Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

"Joker" controversy.

On 9/29/2019 at 9:58 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I hadn't heard of this controversy. Socio-paths can be made from terrible treatment, neglect or disregard. I don't think banning a movie helps. The call for the ban may be more of an overall feeling based on the  tumultuous time we're living, with how the current administration like to act out.

On 9/30/2019 at 5:01 AM, youngrebelfan40 said:

Eh, Mentally ill incels will do what mentally ill incels will do regardless of this movie 

I think we heard the same one. The FBI states caution to movie-goers hoping to watch Joker.

7 hours ago, Stealthlobo said:

I know you're just looking for a reaction and gonna provide some rediculous excuse, but here you go.

This stupid quote, below, is what you claim that I said?????? You got this out of that?????

“I remember when he started a thread indicating Muslims were not Americans”

You’ve got to be trolling because that is just crazy.

OK, this will be long, but I’ll break it down and spell it all out for you.

Everyone knows that the left has a PC Rulebook, and in that rulebook, there’s major hypocrisy. As an example, it’s not PC to want guns to be legal in the US, and not PC to be a conservative Christian. However, it absolutely is PC to bash American pro gun folks and paint most of them as unstable, wacky conservative Christian people that cling to their guns and religion as Obama so eloquently once stated. 

When the left sees an opportunity to score a big block of voters, they try to protect them and kiss their asses in hopes of getting their votes. They know they’ll never get votes from the religious right, so they’ve declared them as dangerous to our country. They used to bad mouth illegals crossing the border taking jobs away from union members. But not long ago they flipped and decided they could capitalize on this group, so now illegals can do know wrong, borders should be wide open, big entitlement give sways to them. They’re fully committed to the high level of patronizing ass kissing. They’ve always patronized legal Hispanics because many are poor in the big cities and they get their votes with the entitlement giveaways. 

Now looking at a subset of Americans, Muslims are another group they feel they can capitalize on. So naturally, they’re treated very similar to another subset of Americans, the Hispanics. It is absolutely PC to patronize all Hispanics and Muslims in this country. 

So the obvious hypocrisy is the demonization of white American gun owners as extreme and unstable with their religious views. When a nut goes on a shooting spree, the first thing the left does is try to blame it on the gun and the white religious right NRA loving trash.

However, if a crazy Muslim nut goes shooting people and that person can be identified as that protected subset of Americans, they will down play the incident, and focus on the narrative that this was an outlier, Muslims are a peaceful people, etc. There will be a little talk about banning guns, but the lefts narrative will mostly be about separating the shooter from the Muslim community and protecting them. Where with shooters that they can put into the subset of white conservative Christian’s, they will blames the guns and tie the individual as being a part of a larger dangerous subset of Americans, the stereotypical NRA loving, trigger happy folks that cling to their extreme religious views and their stockpile of weapons. That is the hypocrisy. 

Now if you still don’t understand, you probably should go see a doctor. 

kat.jpg

28 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

This stupid quote, below, is what you claim that I said?????? You got this out of that?????

“I remember when he started a thread indicating Muslims were not Americans”

You’ve got to be trolling because that is just crazy.

OK, this will be long, but I’ll break it down and spell it all out for you.

Everyone knows that the left has a PC Rulebook, and in that rulebook, there’s major hypocrisy. As an example, it’s not PC to want guns to be legal in the US, and not PC to be a conservative Christian. However, it absolutely is PC to bash American pro gun folks and paint most of them as unstable, wacky conservative Christian people that cling to their guns and religion as Obama so eloquently once stated. 

When the left sees an opportunity to score a big block of voters, they try to protect them and kiss their asses in hopes of getting their votes. They know they’ll never get votes from the religious right, so they’ve declared them as dangerous to our country. They used to bad mouth illegals crossing the border taking jobs away from union members. But not long ago they flipped and decided they could capitalize on this group, so now illegals can do know wrong, borders should be wide open, big entitlement give sways to them. They’re fully committed to the high level of patronizing ass kissing. They’ve always patronized legal Hispanics because many are poor in the big cities and they get their votes with the entitlement giveaways. 

Now looking at a subset of Americans, Muslims are another group they feel they can capitalize on. So naturally, they’re treated very similar to another subset of Americans, the Hispanics. It is absolutely PC to patronize all Hispanics and Muslims in this country. 

So the obvious hypocrisy is the demonization of white American gun owners as extreme and unstable with their religious views. When a nut goes on a shooting spree, the first thing the left does is try to blame it on the gun and the white religious right NRA loving trash.

However, if a crazy Muslim nut goes shooting people and that person can be identified as that protected subset of Americans, they will down play the incident, and focus on the narrative that this was an outlier, Muslims are a peaceful people, etc. There will be a little talk about banning guns, but the lefts narrative will mostly be about separating the shooter from the Muslim community and protecting them. Where with shooters that they can put into the subset of white conservative Christian’s, they will blames the guns and tie the individual as being a part of a larger dangerous subset of Americans, the stereotypical NRA loving, trigger happy folks that cling to their extreme religious views and their stockpile of weapons. That is the hypocrisy. 

Now if you still don’t understand, you probably should go see a doctor. 

