Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

One of The All-Time Best Rock Songs

After Delp killed himself I went to the Boston board to see what the deal was for him to do that, and his ex-wife, Micki Delp, who was married to him from before Boston to the 90’s said that Tom Scholz always treated him like shit, when they toured during the summers in recent times Tom hired him as a contractor and only gave him a $2,000 per big show to sing. All the other original members were long gone so his entire band was contracted. But for him to do that to Brad who had a gentle soul and was incredibly easy to get along with was pretty evil. She hates Tom so much it’s scary. 

She scanned a bunch of personal pics on the board for people to have of him which were really cool. 

kat.jpg

12 hours ago, rudolro said:

Dude, really? How many boards are you visiting?  There is a great big world outside go out in it.

Hey, thanks for being concerned about me & caring. Even though your inquiry to my well being was heart felt 💕  it didn’t really apply, so you wasted your time. But still, I know you want to give me a big hug right about now, but I don’t. So please don’t ever try. But have a great evening, and I’ll let you know if I ever visit another board. ❤️ 

kat.jpg

10 hours ago, MetropolitanCowboy said:

Who knew there were even Boston message boards? That's a lot of people with a lot of time on their hands there, let me tell ya what.

Yes, who would waste their time on a message board. ...........:hmmm:

17 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Don't forget Styx.  Garbage.

Styx was the very best from Equinox to Cornerstone. Then it was all shit from there. If you don’t like Styx from that era, you must be an Air Supply guy. 

Styx was actually a true rock band in the mid to late 70’s. Great sounding raw guitar, no bullshit, Fender Strat straight into a 100w Marshall metal face amp. Very Hendrix like sound on chords. 

kat.jpg

1 hour ago, MetropolitanCowboy said:

MWCBoard is different. Not people going apeshit over a group that isn’t even a real band.

Dude, that is such a stupid analysis. You don’t know what you’re talking about on multiple levels. Saying that what you enjoy spending your time on yapping about on a message board is better than what someone else does is the epitome of elitism, snobbery and arrogance.

No one has to justify shit for why they spend time on something. There are plenty of people out there that think spending time on a sports board is absolutely ridiculous. They think you already blow enough time watching the games, and then you have to talk about it day after day?

FYI, I don’t post on the Boston board. I just went over there for a short time to find out what was really behind Delp offing himself. One part of the board I have spent time in the past reading is on the gear used recording the albums. Scholz created a thing called a hyperspace pedal that’s used when it sounds like something is being launched into space on the albums and live. Scholz considers it a secret because he doesn’t want anyone copying him. Basically it’s a pedal that controls the timing on an Echoplex (a tape delay affect box). It also has some eq and other things to it. 

There’s been pics taken of it, and that’s all anyone has to go on. Here’s an audio blurb where he uses it in kind of a demo. By the way, I don’t like the tone of the SRD gear he later created and uses now in the video. Way too much chorus and compression. But the hyperspace pedal effect is pretty damn cool if used the right way......very original. The first 2 albums were mostly Marshall’s with a home made preamp to slightly color the sound. 

kat.jpg

On 10/5/2019 at 9:43 AM, Nevada Convert said:

Dude, that is such a stupid analysis. You don’t know what you’re talking about on multiple levels. Saying that what you enjoy spending your time on yapping about on a message board is better than what someone else does is the epitome of elitism, snobbery and arrogance.

No one has to justify shit for why they spend time on something. There are plenty of people out there that think spending time on a sports board is absolutely ridiculous. They think you already blow enough time watching the games, and then you have to talk about it day after day?

FYI, I don’t post on the Boston board. I just went over there for a short time to find out what was really behind Delp offing himself. One part of the board I have spent time in the past reading is on the gear used recording the albums. Scholz created a thing called a hyperspace pedal that’s used when it sounds like something is being launched into space on the albums and live. Scholz considers it a secret because he doesn’t want anyone copying him. Basically it’s a pedal that controls the timing on an Echoplex (a tape delay affect box). It also has some eq and other things to it. 

There’s been pics taken of it, and that’s all anyone has to go on. Here’s an audio blurb where he uses it in kind of a demo. By the way, I don’t like the tone of the SRD gear he later created and uses now in the video. Way too much chorus and compression. But the hyperspace pedal effect is pretty damn cool if used the right way......very original. The first 2 albums were mostly Marshall’s with a home made preamp to slightly color the sound. 

Boston sucks. Get over it. 

27 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

You need to expand your horizons and be more diverse in musical styles. I thought you were a big fan of diversity. 

Shit, I listen to 60s-70s rock, Motley Crue, 80s hip hop, gangster rap, Grunge...even some old country like Johnny Cash and Glen Campbell...but yeah, bands like Boston and Journey (with the exception of “Lights”) suck farts. We’ll have to agree to disagree NC.

32 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

The Beatles were great too. 

You’re $$$$ here, they’re probably my favorite band...I like some early stuff of theirs, but for my money, everything from Rubber Soul (their “weed” album) on is pure gold to me.

In fact, if I could have seen any concert ever, it’d have been the Rooftop Concert.