Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crixus

Will Trump Resign?

A former executive of his thinks he will. https://news.yahoo.com/barbara-res-trump-prediction-080510135.html

PdsTettqDgGxzmH-p6IQqpjaG6HWhyDL72EygNz2z4k9X88CWMZsv_4SB_Uljjc6_YOCI5K3CP_px8bJuRHzhM4NA5s7rF6fG4b4oxDxlzFR-Yjh9YEi-DlFDCy85oCK4wNyinDT3xuEE5Jqm7z-0jeNSmss1Brt_S6WKXIiqe2QeyqfFm6WRlYlHhfjknnRuFDphV9h1v1hv3lVBol9bDu-BUE4PjXqyrb7EYb8q6nmpzceAUXLlJKsdE8poa2h6iXuTEe1sXoAzStn3TZL2XUlmF1Kul3KKezkQsu_o7G3d91NSmHL0JL0qzcQ-SlyHuz_Wl7D8Ag_cmXkSn2Xkn0ZWQTHccLXFtVU_pmDp6KP5eLjcg1XcnkmWhcqVwGKdbYPj9H9APjWMBGpXUrfDicQ9x4NMeNiHLkM3FtjzSCakb43zumPfsCVf3C0OF4DRZg2-tK18JB3HqInUr7GYMES4MOQD3Uitb1ZDuqaizquGsYhiXMio32y_iiyA3a-Mu5EbjJ6YuWs_Ady3GaXJcNSwaOsiH5ELNMzEW6C9Wg7vCz-WhKi1XapARViRzi5l3PUrGvFURwn0eeJUVIlYNz6w3w1INvB705Mhb0Dzh1ZUq3M7E3LkVaklaGR-MqpzxYBR8Y7HTVIcMpSWQvENTnkq9ssymtb_O6nqnTWSm-Ap5Fk8mh2x8g=s250-no

Guest #1Stunner

Trump won't resign.

Hell...he won't even lose the impeachment proceeding (if it ever happens).

And, if Elizabeth Warren is the Democratic nominee there is a strong likelihood that Trump gets reelected.  Hopefully a moderate like Howard Shultz decides to run as an Independent if Elizabeth Warren is the nominee.   Otherwise, the election will once again be a decision between two idiots.

Based on currently available information, no.  But if worse stuff comes out it’s entirely possible.  I still believe the best option here is to trade a pardon (including state level pardons from the governors) for a resignation.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, mugtang said:

Based on currently available information, no.  But if worse stuff comes out it’s entirely possible.  I still believe the best option here is to trade a pardon (including state level pardons from the governors) for a resignation.  

I don't think Trump would ever agree to this, unless it included an NDA over the agreement with him admitting no guilt over anything, and saying he was resigning by choice and not because he did anything wrong ( still unlikely ).

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

Think you could be right...........trump will fight and bluster as long as he still thinks he's got a chance, but when the reality hits home, he could cave just like he does with his lawsuits.

I've said a few times that trump is unhinged enough that he's likely to stay in office regardless, which if left to his own devices could be a possibility............but if his circle of advisors and confidants have any sense of "country" over loyalty to trump, then he could just fold his tent and resign...........one thing to consider is how deep Pence is in this mess. Nixon lost his elected VP Agnew before the Watergate scandal hit and Gerry Ford was appointed and not under any scrutiny..............if Pence is cleared then the pardon deal will be set up, where trump resigns and Pence within days pardons him. 

Could all come down to who's in the VP seat as the heat get hotter 

1 hour ago, Mano said:

I don't think Trump would ever agree to this, unless it included an NDA over the agreement with him admitting no guilt over anything, and saying he was resigning by choice and not because he did anything wrong ( still unlikely ).

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

Not sure the state on NY would agree to any hands off agreement - State of NY is where trump could get nailed if the congressional stuff is wiped away with a resignation & subsequent pardon 

30 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Not sure the state on NY would agree to any hands off agreement - State of NY is where trump could get nailed if the congressional stuff is wiped away with a resignation & subsequent pardon 

I don't know, but they may deem it to be worth preventing any further damage to the country. 

I'm a desperate man
The shit has hit the fan

4 hours ago, Mano said:

I don't know, but they may deem it to be worth preventing any further damage to the country. 

I don't know, once trump is back in the private sector NY could still give him fits...................but the "damage to the country" thinking is what some said was the reason Obama didn't make any overtures to go after the Bush administration over the Iraq fiasco and the sell job that preceded it.

