Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

Unemployment now at 50 year low

Hail president Trend. President Trend should be on the $1 bill and enshrined in the national mall.

Srsly though, I'm happy about this. It's better to be in good economic times than bad.  Idle hands are the devils playthings, or something like that. Enjoy it all while it lasts. Go out to eat, have fun. 

7 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

#1 your thread mentions  non farm payrolls. Farmers and ranchers are getting killed. The tariffs and Trumps admins failure to protect American beef suppliers is destroying them.

#2 your thread article fails to mention the increase in seasonal jobs at places like Amazon, UPS, FEDEX.. they hire thousands upon thousands of part time/temporary employees for the holiday seasons. 

Unemployment numbers are especially suspect this time of year.

7 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

Yep. Facepalm is all you got. WSJ article....but no meat and potatoes from the front line. Weak.

WSJ is the epitome of fair journalism. 

you are an idiot. Your points  are weak. I’m enjoying watching playoff baseball and do not  want to take the time  to point out what a fool you are !

A face palm is justified based on your ignorance of the labor force that you have publicly displayed. You really deserve the idiot reaction , but @mugtang took that away a while back. 

All I know is there are still a lot of “we are hiring” signs out there and people I talk to say their businesses have never been better. It’s a good thing no matter who is in power. However, as we all know business is cyclical and the next recession is always right around the corner. 

30 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

All I know is there are still a lot of “we are hiring” signs out there and people I talk to say their businesses have never been better. It’s a good thing no matter who is in power. However, as we all know business is cyclical and the next recession is always right around the corner. 

True a recession is a normal part of an economic cycle, however a deep recession like 81-82, or 2007-2008 is a once every three decades phenomenon. The next recession will be mild , with a sharp recovery, like most recessions are. 

11 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

The next recession will be a painful one too I think - not a repeat of 2008 IMO but still tough.

v0icAvfW.jpg

7 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

The next recession will be a painful one too I think - not a repeat of 2008 IMO but still tough.

I agree with Bornontheblue that it will be mild with two exceptions. First, if the Democrats gain power and second if the debt finally catches up with us. 

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

I agree with Bornontheblue that it will be mild with two exceptions. First, if the Democrats gain power and second if the debt finally catches up with us. 

I’m a huge debt hawk but it’s manageable for the immediate future.  Interest rates are low and will be for a while due to some structural changes.  If that somehow changes then we’re definitely screwed.  There’s just not much in the toolbox in terms of historic recession weapons - government spending?  Already running a trillion dollar deficit.  Reduce interest rates?  Already at historic lows.  It will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

v0icAvfW.jpg

When the debt finally catches up to us the politicians will never commit political suicide by cutting spending. The only other alternative will be tax the rich into nonexistence and a printing press running  24/7 both would be horrible for the middle class. 

Edit: The problem is that every penny on the federal budget is somebody’s sacred cow that can never be cut or reduced. They will raise holy hell over any cut 

Just put in on the black card, baybee! We ain't never paying for it! Wheeee!

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 10/4/2019 at 11:00 PM, Lester_in_reno said:

Amazing what Americans can do when they work together !

Yeah, all Dems want to do is hurt Trump with their super scary resistance. That is the epitome of not working together to get things done for Americans. and not doing so is hurting us all. Dems would rather not do something good for the people if it means that Trump will get any kind of credit for it. 

That really is fvcking pathetic and childish, not to mention how many seats in Congress are going to flip to flip to GOP. 

kat.jpg