Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kalua pig

hawai'i @ boise

1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

I know the Air Raid isn't exactly the same as the Run N Shoot - but vs. WSU in 2017 Boise ran a lot of 3 man fronts.  Same thing with EWU vs. WSU last year when Schmedding was DC there.  I think we will see a lot of 3 and 4 man rushes and everyone else dropping back into a zone to keep everything in front and hope for a mistake on the 4 yard passes or a blitzing linebacker to create havoc every once in a while.

The 3 man front drop 8 zone is what most everyone has already been doing. It’s how we went on the losing streak last year as McDonald struggled against it as more teams started using it. The difference is last year we had no good running game, whereas this year Reed and Holly have gotten better with an OL that has more experience.

McDonald has also gotten better on how to attack that formation. His INTs has for the most part been the result of him going solo hero mode on plays. But he’s reigned that in a bit in recent weeks to the point Rolo has allowed Cole to call plays on occasion based on what he sees.

Washington did well as their DBs could keep up with our receivers and played physical. They also kept a safety deep to prevent our long ball game.

24 minutes ago, ShoichiKUN808 said:

The 3 man front drop 8 zone is what most everyone has already been doing. It’s how we went on the losing streak last year as McDonald struggled against it as more teams started using it. The difference is last year we had no good running game, whereas this year Reed and Holly have gotten better with an OL that has more experience.

McDonald has also gotten better on how to attack that formation. His INTs has for the most part been the result of him going solo hero mode on plays. But he’s reigned that in a bit in recent weeks to the point Rolo has allowed Cole to call plays on occasion based on what he sees.

Washington did well as their DBs could keep up with our receivers and played physical. They also kept a safety deep to prevent our long ball game.

Hawaii doesn't really have a deep ball. They haven't had a 50 yard play all season and have only had three 40 yard plays... and that's despite playing one of the worst slate of defenses of anyone in the country. 

20 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Hawaii doesn't really have a deep ball. They haven't had a 50 yard play all season and have only had three 40 yard plays... and that's despite playing one of the worst slate of defenses of anyone in the country. 

our offense is a virus that eats you from inside out.we nickel and dime you down the field and go over the top.we don't need to throw it 50 yards.

36 minutes ago, kalua pig said:

our offense is a virus that eats you from inside out.we nickel and dime you down the field and go over the top.we don't need to throw it 50 yards.

50 yards is over the top... less than that is nickel and dime. We'll let them nickel and dime waiting for that inevitable INT Hawaii loves to gift teams. 

5 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

50 yards is over the top... less than that is nickel and dime. We'll let them nickel and dime waiting for that inevitable INT Hawaii loves to gift teams. 

we haven't done that in a while,but we haven't given up any points in the 3rd quarter in a few games.i did say quarter.you already know cuz.

46 minutes ago, kalua pig said:

i love my sticky rice.i also love my french fries,mashed potato,and potato salad.

Poke has been getting pretty big in the mainland the last few years.  I love the stuff, but can't trust a fart after a half pound of "white tuna" aka escolar.  Lots of it mislabeled so I stick to the salmon poke.

2 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Poke has been getting pretty big in the mainland the last few years.  I love the stuff, but can't trust a fart after a half pound of "white tuna" aka escolar.  Lots of it mislabeled so I stick to the salmon poke.

fresh is the name of the game.

43 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

I say we install SDSU's turnstyles to get to 45,000.

hawai'i is a major attraction.i recommend boise open standing room only tickets for all that track real estate around the field.

13 hours ago, kalua pig said:

Sounds similar to the Clap.

14 hours ago, kalua pig said:

hawai'i is a major attraction.

Honestly, yeah. It's been a while since we had you guys in town. We always enjoyed playing you, good teams, good fans, plenty of future NFL talent playing.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

UH will have two more offensive linemen available for tomorrow’s game.  Senior Kohl Levao (6’6” 340 lbs) played tackle and center last season and was considered the team’s top NFL prospect coming into 2019 before suffering an injury at the beginning of fall camp.  He’s back to 100% and cleared to play.  Also junior Michael Eletise (6’4” 335 lbs), a four-star transfer from Arizona who played in all 12 games for the Wildcats last season, had a waiver request granted by the NCAA and is now eligible to take the field.

Good timing.

https://www.hawaiiwarriorworld.com/football/hawaii-football-a-good-bye/

https://www.hawaiiwarriorworld.com/football/warrior-beat-hawaii-footballs-michael-eletise-receives-waiver-to-play-this-season/

21 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Rolo doesn't go very deep that often, he does it so teams can respect the idea of a deep ball even if it ends up in an incompletion/INT. He usually goes to a 20-30+ yard pass play or so. It's a reason why all the starting receivers (Byrd, Ward, Sharsh, Smart) and most of the backups average over 10 yards a catch even though many run routes and catch ones of under 10 yards.

Also outside of the first game where McDonald threw 4 INT's he has averaged 2.6TD/1.25INT since then. The only games this season he has thrown more than 1 INT a game was against Washington with 3 and Arizona with 4. He's also had 4 TDs thrown in every game outside of Washington. In the last two games where Rolo has said Cole said to him that the Offense finally 'clicked' (a known thing RnS QB's go through), he's gone 50/62, 80.6% COMP, 612 yards, 8 TD/1 INT. Overall, he has averaged a TD every 11 pass plays(which includes incompletions), while an INT every 21 with every game included. We will see if that ends up true on Saturday against a Defense that is statistically better than Washington's.