Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ridgeview2

What is a movie that you love, but others hate?

4 hours ago, Broncomare said:

The Red series and the first couple Expendables.

Love Helen Mirren's character in Red.  "She's the best wet work in the business", "what's that?", Helen prim, proper & English, "I kill people dear"!  

The shootout in the airport for Red 2 when Bruce shows up in a smart car to pick up Awnold.... then they switch lines, Bruce "I'll be back", Awnold "yippee kay-ya mfer"!  

I like these movies because they are in tribute to the 80's movies!!  80's had the best movies, music & sex!!!

I don’t actually know anyone who hates the Red movies.  And they are some of my favorites too—agree with you—Helen Mirren is awesome!

One of my favorite movies that everyone hates is Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters.  I do think I have my husband finally convinced it’s not that bad. 

1 hour ago, bsubroncochick said:

I don’t actually know anyone who hates the Red movies.  And they are some of my favorites too—agree with you—Helen Mirren is awesome!

One of my favorite movies that everyone hates is Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters.  I do think I have my husband finally convinced it’s not that bad. 

If you liked Hansel and Gretel I think you might like The last witch Hunter with Vin Diesel.

That's another one that people hate that I enjoyed.

2 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

Also I really love "My Dinner with Andre" which people seem to really loathe. I don't understand their animosity toward it. It was brilliant.

Spinal Tap I love too, but that seems to be very polarizing. Lots of people hate that too. I don't get that. Same with Easy Rider, which may have been the most brilliant film of the 60s yet still gets hated on.

I see that you're a man of culture.

Image result for john c reilly gif

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I will physically fight anyone in a Best Buy parking lot that has bad things to say about Spinal Tap. I didn’t even know that was a thing.

Numerous people, mostly people younger than me, who I've watched that with shit all over it. It's ridiculous.

I actually broke up with a chick because she didn't like that movie.

2 minutes ago, rudolro said:

When a hooker leaves it's called end of transaction not a break up.

I'm aware of the concept. But no, we got into a heated argument that started over her bitching about that movie. A lamp was eventually thrown at me. Things ended shortly thereafter.

1 minute ago, Joe from WY said:

I'm aware of the concept. But no, we got into a heated argument that started over her bitching about that movie. A lamp was eventually thrown at me. Things ended shortly thereafter.

LOL. Sorry I don't mean to laugh. But damn.

4 minutes ago, rudolro said:

LOL. Sorry I don't mean to laugh. But damn.

After I left I laughed too. Don't feel too bad. It isn't the worst thing to ever happen.

@rudolro because you made me think about it, I feel like I have to share it.

The worst thing that ever probably happened:

I've had a lifetime of poor decisions. However, one stands out as even more poor than the others. Anyway, one night, I met this chick on Tinder back in 1L year. We started out drinking Long Island Iced Teas over at Swamp, and then moved on to I think Salty's for a margarita or two before stopping for pizza. At that point she asked me if I had booze at my house and I told her I had 2 bottles of Gallo. So we went back, drank Gallo, listened to I believe "Are we Not Men? We Are Devo" and had relations. In the middle of said relations, the massive amount of cheap liquor and pizza I had consumed reared its ugly head and I threw up all over her, then passed out. 

I woke up the next day and had class at 930. It was 920. It was late in the semester and I had burned all my skips and the dude who taught the class was a real bastard about missing. I was in a panic, and I had a splitting headache, and things just didn't feel quite right. So I went and looked in the mirror and the chick, who I'd apparently really pissed off by throwing up on her, took it upon herself to take a set of dull scissors to my head and hair, and I was left with huge patches of missing hair all over, and gashes still caked in blood all over the back. I couldn't find my Surf Club hat, so I thought "+++++ it", and went to class like that.

People were giving me horrified looks. I just kind of rolled with it. I knew it looked terrible but I didn't think it was that bad. Then my buddy who sat behind me tapped me on the shoulder and said "Hey I don't know how to tell you this, but you're missing your hair...I have some clippers out in the Jeep you can borrow." then we both laughed. I ended up shaving my head and looking like a neo-nazi for like a month because of that.

It was funny and kind of +++++ed up at the time, but now, looking back on it, it's +++++ing hysterical. What was I thinking.

