Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

"Joker" controversy.

On 10/5/2019 at 11:12 AM, Mano said:

Sounds like dumbasses on both sides trying to make this political.

Ahhh, the "both sides" argument.  This time when it is the left, primarily, acting bafoonish.  

You can't just say "my team is wrong on this one"?

13 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Ahhh, the "both sides" argument.  This time when it is the left, primarily, acting bafoonish.  

I was responding specifically to a dumbass post that was trying to portray the Joker as an indictment of Antifa. 

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

20 minutes ago, Mano said:

I was responding specifically to a dumbass post that was trying to portray the Joker as an indictment of Antifa. 

I originally said it was just a movie and wasn't political in anyway. I just pointed out if you wanted to dissect it, you could make more of an argument that it was portraying extreme left violence rather than right. How exactly are the anti-capitalist riots by people wearing masks in the movie not more canonically similar to the anti-capitalist/masked ANTIFA? Liberals tried to imply the movie glorifies violence by right-wing extremists/incels but it was very clearly much more comparable to liberal extremism.  Do you have an actual counter-point peanut brain? Care to clarify how that's false?

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

22 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

I originally said it was just a movie and wasn't political in anyway. I just pointed out if you wanted to dissect it, you could make more of an argument that it was portraying extreme left violence rather than right. How exactly are the anti-capitalist riots by people wearing masks in the movie not more canonically similar to the anti-capitalist/masked ANTIFA? Liberals tried to imply the movie glorifies violence by right-wing extremists/incels but it was very clearly much more comparable to liberal extremism.  Do you have an actual counter-point peanut brain? Care to clarify how that's false?

My point was that it wasn't trying to make a political statement, period. I think either side trying to create a political statement here are being dumbasses. 

I'm a desperate man
The shit has hit the fan

9 minutes ago, Mano said:

My point was that it wasn't trying to make a political statement, period. I think either side trying to create a political statement here are being dumbasses. 

and I'm just saying it's pretty ironic the leftist media was trying to say this movie glorifies right-wing/incel extremism.....When in reality if the movie was trying to portray any specific extremist group...It would be the left/Antifa.... ie: Masked thugs in street holding anti-capitalism signs or calling political figures fascists....The proof is in the pudding:

image.png.a3d0c170b0c4d2163241d1fd6016f4d0.png

Moral of the story? Never believe the mainstream media's narrative.

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

17 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I notice you have nothing to say about the dumbass on your side.

I'm a desperate man
The shit has hit the fan

4 minutes ago, Mano said:

I notice you have nothing to say about the dumbass on your side.

Oh hey there.  Yes, I see some poster on the MWCboard is making a point.  That totally equates to a "both sides" argument, right?  No, this is all on one side of the political spectrum, your team.  Own it.  

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Oh hey there.  Yes, I see some poster on the MWCboard is making a point.  That totally equates to a "both sides" argument, right?  No, this is all on one side of the political spectrum, your team.  Own it.  

So, ok for your side to try and politicize it. Got it.

I'm a desperate man
The shit has hit the fan

7 minutes ago, Mano said:

So, ok for your side to try and politicize it. Got it.

One guy on mwcboard does not equal a both sides argument.

BTW I bet I have more posts arguing with republicans on this board than you do, cheerleader.  Go team go!

17 hours ago, Rebels18 said:

and I'm just saying it's pretty ironic the leftist media was trying to say this movie glorifies right-wing/incel extremism.....When in reality if the movie was trying to portray any specific extremist group...It would be the left/Antifa.... ie: Masked thugs in street holding anti-capitalism signs or calling political figures fascists....The proof is in the pudding:

image.png.a3d0c170b0c4d2163241d1fd6016f4d0.png

Moral of the story? Never believe the mainstream media's narrative.

Like anyone in the MSM has ever even glanced at incel subreddits. They cover old people stuff well but ffs, I'm a 30 something white collar dad who deliberately chooses to live in not trendy areas and I might as well be an internet culture authority compared to TV news. Listening to them talk about stuff like this is like a game of telephone where half the line doesn't speak the same language.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.