Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kalua pig

hawai'i @ boise

1 minute ago, Warbow said:

The refs set the tone of the game early. Bogus targeting call put our defense on the ropes missing our starting MLB who is the most physical guy on the team. Then the bogus fumble recovery for Boise st was the nail in the coffin, and several other bogus calls, we knew the refs were not going to give us a chance to win this game so we gave up. 

Yeah, the targeting call and fumble call baffled us all. And the refs review both of them and kept the calls. I guess they saw something else. I think you guys got screwed on those.

2 minutes ago, Warbow said:

The refs set the tone of the game early. Bogus targeting call put our defense on the ropes missing our starting MLB who is the most physical guy on the team. Then the bogus fumble recovery for Boise st was the nail in the coffin, and several other bogus calls, we knew the refs were not going to give us a chance to win this game so we gave up. 

What you guys need is a Kustra. 

kustra.jpg

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Good game Boise. Now get us some NY6 money.

Hawaii made too many mistakes early to overcome (fumbles, penalties). But they also showed that the Boise D isn’t as impenetrable as it was to be believed. The Offense moved well when it didn’t shoot itself in the foot. Our Defense couldn’t keep up with the speed of Hightower, and Holani, etc. and didn’t seem like our Defense prepared for Cord at all.

Will likely be a good rematch in December. As long as we can take care of business on our end.

Hawaii would win this game on the rock with Pac-12 refs.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

5 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Maybe I’m just a homer but I felt like Hawaii didn’t really start moving the ball until it was pretty clear the game was over. 

And yeah that was a terrible call. Shouldn’t have happened.

None the less, your first team defense was still in there until Hawaii’s last offensive series. 

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

56 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Maybe I’m just a homer but I felt like Hawaii didn’t really start moving the ball until it was pretty clear the game was over. 

And yeah that was a terrible call. Shouldn’t have happened.

The offense could move the ball at times but every time it did, it would also hurt itself at other times (penalties, fumbles, receivers not catching easy balls). After halftime the penalties and fumbles got cleaned up.
Start of 1st half

-Clean Drive, for Punt (-1 yard)

- Fumble Drive by WR as McDonald was moving the ball up to mid-field (16 yards)

-Clean Drive for TD (63 yards)

-Penalties Drive for Punt (12 yards)

- Clean Drive, for Downs (3 yards)

- Clean Drive, for Punt (1 yard)

-Fumble Drive by McDonald as he was passing the ball forward (13 yards)

-Fumble Drive by WR on 1st down (4 yards)

- Clean Drive, for TD (75 yards)

9 Total Drives: 3 Punts, 2 TDs, 1 Downs, 3 Fumbles, 6 Penalties

BTW, Hightower is the real deal.

4 hours ago, 415hawaiiboy said:

Some of our key players played scared.  Stovall, who played at Cal in big games like at Texas, showed his experience.  I think the loss of our LB Pritchard (targeting) was big because he had the physicality that could match a Holani.  

I liked how the offense kept playing.

We will see if we play again.  

Cole played like a scared Twinkie. Ward played like a turd. Our coaches were too conservative. And the refs handed Boise 14 points. 

It is what it is. Hopefully Hawaii wins out the MWC, and we see Boise back on the Blue. They’ll know what too expect, and come out with their heads not in their ass.

no offense to a solid Boise team, but they didn’t look any better then the first three teams IMO. Hawaii.... just..... choked

22 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

For how long as the Bows get drilled like a cored pineapple 

& poor BSU fans get home an hour after bars close at 1am in 40 degree weather 

What Boise bars close at 1:00 am? I can't think of one. 

21 hours ago, Kalikus808 said:

Dominate?

Boise hasn't dominated anyone this year yet.  Probably boises least dominating season in a while.  Giving up 37 points at home with 2 forced turnovers and a ref gifted turnover is far from dominating. 

Not saying Boise isn't the 14th best team in the country, but dominate isn't the theme so far this year.  54-3 is dominating. 14-7 is not. 30-18 is not.

Boise has out-gained every team they have played this year and average 160+ yards more per game, BY FAR the best yardage differential in the conference. Actually, Air Force is 2nd best and Hawaii is 3rd... and Boise beat both of them by double digits while also out-gaining them. So, I guess, what do you consider dominant?