Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

westfan

SJSU vs Nevada

I'm starting this thread early for you hard core SJSU fans, yes they have some! The weather will be great, sunny and between 68 and 70 at kick off, no cold night game! so get a room see some great leaves over the Sierras have a great dinner after the game . You finally after some painful years have a reason to come root for your team. As a Nevada fan I still look for Nevada to regroup, I also expect a close game even if I predicted Nevada by 10 on prediction week 7 here.  :USFlag:

Looking forward to the game. I always enjoy the trip up there for a weekend.

I really don't know what to think about this game in terms of on the field results. Neither team is great so maybe this will come down to who wants it more. I still have not seen SJSU play a full game so for that reason alone I am assuming that it will be close at halftime and then Reno will pull away. We have possibly lost two of our LB's to injury and we are not great at stopping the run anyway so that is another liability. I hope SJSU proves me wrong plays all 4 quarters and we walk away with the W.

As has been said before, this game is essentially necessary to stay in the hunt for a bowl game for both teams. I expect it to be a close one, but who knows what will happen. 

Unless Nevada makes some major changes I don't see us winning. 

SJSU will need 4 TOs and 400 yards from Love to have a chance. If Nevada is smart and has disciplined, they'll keep the ball out of the air, pound the rock and get pressure on Love early. If they do that successfully it'll be over by the 4th quarter. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Also, if I didn't have a little one to keep an eye on this weekend, I'd totally drive over the hump and go to the game. I bet you it's beautiful over there this weekend. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

3 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Also, if I didn't have a little one to keep an eye on this weekend, I'd totally drive over the hump and go to the game. I bet you it's beautiful over there this weekend. 

There is the annual Eldorado Italian music and food festival under the downtown arch..... Yummy.

cerified_Subarus.jpg

30 minutes ago, Lester_in_reno said:

This Pack offensive line is their worst in probably 15 seasons.

And we lost our best o lineman against Hawaii.

59 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

SJSU will need 4 TOs and 400 yards from Love to have a chance. If Nevada is smart and has disciplined, they'll keep the ball out of the air, pound the rock and get pressure on Love early. If they do that successfully it'll be over by the 4th quarter. 

The Pack is neither smart or disciplined this year.  I suspect we lead the MWC in giving up sacks & OL penalties.

On 10/6/2019 at 5:44 PM, BacksThePack said:

I see this AD puppet is trying to get attendance over 10k for this game

The tailgate I attend has over 100 confirmed guests. Biggest of the year by far. I expect a decent crowd since it's a 1pm kickoff in ideal fall conditions. 17K is my guess

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

1 hour ago, Lester_in_reno said:

I heard on Twitter that SJSU alum and world champion Eater Joey Chestnutt will be in Reno for this game Saturday!

Wonder how many tailgates he will eat up in the Mackey lot before and after!?

Him and Polian going toe to toe?  The two schools should do a joint fundraiser.  Polian still likes Nevada right?

1 hour ago, Wyobraska said:

Him and Polian going toe to toe?  The two schools should do a joint fundraiser.  Polian still likes Nevada right?

Doubt if Polian has fond memories of Nevada but I'm sure he'd show up to defend his corndog title.  After he went to Notre Dame he took a picture of his wife & kids.  His daughter turned to the camera & showed the Wolf sign.  Smart kid.