veto power over your play calls” kind of deal.

Well right now Mumme's offense is just offensive. Hopefully the offense from top to bottom including Mumme's play calling gets better Saturday.

1 hour ago, bornsilverandblue said:

He must not run his offense like his dad, or he isn't getting to run it exact how he wants to.  

1 hour ago, westfan said:

As this game draws closer, I'm nervous about Henry, he has the talent to be  a potential star at Nevada. Still I get the feeling something is missing or not quite right, I hope he makes me eat my concerns. :sorry:

I have no doubt that the Nevada coaching staff reviewed the film of San Jose State's game against New Mexico and saw how much success New Mexico's back-up QB Sherron Jones had running the football against the Spartans (11 carries, 104 yards in basically one half). His issue was in the passing game (3 Int's). I'm sure the Nevada coaches are hoping that Henry may be able to use his legs with enough success that it sets up the pass. Based purely on Henry's lack of experience at the FBS level, I'll be surprised if he finds success just drop back and reading through his progressions before passing. However, he might very well be successful with a run-first approach. 

Champ Logo.jpg

6 hours ago, westfan said:

As this game draws closer, I'm nervous about Henry, he has the talent to be  a potential star at Nevada. Still I get the feeling something is missing or not quite right, I hope he makes me eat my concerns. :sorry:

Would you be less nervous if someone else was starting?

On 10/7/2019 at 6:15 PM, mugtang said:

If Henry plays well I hope we stick with him the rest of the year. 

I think our only chance to win is if your Pack is turnover prone tomorrow.