36 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Numerous people, mostly people younger than me, who I've watched that with shit all over it. It's ridiculous.

I actually broke up with a chick because she didn't like that movie.

If you didn’t grow up in the rock music era (or did, but didn’t listen to rock) or you aren’t a student of that era’s music, the depth and subtlety of so many of the jokes and running gags in Spinal Tap will simply fly past you. Hell, I was born in ‘64 and grew up listening to rock and I’m sure there are a few, maybe many, hilarious references to rock lore in that movie that I missed. I can understand how a younger person might not like it all that much. Glad you kicked that bitch to the curb, though. 

2 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

You're obviously a man of wealth and taste.

That said, I don't know why people shit on you for saying Green Lantern wasn't that bad. I saw it. It was just like any other braindead comic book movie. Nothing hateworthy. I wish they'd make a Green Lantern/Green Arrow flick though as long as they're in that sort of mood lately. Maybe a sort of adaption of the "Hard Traveling Heroes" crossover series involving those two from the 70s. That could really be cool as there were some great parts to that storyline.

Green Lantern/Green Arrow would be awesome. They'd have to bring the screwy Guardian of the Universe that palled around with them too...you could make it almost like a buddy cop type of film. Lots of good culture stuff in there that would still be relevant today, just as it was then. 

Of course, given there's an "Arrow" series now, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to bring GL into that either. 

23 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

@rudolro because you made me think about it, I feel like I have to share it.

The worst thing that ever probably happened:

I've had a lifetime of poor decisions. However, one stands out as even more poor than the others. Anyway, one night, I met this chick on Tinder back in 1L year. We started out drinking Long Island Iced Teas over at Swamp, and then moved on to I think Salty's for a margarita or two before stopping for pizza. At that point she asked me if I had booze at my house and I told her I had 2 bottles of Gallo. So we went back, drank Gallo, listened to I believe "Are we Not Men? We Are Devo" and had relations. In the middle of said relations, the massive amount of cheap liquor and pizza I had consumed reared its ugly head and I threw up all over her, then passed out. 

I woke up the next day and had class at 930. It was 920. It was late in the semester and I had burned all my skips and the dude who taught the class was a real bastard about missing. I was in a panic, and I had a splitting headache, and things just didn't feel quite right. So I went and looked in the mirror and the chick, who I'd apparently really pissed off by throwing up on her, took it upon herself to take a set of dull scissors to my head and hair, and I was left with huge patches of missing hair all over, and gashes still caked in blood all over the back. I couldn't find my Surf Club hat, so I thought "+++++ it", and went to class like that.

People were giving me horrified looks. I just kind of rolled with it. I knew it looked terrible but I didn't think it was that bad. Then my buddy who sat behind me tapped me on the shoulder and said "Hey I don't know how to tell you this, but you're missing your hair...I have some clippers out in the Jeep you can borrow." then we both laughed. I ended up shaving my head and looking like a neo-nazi for like a month because of that.

It was funny and kind of +++++ed up at the time, but now, looking back on it, it's +++++ing hysterical. What was I thinking.

Wholly 💩. That's funny. I had a feeling this was going to end badly after Long island, margarita, and Gallo. Just mentioning those three together makes me feel sick.

5 hours ago, SharkTanked said:

I like me some B grade horror/action flicks... certainly critically panned...

• The Mummy Movies
  • Lake Placid
  • Van Helsing
  • League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
  • Deep Blue Sea

Just to name a few off the top of my head.

The Mummy movies were awesome! Except for the third one. Rachel Weisz was a fox in those films. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

3 hours ago, 406bleedsblue said:

Baseketball, I'm the only one I know that likes it. It stars Trey Parker and Matt Stone, the creators of south park. 

I love that movie too. One of my all time favorites.

Everyone knows Shaq made all his money in college.

10 hours ago, 406bleedsblue said:

Baseketball, I'm the only one I know that likes it. It stars Trey Parker and Matt Stone, the creators of south park. 

7 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

I love that movie too. One of my all time favorites.

Everyone knows Shaq made all his money in college.

The Bob Stack cameo with the Unsolved Mysteries bit always kills me on there. Damn funny movie.