TLDR :shrug:

28 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

TLDR :shrug:

That’s what it takes when you have to break something down for stupid people such as you. But anyone that does read it will get a great laugh at your expense. I doubt you could even read that and understand it with it broken down. Anyone that thinks I was saying that Muslims aren’t Americans is as stupid as you. 🤪🤪😜😝😝🤡🤡

kat.jpg

Just saw the movie, it was really dark, and quite disturbing, but only a handful of killings. Joaquin Phoenix gave an amazing performance, overall really well made film, and I enjoyed it, but definitely not for everyone, and I probably wouldn't want to watch it again.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

Movies seem to be getting softer and softer in the blood and gore. Pretty soon there will be the Donnie and Marie Horror Hour on TV. Actually, that was a show they did for years. Oh the horror. A classic example of recent wimpy movies is The House That Jack Built. I watched that and I swear I thought I was watching a rated G flick. Boring. 

kat.jpg

2 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Well, I got my tix for the movie.  Say a prayer for me as I battle the odds of someone getting ridiculous...

I'm gonna wait for the controversy to settle a little bit because the theaters will be packed. I'll probably see it in 3 weeks in the morning on a Wednesday. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

5 hours ago, ridgeview2 said:

I'm gonna wait for the controversy to settle a little bit because the theaters will be packed. I'll probably see it in 3 weeks in the morning on a Wednesday. 

Matinee, baby. Mah-tee-nah. Always 1/2 price. I'll be there in the morning too.

8 minutes ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

Matinee, baby. Mah-tee-nah. Always 1/2 price. I'll be there in the morning too.

We have a Studio Movie Grill here and the morning shows are $5. 

On 9/30/2019 at 4:54 PM, ridgeview2 said:

A lot of it simply comes down to parents needing to step up and actually be a responsible adult and not let their kids be raised by the television, video game console, and cellphone. I'm 30 years old and was raised during the revolution of video game consoles in the mid 90's with games like Mortal Kombat, Grand Theft Auto, Doom, and other violent video games making their way to the forefront. My parents restricted my video game use and monitored what I was playing at all times, my dad did research on a game before buying it for me. It still blows my mind when I go to Target and I see a parent buy GTA 5 or Call of Duty for their 8 year old child and then get in the face of the store employee that is trying to educate them on what the parental ratings are. I worked retail for 3 years and its mind boggling how irresponsible parents are with their children when it comes to violent video games and films. I enjoy violent video games and I play them all the time, but parents need to educate themselves and become more responsible for what their children are doing when they login to their xbox and playstations.     

That's why I put my girls in sports as soon as they were old enough.  Plus, Girl Scouts, band, etc.  Did I hate running all over the damn Treasure Valley to get them to practices or sit out in a blizzard on Mother's day to watch a soccer tournament - yes.  But my girls were to busy to worry about playing video games or get in trouble.  They were both chair riders as Bogus as soon as they were of age to make money and then ski instructors.  My oldest is a level three ski instructor and switches between Sun Valley and Aspen, when she's not flying or rappeling out of helicopters into forest fires.  My youngest would be at the level too but her 2 1/2 tour in Southeast Asia and another 2 1/2 years at Miramar with the Marines put a crimp in that.  They stayed out of trouble and are responsible, productive citizens.  Everyone gives my daughter crap because she refuses to buy a game consul for  her five year old son.  Instead, they go to the Library and the park.  Pretty sure my grandkids are going to turn out okay too!  But you are right, it comes down to parenting!!!

down in a hole.jpg

With all this "controversy" and media build-up of a possible shooting at the Joker movie, it's almost like a self-fulfilling prophecy that it will trigger a shooting. The mainstream media is doing more harm than good giving the possibility of it so much attention. 

Which is exactly what a incel mass-shooter wants, publicity/attention. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

3 hours ago, Rebels18 said:

With all this "controversy" and media build-up of a possible shooting at the Joker movie, it's almost like a self-fulfilling prophecy that it will trigger a shooting. The mainstream media is doing more harm than good giving the possibility of it so much attention. 

Which is exactly what a incel mass-shooter wants, publicity/attention. 

*shooting happens* Mainstream Media: "See!! We told you it would happen!!"

*shooting doesn't happen* Mainstream Media: "phew! Glad to see that we got the word out and stopped those incels." 

Saw the movie. Joker in general seemed more canonically related to left wing nutjobs/ ANTIFA than incels. The clown/Gotham riots against the elite ruling class more resembled ANTIFA behavior. lol.. Maybe that's why the media SJWs didn't want people to see the movie. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

8 hours ago, Rebels18 said:

Saw the movie. Joker in general seemed more canonically related to left wing nutjobs/ ANTIFA than incels. The clown/Gotham riots against the elite ruling class more resembled ANTIFA behavior. lol.. Maybe that's why the media SJWs didn't want people to see the movie. 

Sounds like dumbasses on both sides trying to make this political.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

Just got out from seeing it with my dad. We really enjoyed it, but we both agreed that Heath Ledger still holds the top spot as the quintessential Joker on the big screen. I will say though, that was the best origin story film I've ever seen and Joaquin Phoenix deserves the oscar nod.