Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4UNLV

One of the greatest Runnin' Rebels ever

Never saw Smith play, but I’ve always thought he did a fantastic job stepping in for Gondo doing color. Not going to be the same listening to b-ball games without him, but that’s not important right now. For him and his family’s sake, just hope he’s able to recover from this.

rsz_romney-stadium.jpg

5 hours ago, aggzilla said:

Never saw Smith play, but I’ve always thought he did a fantastic job stepping in for Gondo doing color. Not going to be the same listening to b-ball games without him, but that’s not important right now. For him and his family’s sake, just hope he’s able to recover from this.

He kept Jon Sandler in check, for sure. Robert could break down a game like no other, whereas Sandler ran off emotion. I hope he makes it back.

There's a GoFundMe to assist with Robert Smith's medical expenses. 

UNLV fans, we have always prided ourselves with two things: 1. The legacy of UNLV Basketball and 2. We put our money where our mouth is. This is an opportunity as a community to show support to an all-time great that needs some help. Not only as thanks for his accomplishments on the court, but being one of the few that stayed as a fixture and role model in Las Vegas his entire life. 

You can donate here: https://www.gofundme.com/f/1rwwzrtc00

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

Robert Smith is a great teacher of the game and really helped my development in basketball for many, many years. 

Theres not many people like Mr. Smith and have his infectious positive energy. I’d run through a wall for that guy and I’ve been around a lot of coaches in Las Vegas and abroad.  He’s a very rare person. 

I really hope he can recover and enjoy life with his family, although his stroke sounds very serious. 

On 10/7/2019 at 3:32 PM, Rebels18 said:

There's a GoFundMe to assist with Robert Smith's medical expenses. 

UNLV fans, we have always prided ourselves with two things: 1. The legacy of UNLV Basketball and 2. We put our money where our mouth is. This is an opportunity as a community to show support to an all-time great that needs some help. Not only as thanks for his accomplishments on the court, but being one of the few that stayed as a fixture and role model in Las Vegas his entire life. 

You can donate here: https://www.gofundme.com/f/1rwwzrtc00

Bumping for Robert Smith.

Hopefully he can come back from this. The guy is a true UNLV great from the start. Love hearing him on the radio with Jon Sadler. His voice has a calming affect and is just a genuine good person always thinking positively.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

1 minute ago, BestintheWest said:

Bumping for Robert Smith.

Hopefully he can come back from this. The guy is a true UNLV great from the start. Love hearing him on the radio with Jon Sadler. His voice has a calming affect and is just a genuine good person always thinking positively.

Also his wife has breast cancer and recently had to have an operation. Very tough times for their family right now. I hope UNLV gets involved and this number reaches its goal soon enough.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

I just remembered that Robert Smith's number still isn't retired. What a f*cking travesty. UNLV never gets anything right. Smith was arguably the best PG in UNLV history and unlike most other players---stayed in Vegas and contributed to the program and city long after his playing days.

His # needs to be retired as soon as he recovers.

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif