Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Malik Henry to start vs SJSU

4 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

I'm not so sure. When I was at the Oregon game, some random Duck fan came up to me in the beer line just to talk to me about Malik Henry. I never watched the show, so I don't quite get it, but there is at least some interest out there. 

He was a high profile FSU recruit who was dismissed from the Seminoles. FSU fans are curious about this game.

He was the most talked about "character" in the history of Last Chance U. Fans of the show are curious about the game.

Scouts who loved Henry coming out of high school will be curious about this game.

Imo, there is serious intrigue surrounding Henry from disparate parts of the college football world.

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

1 hour ago, Rebels18 said:

finally they give the people what they want! Keeping a headcase 5-star on the bench was such a lost opportunity. I bet ticket sales get a big boost due to this announcement on Saturday. 

People love to watch a train wreck. 

14 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Outside of people who post on this board I doubt very seriously anyone cares. Now, he’ll get some attention if he plays well... or horrible. 

Last Chance U was a big deal. Everyone in football watched that shit. One of the early storylines in Hard Knocks w/ the Raiders was centered around one of the Last Chance U kids. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

29 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Outside of people who post on this board I doubt very seriously anyone cares. Now, he’ll get some attention if he plays well... or horrible. 

Disagree. People are really curious about this kid and whether he can actually play and not alienate his coaches and teammates.

I’d be following his progress if he was on, say, ECU, or NMSU, or some place like that.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

26 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

Last Chance U was a big deal. Everyone in football watched that shit. One of the early storylines in Hard Knocks w/ the Raiders was centered around one of the Last Chance U kids. 

Everyone? Last chance U?! Come on... adults don’t watch that garbage!? 😂

35 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Everyone? Last chance U?! Come on... adults don’t watch that garbage!? 😂

It got tens of millions of views and nominated for an Emmy. It was viewed for more than background noise during a Netflix and chill session, my dude. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

33 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

People love to watch a train wreck. 

People also love a good comeback story.  So either way will be watched.

---

This dude was huge in 2016.  Had offers from Florida State, Notre Dame, Auburn, Michigan State, Texas, USC, and damn near everyone else.
Here's the top QBs that year:

1. Shea Patterson (#16 Michigan starter)

2. Jacob Eason (Washington starter)

3. KJ Costello (Stanford injured starter)

4. Malik Henry

5. Felipe Franks (#7 Florida starter)

6. Brandon Peters (Illinois injured starter)

7. Dwayne Haskins (1st round NFL draft pick with Washington Redskins)

8 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

It got tens of millions of views and nominated for an Emmy. It was viewed for more than background noise for a Netflix and chill session, my dude. 

Coach Brown blowup at Coach Frank Diaz regarding Malik Henry being late,

“F**kin' tired of this shit man! Like everybody’s f**kin' late! What the f**k’s goin on?! Hey, was Malik Henry on f**kin' time to class today?! F**k naw he wasn’t, motherf**ker. That’s the only f**kin’ guy you’re responsible for!” (Bang) “The motherf**ker’s late!” (Breaking stuff) "Man, f**k this f**kin' shit man. (Door kick, door slam) "You guys gotta handle your f**kin' business man! Get the f**k right!  (Door slam) “F**kin' feel sorry motherf**kers, go home then.  Hey, by the way Frank, I can call offense, coach the QBs, coach the f**kin' wide outs, I can do all that shit, but you want a D1 job?! F**k outta here man. You motherf**ksers have no clue. If my 50yr old coach checks classes again without my young f**kin' dude, you’re fired. Because I can do it my f**kin' self. If you think I’m an asshole, go the f**k home. You got me f**ked up man. Take your ass home then." (Door slam)

2 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

Norvell has bungled the QB rotation all three years he’s been here. Not good. 

It might be easier to figure out the QB situation if he could ever decide on an offensive identity.

It's so frustrating, wtf are we, a power run team or an air raid team?

49 minutes ago, renoskier said:

It might be easier to figure out the QB situation if he could ever decide on an offensive identity.

If Henry plays well I hope we stick with him the rest of the year. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 hours ago, renoskier said:

We'll make you look like a power running team no matter what you run this weekend.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

4 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Also, Frank Diaz got a GA job at FAU under Lane Kiffen (probably had a lot to do with the show).

https://fausports.com/staff.aspx?staff=515

Doubt it. It probably had more to do affordability. Also his ties to CA don't hurt. Even though Florida produces D1 talent, a connection to CA or TX never hurts in the recruiting world.

6 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

Norvell has bungled the QB rotation all three years he’s been here. Not good. 

That’s the QB Coach, aka Mumme.  How many guys have they started at QB in the last 2.5 years?

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg

4 hours ago, Lester_in_reno said:

Agreed.  Mumme has no idea WTH he is doing. 

Is it Mumme? Read and heard the same thing about Rolo when he was the O.C. 

Maybe it's Mumme, maybe he is doing what he is told. Roll sure isn't running the same offense he did while at Nevada.