Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kalua pig

hawai'i @ boise

12 minutes ago, HooknLiberty said:

I'm going with partially dislocated hip for Bachmier.  I've had that from a sports related impact.  Seems to fit the falling off the bench thing, and the amount of pain he's in.  It's a weird feeling injury.  It hurts, but mostly feels weird, because it feels like your leg is going to fall out of its socket.  That's probably why he initially wanted help.  If that's the case it's not really serious, it's mostly pain management, and making sure to keep the swelling down.

Not with the way he is walking on the sideline and smile.  

Just now, bornontheblue said:

Back then I would say our budgets were comparable 

Not even close.  Maybe payroll.  Hawaiis travel cost takes up almost half of the budget, and there's literally less than $100k for facility maintenance.  In 2007 there were multiple leaks directly over JJs desk, and they couldn't use the practice field because it was worn out and somehow "dangerous."  That was why JJ left after the sugar bowl.  The school still didn't commit funds to the program and took the $4 million for other things. 

2 minutes ago, Kalikus808 said:

Not even close.  Maybe payroll.  Hawaiis travel cost takes up almost half of the budget, and there's literally less than $100k for facility maintenance.  In 2007 there were multiple leaks directly over JJs desk, and they couldn't use the practice field because it was worn out and somehow "dangerous."  That was why JJ left after the sugar bowl.  The school still didn't commit funds to the program and took the $4 million for other things. 

What is the status of the new stadium for Hawaii. 

2 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Not with the way he is walking on the sideline and smile.  

When it happened to me, it was more awkward than painful.  It hurt, but not rediculous.  It mostly just felt loose, like it was going to fall out.  I was able to run in less than a week.

4 minutes ago, Kalikus808 said:

Money ain't everything. Ask CSU how that brand new stadium is working for them?

3 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

What is the status of the new stadium for Hawaii. 

The stadium doesn't belong to the university.  It belongs to the state.  The state charges Hawaii to use it.  (And the state doesn't maintain that either).

2 minutes ago, BroncoOrange said:

Money ain't everything. Ask CSU how that brand new stadium is working for them?

I think improving a stadium is a waste of money. It literally has no impact on the players or team.  Making it larger is understandable but adding boxes and other frills is ridiculous.  At least if you're on a tight budget. 

Facilities monies are for weight rooms, film rooms, study rooms, offices, practice fields, equipment, etc.  Stadium upkeep is not a part of any division 1 football budget that I've ever heard of.