Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

renoskier

MWC Early Lines...week 6

SJSU (covers the spread)

LSU (covers)

Air Force (wins, but won't cover)

SUDS (wins, but won't cover)

Boise State (covers)

6 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

I wouldn’t bet on any of those games. If I did bet it would probably be CSU to cover over SDSU. 

I like Boise to cover. I also like CSU with the points. SDSU plays ugly and CSU seems to play them well. I could definitely see a one score game. 

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

I like Boise to cover. I also like CSU with the points. SDSU plays ugly and CSU seems to play them well. I could definitely see a one score game. 

CSU is the worst team in the country. Take the SUDS.  Flipping hippies are already quitting.  

Take Utah St and the points. 

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

3 hours ago, Warbow said:

Take Utah St and the points. 

Maybe I'm a naive optimist, but if USU plays to compete and win, I like our chances of covering. Most computer models predict it will be much closer than 4 touchdowns. However, I think there is a reasonable chance that USU benches Love and some of our other key players at some point if the game looks to be out of hand. So I still wouldn't bet on this game.

5 hours ago, slappy said:

CSU is the worst team in the country. Take the SUDS.  Flipping hippies are already quitting.  

Oh ya...AG Schools are always really liberal.

The hippies are in boulder...

4 hours ago, LKGates said:

I hope it won't be that bad, but honestly, I'm just hoping to not be humiliated, and escape without any season / career ending injuries.

Apollo 13 line I’ve always loved.

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg

Given USU's recent history in these P5 road match ups, I would say take USU and the points. I mean this is what you have to go on:

• 2009 - 30-38 Loss @ Texas A&M
  • 2010 - 24-31 Loss @ Oklahoma (INT on final USU drive to tie the game, USU also had a TD called back on a fake FG in this one)
  • 2011 - 38-42 Loss @ Auburn (USU has a 10 point lead with 3 min. left and somehow loses after not recovering an onside kick)
  • 2012 - 14-16 Loss @ Wisconsin (USU misses a 37 yd. game winning FG attempt as time expires)
  • 2013 - 26-30 Loss @ Utah
  • 2013 - 14-17 Loss @ USC (chances to win both of these games in 2013)
  • 2018 - 31-38 Loss @ Michigan St. (USU has the lead until 2:30 left in the game, INT on final drive ends hope for tie)
  • 2019 - 35-38 Loss @ Wake Forest (WF scores winning TD with 1min left on 4th down, INT on final drive when already in FG range ends game)

Yes, there were some non-competitive P5 road games from 2014-2017 when Wells had some not so great teams but that is a decade of almost unbelievable I don't know what.......bad luck?, ineptitude?

That being said, LSU will be the highest ranked of any of the teams listed above (I believe that Oklahoma team was #7 at the time) and they have looked unstoppable so far. 28 seems like a lot but Burrow and their offense can score points in bunches. USU is really banged up going in to this one and our only hope to cover may be under the hope that LSU is already looking forward to their showdown with Florida next week.

I was going to take the under on Wyoming this week, but after their showing last weekend not so confident on that call anymore.

24 minutes ago, Jimbo_Poke said:

I was going to take the under on Wyoming this week, but after their showing last weekend not so confident on that call anymore.

Yeah, that BY Elko is pretty tough.  Gave Boise State a rough time of it last week. 

down in a hole.jpg

Folks this is not your fathers, or more recently Les Miles ground and pound LSU Tigers.  These Tigers can and do throw the ball.  LSU will cover the point spread because they have the ability to score much faster than in the recent past.  On the up side since it isn't punch you in the face ground and pound the Aggies should have fewer potential injuries at least on the defensive side of the ball.  This is the toughest opponent any MWC team will play this season.  God speed Aggies. 

33 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Folks this is not your fathers, or more recently Les Miles ground and pound LSU Tigers.  These Tigers can and do throw the ball.  LSU will cover the point spread because they have the ability to score much faster than in the recent past.  On the up side since it isn't punch you in the face ground and pound the Aggies should have fewer potential injuries at least on the defensive side of the ball.  This is the toughest opponent any MWC will play this season.  God speed Aggies. 

We who are about to die thank you.

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

9 minutes ago, Bob said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see CSU win this one. And you know you suck if you you are 6.5 point underdogs to the Spartans. 

Damn, I thought was one of the Nevada schools but it's New Mexico.....  I didn't realize it could get worse than the two Nevada schools.  

down in a hole.jpg

There’s only one real gimme game there. Definitely Utah state and the points. I know Utah state won’t win, you know it, Utah state knows it, LSU knows it. The entire world knows it.

However...... LSU is going to treat this like their FCS/AA game. They aren’t going to risk injury to their key players. They won’t run up the score. They will play tough the first half and sub a lot of 2nd/3rd string in the 2nd half. LSU will win by probably 17-21 points.

of course, Utah state could mess up a wet dream, in which case the score could be 56-7. 

But I’d put money on Utah state with the points. LSU has too many games left to risk injuries with key starters.

27fb3675e6bf8bbd155cf063ad59994d.jpg

On 10/1/2019 at 4:20 PM, renoskier said:

New Mexico @ San Jose State (-6.5)

Utah State @ LSU (-28)

Air Force (-3.5) @ Navy 

San Diego State (-7.5) @ Colorado State 

Boise State (-22.5) @ UNLV 

Ez week.  

AF

SD

UNLV