I just hope trump's kicked to the curb by voters and he leaves in a somewhat normal fashion...........but the post election twitter rage & meltdown from trump will be one for the record books 

The two and a half months between November election day to January 21 2021 could be the most interesting, whacky, dangerous, stupid and entertaining time in US history 

10 hours ago, crixus said:

A former executive of his thinks he will. https://news.yahoo.com/barbara-res-trump-prediction-080510135.html

PdsTettqDgGxzmH-p6IQqpjaG6HWhyDL72EygNz2z4k9X88CWMZsv_4SB_Uljjc6_YOCI5K3CP_px8bJuRHzhM4NA5s7rF6fG4b4oxDxlzFR-Yjh9YEi-DlFDCy85oCK4wNyinDT3xuEE5Jqm7z-0jeNSmss1Brt_S6WKXIiqe2QeyqfFm6WRlYlHhfjknnRuFDphV9h1v1hv3lVBol9bDu-BUE4PjXqyrb7EYb8q6nmpzceAUXLlJKsdE8poa2h6iXuTEe1sXoAzStn3TZL2XUlmF1Kul3KKezkQsu_o7G3d91NSmHL0JL0qzcQ-SlyHuz_Wl7D8Ag_cmXkSn2Xkn0ZWQTHccLXFtVU_pmDp6KP5eLjcg1XcnkmWhcqVwGKdbYPj9H9APjWMBGpXUrfDicQ9x4NMeNiHLkM3FtjzSCakb43zumPfsCVf3C0OF4DRZg2-tK18JB3HqInUr7GYMES4MOQD3Uitb1ZDuqaizquGsYhiXMio32y_iiyA3a-Mu5EbjJ6YuWs_Ady3GaXJcNSwaOsiH5ELNMzEW6C9Wg7vCz-WhKi1XapARViRzi5l3PUrGvFURwn0eeJUVIlYNz6w3w1INvB705Mhb0Dzh1ZUq3M7E3LkVaklaGR-MqpzxYBR8Y7HTVIcMpSWQvENTnkq9ssymtb_O6nqnTWSm-Ap5Fk8mh2x8g=s250-no

I saw this, and what a pathetic story. Another activist writer wants to direct the Trump impeachment narrative to having him resigning. That lady is obviously a dishonest lefty hack, because anyone that knows Trump knows he would stay and fight until the bitter end than puss out in defeat. Unreal. I'm sure Trump is happy that she's an ex-executive now because either she's a dishonest woman, and or a completely brain dead woman. 

kat.jpg

2 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

I don't know, once trump is back in the private sector NY could still give him fits...................but the "damage to the country" thinking is what some said was the reason Obama didn't make any overtures to go after the Bush administration over the Iraq fiasco and the sell job that preceded it.

I just hope trump's kicked to the curb by voters and he leaves in a somewhat normal fashion...........but the post election twitter rage & meltdown from trump will be one for the record books 

The two and a half months between November election day to January 21 2021 could be the most interesting, whacky, dangerous, stupid and entertaining time in US history 

Just thinking that if it saves the country of having to go through impeachment trial, and the inevitable scorched earth Trump would leave behind, similar to why historians look back favorably at Ford's pardon of Nixon. 

However, pretty sure it never happens, as Senate likely never convicts regardless of evidence and Trump would burn country to the ground before admitting wrongdoing.

I'm a desperate man
The shit has hit the fan

36 minutes ago, toonkee said:

He very well could. Trump has a long history of settling law suits rather than losing them.

That's true, and it's why I found the article interesting.

2 hours ago, toonkee said:

He very well could. Trump has a long history of settling law suits rather than losing them.

Wait, didn't you guys on the left complain that Trump wouldn't accept defeat in 2016 and would keep going on and on. And then you guys have said that if Trump is impeached and convicted, they would have to have law enforcement force him out of the White House. Now suddenly, the left is getting dreamy and hopes he might just give up. The liberals have become experts at hyping their own hopes up only to be horridly disappointed for disrespecting reality. Rachel Maddow is the world champion at this.

Trump's MO is pretty simple to understand, especially if you read his book. But everything that he fights for has different value, and some of his lawsuits weren't high profile and didn't matter to him too much to compromise. But the Presidency, the ultimate high value item????????? Trump has made it very clear that he's fighting a war against everyone out there that's trying to ruin him. The amount of effort against him has challenged his decency, intellect, state of mind, even his looks, to say his disgust with his enemies is extreme...that is under stating how he feels. He knows that his haters will no doubt win if he gives up on any level, and he will be more determined (than you could ever imagine) to defeat these people in the end. Bottom line. 

kat.jpg